Page 101 of 108 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1077
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array StarJack's Avatar

I'd just like to congratulate this thread on 100 pages. I've been watching it grow like a weed for a couple years.

StarJack

ROG Enthusiast Array

So heat not an issue, HD not an issue, voltage not an issue.
    Sound PRETTY mush not an issue, even thought I havn't fully went down that path yet.
    CPU not over heating, GPU is not over heating.

What are we left with? My system is pretty much clean install with no bells and whistles added, everything is default and low settings, and turned off extra stuff that could have an impact of FPS stutters.

I'm lost...

I' think I'm just stuck with this, until I fluke something out, cause I don't think any trouble shooting is going to track it down, we've run out of reasonable options now.

Thanks you two, you were both great, can't thank you enough for trying to help me with this.
    I wish you problem free gaming laptops...

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array FULLMETALJACKET7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by l337g0g0 View Post
    So heat not an issue, HD not an issue, voltage not an issue.
    Sound PRETTY mush not an issue, even thought I havn't fully went down that path yet.
    CPU not over heating, GPU is not over heating.

What are we left with? My system is pretty much clean install with no bells and whistles added, everything is default and low settings, and turned off extra stuff that could have an impact of FPS stutters.

I'm lost...

I' think I'm just stuck with this, until I fluke something out, cause I don't think any trouble shooting is going to track it down, we've run out of reasonable options now.

Thanks you two, you were both great, can't thank you enough for trying to help me with this.
    I wish you problem free gaming laptops...
    I'm sure we could fix that in no time if we had our hands on your laptop. Trying to troubleshoot from a distance like that Can be tricky.

Does it happens every single time you run a game or does it take a while for the stutters to show up? Like after a reboot or it doesn't really matter?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETALJACKET7 View Post
    I'm sure we could fix that in no time if we had our hands on your laptop. Trying to troubleshoot from a distance like that Can be tricky.

Does it happens every single time you run a game or does it take a while for the stutters to show up? Like after a reboot or it doesn't really matter?
    I'm monitor that and get back to you.
    First I always restart my computer before I have gaming sessions, just to clear ram and get a clean system start, no junk going on.
    If I remember it happens every time, it's random when it happens, usually when something new comes on the screen or a new sound is played, that's why I kept leaning to ram/video ram issues, or HD vs SSD, pipes, ETC.

So to answer that, it's hard, very random, every time I play it happens a few times.

I understand how hard it is to do this, I try and help my mom fix her computer and it's a nightmare, she calls me to help her set her alarm to wake up in the morning. LOL I lose my mind cause I'm on my transit system heading to work. I get it though.

I got back to ASUS on my email to them, they are trying to help me also.

It's funny, the guy in the email said the throttling issue is not a common issue, I was ohh yea, look at this thread, and go watch some YouTube videos on these laptops and heat issues.
    Last edited by l337g0g0; 10-04-2018 at 01:35 AM.

I'm monitor that and get back to you.
    First I always restart my computer before I have gaming sessions, just to clear ram and get a clean system start, no junk going on.
    If I remember it happens every time, it's random when it happens, usually when something new comes on the screen or a new sound is played, that's why I kept leaning to ram/video ram issues, or HD vs SSD, pipes, ETC.

So to answer that, it's hard, very random, every time I play it happens a few times.

I understand how hard it is to do this, I try and help my mom fix her computer and it's a nightmare, she calls me to help her set her alarm to wake up in the morning. LOL I lose my mind cause I'm on my transit system heading to work. I get it though.

I got back to ASUS on my email to them, they are trying to help me also.

It's funny, the guy in the email said the throttling issue is not a common issue, I was ohh yea, look at this thread, and go watch some YouTube videos on these laptops and heat issues.

The "throttling" issue is not really an issue, like I explained before. Either, you're running a non demanding game and the system clocks down to save power, or something is hanging the system for a second, making it unresponsive -even if it's for a fraction of a second- and consequently the GPU/CPU will throttle because there's no load.
    If you enable "no load limit" monitoring in MSI Afterburner you'll see when it's triggering. You can also enable it to show on the OSD. It's very useful for troubleshooting.
    On the other hand, IF your system was overheating, then yes, it would throttle and you would notice a decrease in performance (low fps), not a hiccup... usually.

If you have two RAM sticks in your laptop, remove one and see what happens. Then swap them and test again.

Also, make sure fast startup is disabled in the power options, if it isn't already.

ROG Enthusiast Array

No load limit

Hi all,

So the no load limit didn't change during the game.
    The first have of the dips I didn't feel.
    After I windows down to screen shot the first half o the games afterburner graph, those dips I did feel, ALOT.
    Keeps bringing back to memory being accessed and slowed cause to much information.

But here's the graphs for no load.
    It's interesting that I didn't notice those dips before I windows down to screen shot and save the picture, then I started playing again and those dips after that I really felt.

And the ASUS guys want me to send it in for $60 non – refundable diagnostic fee, then 500 potently to fix the problem.
    I love how I have nothing to do with creating this problem, it's a design flaw, But I have to pay them to fix their issue... O.o

EDIT: is it east to open and see if I have two ram sticks VS one?
    I don't want to **** around to much with this thing.

Thank you.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos CS GO no lodad limit.jpg  

CS GO no load limit 2.jpg  

ROG Enthusiast Array

Hi all,

So the no load limit didn't change during the game.
    The first have of the dips I didn't feel.
    After I windows down to screen shot the first half o the games afterburner graph, those dips I did feel, ALOT.
    Keeps bringing back to memory being accessed and slowed cause to much information.

But here's the graphs for no load.
    It's interesting that I didn't notice those dips before I windows down to screen shot and save the picture, then I started playing again and those dips after that I really felt.

And the ASUS guys want me to send it in for $60 non – refundable diagnostic fee, then 500 potently to fix the problem.
    I love how I have nothing to do with creating this problem, it's a design flaw, But I have to pay them to fix their issue... O.o

EDIT: is it east to open and see if I have two ram sticks VS one?
    I don't want to **** around to much with this thing.

Thank you.

I think that Latency is causing those issues on your laptopt. Something is causing latency , maybe some drivers, maybe the harddisk or maybe the Intel Thermal Policy.

I would check for latency with Latencymon program to see what is causing latency.

Quote Originally Posted by Kompensan View Post
    I think that Latency is causing those issues on your laptopt. Something is causing latency , maybe some drivers, maybe the harddisk or maybe the Intel Thermal Policy.

I would check for latency with Latencymon program to see what is causing latency.
    I suggested that, was wondering the same thing. Something is hanging the system.

Did you disabled "fast startup" in the power options?

Also, this stuttering could have something to do with the windows 10 standby cache bug, specially if you only notice it after a while you booted up windows.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Kompensan View Post

CONCLUSION
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____
    Your system appears to be suitable for handling real-time audio and other tasks without dropouts.

Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 780.643209
    Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs): 4.832128

Highest measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 751.013532
    Average measured interrupt to DPC latency (µs): 1.833736

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 252.161265
    Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: HDAudBus.sys - High Definition Audio Bus Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 829.984568
    Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: nvlddmkm.sys - NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 411.70 , NVIDIA Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.035447
    Driver with highest DPC total execution time: nvlddmkm.sys - NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 411.70 , NVIDIA Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.129039

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 516835
    DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
    DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 175

Anything else? and thank you.
    Don't understand this, and only ran for a minute or two.

Page 101 of 108 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 ... LastLast