Page 54 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Hello everyone, i have a GL502VM with i7-6700hq and nvidia gtx 1060 6gb
    i undervolted successfully my cpu. but i have problem with the gpu
    the profile in the first page of this thread makes BF1 freeze costantly

this is the curve that i get : https://ibb.co/jT8k4a
    i didn't actually really understand how make it stable.
    thanks in advance!

ROG Member Array

Seen my GPU go as high as 92C. No issues yet. Won't the machine shut down before damage occurs?

Also, any damage would be covered by warranty, right?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by StarJack View Post
    Thanks, hey, if it works, it works.
    I do not believe the fans in these laptops spin down to 0 as others have stated. If I run NBFC and use the GL702VM profile, it will report 0% fan speed when idle while the ASUS Gaming Center reports around 1800 RPM. Is 53C your idle temperature?
    GL702VM here. It can spin down. It's a fact, it's just not deterministic in a way the we know the rules for sure.
    I was in a super quiet environment where you could literally hear every buzz within the room. While i was watching a powerpoint slideshow i heard that the fans stopped completely. I'm not claiming these 0 rpms (as I said earlier) based on software, you can literally hear them when they stop.

It's not a big deal though, personally i don't care at all about this. If your machine doesnt do this, you're missing nothing special

ROG Enthusiast Array

I kinda thought that's what you meant by sleeper and I agree. On top of the airflow issue, the thunderbolt3 JHL6240 is a pretty big disappointment too. I'd like to see a pic of the square vents you fashioned, if possible.

StarJack
    What's the problem with tb3?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Leader2light View Post
    Seen my GPU go as high as 92C. No issues yet. Won't the machine shut down before damage occurs?

Also, any damage would be covered by warranty, right?
    The machine automatically shuts Down when the temperatures are dangerous. It's fine if you use it with high temps like that, it's actually fairly common nowadays on slim gaming laptops. It will last until the warranty expires for sure, but who knows if it affects the long term life of your machine, after the warranty.

With that said you can prolong the machines life if you apply some tweaks, which can significantly reduce the temps.

EDIT: Some words of wisdom, regarding undervolting
    Last edited by pppttl; 07-14-2017 at 03:30 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array StarJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pppttl View Post
    What's the problem with tb3?
    The JHL6240 controller in these laptops is crippled and incapable of the 40GBps advertised by ASUS. This won't bother a lot of people but for folks who had hoped to possibly use an EGPU down the road to squeeze a little more life out of their system, they are basically out of luck. Still awaiting an official response from ASUS on this but not holding my breath.

StarJack

ROG Enthusiast Array

The JHL6240 controller in these laptops is crippled and incapable of the 40GBps advertised by ASUS. This won't bother a lot of people but for folks who had hoped to possibly use an EGPU down the road to squeeze a little more life out of their system, they are basically out of luck. Still awaiting an official response from ASUS on this but not holding my breath.

StarJack
    Wow, is this on both the GL502VM and 702VM? Or does the GL502VM have tb btw?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array StarJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pppttl View Post
    Wow, is this on both the GL502VM and 702VM? Or does the GL502VM have tb btw?
    I would say both are gimped:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thre...ebooks.801943/

Bummer, man.

StarJack

ROG Member Array

Vent Inserts.

Here is a question for those of you who have opend up your machine. How much space is there inbetween the inside of the case and the fans? I want to cut open the bottom case but didnt want to try my hand at making somthing that looked good. i would much rather cut out a section over top of each fan and drop a vent screen over it. So far, this is what ive found. its 80mm x 80mm x 3mm. I dont have the physical product in hand (yet) so idk if its 3mm up into the case, or 3mm under hang, or split between the 2. also, i doubt the supplied screws will work with the limited amout of space in there. Opinions or thoughts anyone? would some type of glue be sufficient to mount the screen?
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos vent insert.jpg  

ROG Enthusiast Array

I would say both are gimped:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/thre...ebooks.801943/

Bummer, man.

StarJack
    The Gl502vm wasnt advertised as a tb3 capable device, so why expect high speed controller in it? Only the GL702VM has tb3 according to Asus

Page 54 of 109 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast