Page 49 of 109 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_suso View Post
    Thanks Kvwilliams

Another question:

This laptop can´t handle Rise of Tomb Raider on Very High Settings? On high settings its ok, but on very high very low fps. I used vertical sync with double buffering and tripple and same.
    Geforce experience recommends me put it in very high.

Another game with problems its Borderlands 2. If i put Physx on medium or high, the fps goes down. On low, ok. I test on 1080p, but geforce experice recommends all on high and 4k resolution (DRS RESOLUTION).

I know that the PC is complicated, but a 1.500€ laptop and can´t handle a game from 2016 and of course borderlands from 2012?.

My laptop have a fresh install of windows 10 and last drivers from

http://ivanrf.com/ultimos-drivers-asus-para-windows-10/
    http://www.win-raid.com/t596f39-Inte...tem-Tools.html
    http://www.win-raid.com/t2f23-Intel-...-v-v-WHQL.html
    http://www.win-raid.com/t834f25-USB-...nd-modded.html
    http://www.win-raid.com/t895f42-Inte...INF-files.html

And of course, last nvidia drivers with fresh install, first unistalled with DDU.

Regards.
    I've noticed the same fps problem, I've kind of a conclusion because it only happens with open worlds, it can be due to the GSYNC or where do you have the game installed, if you have it on the HDD it will low your fps when loading new zones but if you have it on the SSD that should be not big problem, try to play open games on SSD and without GSYNC, I havent try it yet but it could work.

ROG Junior Member Array

Thanks Yokali.

I have the games in the sdd, but that is not the problem since I do not have low fps when entering a new area. In Tomb raider or Borderlands, there are areas that if I look back where there is less to render, the game shows correct fps. But when I turn the camera and have to render a larger area, the laptop does not have enough power. G-sync its not the problem. I play by hdmi to the TV and I have disabled the option also in the laptop since there are games that do not go well (Like the Rayman legends). I tested with the "normal" and high performance power plan on windows. I've put in the nvidia control panel Prefered high performance. All the same. In Borderlans 2, the problem is the NVidia Physx. But a 1060 geforce should be more than enough. A friend has bought a PC (not a laptop) with the same features as the GL502VM / GL702VM (i7 and gt1060) and everything is perfect.

Of course, you can say "if you don´t like it, buy a Ps4". But i think we deserve a better value for thay money.

Finally, anybody with template for the holes of bottom?

Un saludo.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_suso View Post
    Thanks Yokali.

I have the games in the sdd, but that is not the problem since I do not have low fps when entering a new area. In Tomb raider or Borderlands, there are areas that if I look back where there is less to render, the game shows correct fps. But when I turn the camera and have to render a larger area, the laptop does not have enough power. G-sync its not the problem. I play by hdmi to the TV and I have disabled the option also in the laptop since there are games that do not go well (Like the Rayman legends). I tested with the "normal" and high performance power plan on windows. I've put in the nvidia control panel Prefered high performance. All the same. In Borderlans 2, the problem is the NVidia Physx. But a 1060 geforce should be more than enough. A friend has bought a PC (not a laptop) with the same features as the GL502VM / GL702VM (i7 and gt1060) and everything is perfect.

Of course, you can say "if you don´t like it, buy a Ps4". But i think we deserve a better value for thay money.

Finally, anybody with template for the holes of bottom?

Un saludo.
    Try resetting your settings to default in the geforce control panel. Btw, you should expect a 10% fps difference compared to the desktop 1060.

ROG Member Array

Cooling Improvement

Hey guys. i bought this vacuum cooler and installed it on the GPU side(GPU vent on the right side, correct?)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170701_154113.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	187.6 KB 
ID:	65713

When gaming my temp is still on 80-81 degrees C because i think it is sucking most of the air through here.

Name:	20170701_161802.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	371.1 KB 
ID:	65714

So i try plugging it with these foams.

Name:	20170701_160853.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	307.4 KB 
ID:	65712

It gets cooler about 3-4 degrees, im happy as long as it is below 80 degrees.

Name:	20170701_154059.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	224.8 KB 
ID:	65711

I will do some more testing with and without plugging, to make it certain even though it is obvious.

My CPU is just below 70 degrees when gaming, thanks to Intel ETU and power plan on 99%.

ROG Member Array

Turn V-Sync and G-Sync on

It helps reduce heat.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by dwyt326 View Post
    It helps reduce heat.
    Because it limits the max framerate to you monitor's refresh rate (in order to eleminate screen tearing), thus your gpu has less work to do

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array StarJack's Avatar

The new GL702VMK BIOS v303 is out today folks. Hopefully there are some changes improving heat and performance. I'll do some testing and report my own findings back.

StarJack

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by StarJack View Post
    The new GL702VMK BIOS v303 is out today folks. Hopefully there are some changes improving heat and performance. I'll do some testing and report my own findings back.

StarJack
    Great news! I have the skylake model, but I am looking forward to your test results

ROG Member Array

GL702VM here. I am running at 85c cpu and 89c gpu. Is this going to burn out or can chips take these temps. So far no issues, but want to think long term. We do get 1 year warrenty right?

Wont system auto shutdown so burnout is not a risk?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Leader2light View Post
    GL702VM here. I am running at 85c cpu and 89c gpu. Is this going to burn out or can chips take these temps. So far no issues, but want to think long term. We do get 1 year warrenty right?

Wont system auto shutdown so burnout is not a risk?
    On other forums they say it's fine under 90, but it's depressing, I agree. You can use some tweaks to lower your temps:

1. Cut holes under the vents on the bottom cover. (this voids warranty, however you can order backplate replacements)
    2. Update your bios (this makes a very significant difference)
    3. Undervolt your cpu & gpu
    4. Turn off Intel turbo boost when gaming
    5. Use a decent notebook cooler (e. g. CM Notepal U3 Plus)

These tweaks are listed in order of impact on lowering the temperatures.

I use/applied 2-5. tweaks and was able to keep my temps under 80, usually in the mid 70's.

On the warranty: I think it depends on the country or the store you bought in, mine has 2 years. I think it should last at least 2 years with high temperatures but if you want to prolong it's life you can use these tweaks.
    Last edited by pppttl; 07-05-2017 at 02:46 PM.

Page 49 of 109 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast