Page 50 of 108 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by pppttl View Post
    On other forums they say it's fine under 90, but it's depressing, I agree. You can use some tweaks to lower your temps:

1. Cut holes under the vents on the bottom cover. (this voids warranty, however you can order backplate replacements)
    2. Update your bios (this makes a very significant difference)
    3. Undervolt your cpu & gpu
    4. Turn off Intel turbo boost when gaming
    5. Use a decent notebook cooler (e. g. CM Notepal U3 Plus)

These tweaks are listed in order of impact on lowering the temperatures.

I use/applied 2-5. tweaks and was able to keep my temps under 80, usually in the mid 70's.

On the warranty: I think it depends on the country or the store you bought in, mine has 2 years. I think it should last at least 2 years with high temperatures but if you want to prolong it's life you can use these tweaks.
    Hi , if I only apply 2,3 and 4 (don't want to use notebook cooler or cut holes ) can I get decent temps on recent games ?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by eliwood_next View Post
    Hi , if I only apply 2,3 and 4 (don't want to use notebook cooler or cut holes ) can I get decent temps on recent games ?

Depends on what you consider decent. Laptop cooler helps, but it is not necessary.

ROG Member Array

by decent i mean around 80 °C in big cpu games like pubg.

btw , forcin fans to 100% is helping too no ?

ROG Enthusiast Array

As I said, with these tweaks + a laptop cooler I am getting temps just below 80 degrees.

I made tests whether ramping up fan speed makes a difference, and I found out that it isn't.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array StarJack's Avatar

With -0.150mv on CPU, 99% max processor state, a cooler master notepal x-slim cooling pad and two Opolar LC06s my GL702VMK CPU sits at 65C while the GPU gets up around 72C in PUBG. I find most demanding games I play keep my temperatures within this range with this setup.

This is also with the latest BIOS 303 released today. The system idles around 34C with both Opolars set on 2.

StarJack

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by StarJack; 07-05-2017 at 10:32 PM.

New ROGer Array

GL502VM XTU undervolting blue screen at -5 to -150v

Hi.
    Can somebody help me with my issue. I have a GL502VM with Windows 10 all updated. I successfully installed Intel XTU but every time undervolt to all the from -5 to -150v I keep getting a blue screen. Please some feed back would be appreciated much since I would like to reduce CPU temp as much as possible. I tried -99% but playing BF1 I would get around 85 to 89 deg C on CPU.
    Thanks in advance!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by dnhenry3 View Post
    Hi.
    Can somebody help me with my issue. I have a GL502VM with Windows 10 all updated. I successfully installed Intel XTU but every time undervolt to all the from -5 to -150v I keep getting a blue screen. Please some feed back would be appreciated much since I would like to reduce CPU temp as much as possible. I tried -99% but playing BF1 I would get around 85 to 89 deg C on CPU.
    Thanks in advance!
    Well, how about you try to undervolt with 0.1 v oor 100mv. So set it to -0.100v (or -100mv).

I think this brings down some heat on the cpu and in turn, the heatpipe can cool off the gpu and cpu both more efficiently.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by pppttl View Post
    On other forums they say it's fine under 90, but it's depressing, I agree. You can use some tweaks to lower your temps:

1. Cut holes under the vents on the bottom cover. (this voids warranty, however you can order backplate replacements)
    2. Update your bios (this makes a very significant difference)
    3. Undervolt your cpu & gpu
    4. Turn off Intel turbo boost when gaming
    5. Use a decent notebook cooler (e. g. CM Notepal U3 Plus)

These tweaks are listed in order of impact on lowering the temperatures.

I use/applied 2-5. tweaks and was able to keep my temps under 80, usually in the mid 70's.

On the warranty: I think it depends on the country or the store you bought in, mine has 2 years. I think it should last at least 2 years with high temperatures but if you want to prolong it's life you can use these tweaks.
    if after 2 years the laptop is still fine, ill start cutting holes. For now, i'd like my warranty.

Good to hear you had great gains in coolness with 2-5. Im really not interested in buying a notebook cooler for now. Maybe someone can sell me the product? How many degrees does it take off your processors? with vs without cooler? Also, how and for how much do you undervolt the gpu. Ive heard people say that it isnt worth it, you lose reletaively much fraps for the decrease in temp. Im very impressed to see you keep dem temps below 80. After undervolting the cpu im at around 85c 86c which already really feels bad, but much better than the 91c of before!

ROG Member Array

Opolar LC06

Hey guys,

I have been reading just about every page on here, i just have a few questions (sorry if there is a repeat).
    I currently have the GL702VS, I already managed to undervolt the CPU, and boost fans when i game, but i would like to gain a few more degrees.
    Has anyone a good tutorial on how to use afterburner?
    And more importantly, does anyone know if the Opolar LC06 would fit on the 702VS vent?

thanks a lot

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array StarJack's Avatar

I think the LC06 should fit the GL702VS, it fits the GL702VMK ok, except the lid obstructs the vents a bit. Still drops my temperatures impressively.

StarJack

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Page 50 of 108 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast