Page 59 of 108 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by juanpablito View Post
    so has there been any improvement in thermals with the Bios 305 update that came in may?
    or is the only solution if i were to get this laptop undervolting? i wouldn't want it to die on me within a year
    I assume you're talking about the GL702VM. If yes, there was an improvement. The fps drops are completely gone and without any tweaking the laptop runs in the mid 80's.

However, if you use some undervolting and disable turbo when gaming you can further improve your temps down to the mid 70's.
    GL702VM

ROG Member Array

I'm having occasional issues with undervolting now. I originally set the core voltage offset to -120 mV, which was the voltage at which performance wouldn't drop during benchmark tests. However, I lowered it to -110 mV when later it BSOD'd while playing Doom.

Now I'm having a problem where the screen turns black on startup/waking up from sleep every once in a while, and I have to manually shut down and restart the computer—at which point, it works perfectly fine. After I restart my computer, if I open Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, it says "The application quit unexpectedly" and shows that my core voltage offset has been reset to 0 mV.

I've undervolted to -100 mV, but this just happened again. Should I keep raising the voltage until this stops happening, or could something else be causing this?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Bran187 PC Specs
    Bran187 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)GL502VMK
    MotherboardMSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition
    Processori7 4790
    Memory (part number)16 GB GSkill DDR3
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX 1070
    MonitorHP Pavilion 32q
    Storage #1120 GB SSD
    Storage #21TB HDD
    CPU CoolerCM 212
    CaseFractal Define R4
    Power SupplySeasonic 650W
    Keyboard Corsair K55
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
    Headset Plantronics Rig
    Mouse Pad Glteck XXL
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by DataBrain View Post
    I'm having occasional issues with undervolting now. I originally set the core voltage offset to -120 mV, which was the voltage at which performance wouldn't drop during benchmark tests. However, I lowered it to -110 mV when later it BSOD'd while playing Doom.

Now I'm having a problem where the screen turns black on startup/waking up from sleep every once in a while, and I have to manually shut down and restart the computer—at which point, it works perfectly fine. After I restart my computer, if I open Intel Extreme Tuning Utility, it says "The application quit unexpectedly" and shows that my core voltage offset has been reset to 0 mV.

I've undervolted to -100 mV, but this just happened again. Should I keep raising the voltage until this stops happening, or could something else be causing this?
    Try running without an undervolt at all. See if the issue persists.

Have you made any other changes to your system since this started happening?

ROG Member Array

How can I update my BIOS? I'm using a GL702VMK

Bran187 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)GL502VMK
    Processori7 4790
    MonitorHP Pavilion 32q
    Storage #1120 GB SSD
    Storage #21TB HDD
    CPU CoolerCM 212
    CaseFractal Define R4
    Keyboard Corsair K55
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
    Headset Plantronics Rig
    Mouse Pad Glteck XXL
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by Spxz_z View Post
    How can I update my BIOS? I'm using a GL702VMK
    There is a bios update tool that can be found in the downloads section of the laptops support page.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bran187 View Post
    There is a bios update tool that can be found in the downloads section of the laptops support page.
    I open this page -> https://www.asus.com/us/support/Down...Kyvyk8Xuas/45/ and download the 303 BIOS but I don't know how to install it.. It's just a file that I don't know how to open or where to put :\ Would love some help or info.

Bran187 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)GL502VMK
    Processori7 4790
    MonitorHP Pavilion 32q
    Storage #1120 GB SSD
    Storage #21TB HDD
    CPU CoolerCM 212
    CaseFractal Define R4
    Keyboard Corsair K55
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
    Headset Plantronics Rig
    Mouse Pad Glteck XXL
    OS Windows 10

I open this page -> https://www.asus.com/us/support/Down...Kyvyk8Xuas/45/ and download the 303 BIOS but I don't know how to install it.. It's just a file that I don't know how to open or where to put :\ Would love some help or info.
    A bit further down, under 'bios utilities' is the tool WinFlash. It should walk you through it, though there are videos and walkthroughs found online if you need them.

Also make sure you are downloading the right bios. If you have the 702VMK you don't want to install 702VM bios, and vice versa. It is imperative that you install the bios for your exact system. Otherwise you might end up with a really expensive paper weight.

ROG Member Array

A bit further down, under 'bios utilities' is the tool WinFlash. It should walk you through it, though there are videos and walkthroughs found online if you need them.

Also make sure you are downloading the right bios. If you have the 702VMK you don't want to install 702VM bios, and vice versa. It is imperative that you install the bios for your exact system. Otherwise you might end up with a really expensive paper weight.
    Thanks a ton for the clarification! All the best to you!

Bran187 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)GL502VMK
    Processori7 4790
    MonitorHP Pavilion 32q
    Storage #1120 GB SSD
    Storage #21TB HDD
    CPU CoolerCM 212
    CaseFractal Define R4
    Keyboard Corsair K55
    Mouse Corsair M65 Pro
    Headset Plantronics Rig
    Mouse Pad Glteck XXL
    OS Windows 10

Thanks a ton for the clarification! All the best to you!
    No problem mate! Best of luck with the bios update, and cheers!

ROG Member Array

Try running without an undervolt at all. See if the issue persists.

Have you made any other changes to your system since this started happening?
    It would be hard to confirm if the issue persists without undervolt, since this only happens very rarely on startup.

I have undervolted my GPU as far as I am comfortable with, so it could be an issue with the GPU rather than the CPU; maybe the voltage offset automatically resetting itself has something to do with me manually shutting it down after it froze when booting up.

Page 59 of 108 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast