Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Awesome guide - thanks for taking the time to write/share it.

Out of interest, if you've checked the "apply at windows startup" icon in the tool, do you need to load up the MSI Afterburner tool, or will it apply the changes silently in the background?

ROG Member Array

After using this method I had some instability issues (windows randomly crashing on a blue screen)
    So I put these settings back off again, but I think my laptop makes a wierd inconsistent buzzzz sound when idle :/

ROG Member Array

Thanks for replying , what voltage curve do you recommend me? I'm getting 85 degrees while playing GTA V and Doom :/ .

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Matt2097 View Post
    Awesome guide - thanks for taking the time to write/share it.

Out of interest, if you've checked the "apply at windows startup" icon in the tool, do you need to load up the MSI Afterburner tool, or will it apply the changes silently in the background?
    Yes, it will apply settings silently. Hold CTRL while logging in to Windows to skip applying Afterburner settings.
    Last edited by onjax; 11-30-2016 at 09:15 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sfonks View Post
    After using this method I had some instability issues (windows randomly crashing on a blue screen)
    So I put these settings back off again, but I think my laptop makes a wierd inconsistent buzzzz sound when idle :/
    You have to change the curve one or two voltage steps higher. Open curve by Ctrl+F and drag the leftmost dots (up to 850-875mV) below the main flat line of 1860MHz to i.e. 1800 MHz. This will raise up voltage a bit from 835mV to 850mV for 1860MHz. Click APPLY. Check stability and continue.

I might update my profile for you with several presets to try.
    Last edited by onjax; 11-30-2016 at 09:08 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by hectorbastida View Post
    Thanks for replying , what voltage curve do you recommend me? I'm getting 85 degrees while playing GTA V and Doom :/ .
    As every chip is different in quality, you might get better or worse results. My profile is just a starting point, which is stable for me.

I might update and reupload my profile with several presets for you to try, from most powersaving to more stable. You can select profile in MSI afterburner by clicking 1,2,3,4,5 buttons and click Apply.

New ROGer Array

Hey onjax, your website is down. I managed to create a profile for my 1060 but I need to see you curve. Can you rehost it? Thanks.

ROG Member Array

Have you tried repasting the heat sinks?
    Stock thermal compounds are always inferior to aftermarket ones.
    What are you running as well? The GL702VM is supposed to have three fan for better cooling. *

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by peggy View Post
    Have you tried repasting the heat sinks?
    Stock thermal compounds are always inferior to aftermarket ones.
    What are you running as well? The GL702VM is supposed to have three fan for better cooling. *
    Read my first post pls, I mentioned Liquid Metal was my first idea, didn't help. Asus uses good paste.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Kaan88 View Post
    Hey onjax, your website is down. I managed to create a profile for my 1060 but I need to see you curve. Can you rehost it? Thanks.
    Uploaded to google drive LINK
    Use PROFILE selector in MSI Afterburner from 1 to 5 (1 - least heat, but may be unstable for some, 5 - possibly most stable, but more heat)

Page 2 of 111 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 ... LastLast