Page 81 of 111 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by FastM View Post
    I understand your logic for wanting to keep things at default, but why not just undervolt a little? Personally im not comfortable letting the hardware heat up like that all th time. What scares me the most is the effect on the surrounding components, Not to mention you can get better performance out of the machine with undervolting applied..
    I will do some test with undervolting... previously having -125 my machine crashed a lot, stable was -110 but did not notice any significant changes to temperatures... will do some test maybe in future.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Yeah a cpu undervolt alone wont do much since its the GPU creating the majority of the heat. A -100mV CPU undervolt is enough temp wise, definitely start messing with Afterbuner you'll see huge results with all the physical changes already done to your system.

ROG Member Array

Afterburner

Quote Originally Posted by FastM View Post
    Yeah a cpu undervolt alone wont do much since its the GPU creating the majority of the heat. A -100mV CPU undervolt is enough temp wise, definitely start messing with Afterbuner you'll see huge results with all the physical changes already done to your system.
    Having never tampered with voltages of either CPU or GPU, Would you think it were safe for me to start messing around with it? Do I risk any permanent damage to my machine?

Also, I installed Afterburner on my GL702VMk but it seems like the only options it gives me to change are for Core voltage (assuming this is CPU) and I think another other for just the GPU. None of the other options are accessible and grayed out. Is there a way to unlock everything else?

ROG Member Array

The answers to your questions are at the first post. With regards to the long term damage, no. It doesn't cause damage provided that your underclock is stable (System doesn't BSOD).

New ROGer Array

Smile Drill or not drill?

Ehi guys,
    here GL702MVK (i7 2.8 Ghz + nvidia 1060 6 Gb, BIOS 303).

After 81 pages, I'm not still able to understand if it's really possibile to improve my CPU+GPU temperatures (I mean under 80 C degrees) without to drill my bottom case.

At the moment, my attempts with "Onjax's metode" (Afterburner msi + Intel Xtreme Tuning Utility) are completely useless: my temps, with TURBO BOOST active, are always above 85 degrees (playing FIFA 18, CPU 90° - GPU 85°). What a waste of cash..... I can't believe Asus trades a so deficient product!

Could anyone explain to me, if only solution available is drilling my case? And if I decide to drill (+ ventilation system), I can find a real fixing (temp under 80 C degrees)?

Thanks for answering

Greetings from Italy

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by ( MAD ) View Post
    Ehi guys,
    here GL702MVK (i7 2.8 Ghz + nvidia 1060 6 Gb, BIOS 303).

After 81 pages, I'm not still able to understand if it's really possibile to improve my CPU+GPU temperatures (I mean under 80 C degrees) without to drill my bottom case.

At the moment, my attempts with "Onjax's metode" (Afterburner msi + Intel Xtreme Tuning Utility) are completely useless: my temps, with TURBO BOOST active, are always above 85 degrees (playing FIFA 18, CPU 90° - GPU 85°). What a waste of cash..... I can't believe Asus trades a so deficient product!

Could anyone explain to me, if only solution available is drilling my case? And if I decide to drill (+ ventilation system), I can find a real fixing (temp under 80 C degrees)?

Thanks for answering

Greetings from Italy
    I've been testing CPU and GPU undervolt and both help well but I wanted lower temps without drill the case so 2 days ago I tried with the adaptative energy mode of the Nvidial control panel wich changes the mode how the graphics cards works, as far as I was able to understand it's something like:
    Adaptive
    If there is some 3d load let's jump to a higher frequency like 800Mhz if that frequency is capable of managing the load (<90%) let's keep that frequency but if it isn't let's look for some higher frequency and so on.

Optimal performance
    If there's some 3d load let's jump to a realy high frequency like ~1600Mhz and doesn't matter the load isn't too high to avoid stuttering let's keep that high.

So in comparison with Adaptive you can get 800Mhz (or higher depending on the load) with ~80% usage wich means less current, more efficiency but maybe stuttering. with Optimal performance 1600Mhz <50% usage, more stable frequency means more stable fps but more current consumption meaning more heat

I hope I'd explained well

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Yokali View Post
    I've been testing CPU and GPU undervolt and both help well but I wanted lower temps without drill the case so 2 days ago I tried with the adaptative energy mode of the Nvidial control panel wich changes the mode how the graphics cards works, as far as I was able to understand it's something like:
    Adaptive
    If there is some 3d load let's jump to a higher frequency like 800Mhz if that frequency is capable of managing the load (<90%) let's keep that frequency but if it isn't let's look for some higher frequency and so on.

Optimal performance
    If there's some 3d load let's jump to a realy high frequency like ~1600Mhz and doesn't matter the load isn't too high to avoid stuttering let's keep that high.

So in comparison with Adaptive you can get 800Mhz (or higher depending on the load) with ~80% usage wich means less current, more efficiency but maybe stuttering. with Optimal performance 1600Mhz <50% usage, more stable frequency means more stable fps but more current consumption meaning more heat

I hope I'd explained well
    Thanks Man! I get it.

But... have you verified a real lowering of the temperatures with these 2 options (Optimale or Adaptive performance)? Can you argue it with tested examples? Thanks a lot!

ROG Member Array

Yes, due to the lower frequency of the adaptive there's much less heat with the optimal mode my temps were like 80 or more for gpu and cpu but less than 90. while playing AC origins and now that I'm using adaptive my temps are much lower like 72 C max for GPU and the cpu like, if you want to use it a would recommend to reboot your system and monitorize the frequency to be sure there's a low frequency and high GPU usage, I have to say that I only noticed this situation with AC and nothing change while playing Overwatch or Fortnite but my temps are lower than 80 C in any of those cases

ROG Member Array

Adaptive Energy

Quote Originally Posted by Yokali View Post
    Yes, due to the lower frequency of the adaptive there's much less heat with the optimal mode my temps were like 80 or more for gpu and cpu but less than 90. while playing AC origins and now that I'm using adaptive my temps are much lower like 72 C max for GPU and the cpu like, if you want to use it a would recommend to reboot your system and monitorize the frequency to be sure there's a low frequency and high GPU usage, I have to say that I only noticed this situation with AC and nothing change while playing Overwatch or Fortnite but my temps are lower than 80 C in any of those cases
    Why dont I see the Option for Adaptive mode? Am I overlooking it or just in the wrong section? GL702VMK looking in NVidia control panel.

ROG Member Array

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kj.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	115.5 KB 
ID:	72310
    There's where i changed that, I've tried it also with Titanfall 2 and it is really good, just for some moments of stuttering but I think it does worth it

Page 81 of 111 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 ... LastLast