Page 83 of 111 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by ( MAD ) View Post
    Ehi man,
    bad news for me.

I tried your solutions (playing "Prey") but I didn't notice significant changes, maybe 2-3 degrees.

My default settings were (with Turbo Boost active):

OPTIMAL MODE + XTU -0,095 + Onjax'profile 3 on Afterburner --> Gpu: 86° - Cpu: 85°

ADAPTIVE MODE + XTU -0,095 + Onjax'profile 3 on Afterburner --> Gpu: 84° - Cpu: 83-84°

In both cases, my machine looks more like a toaster than a laptop, thermal throttling is always clear playing non-stressful games (FIFA18) too.

Only effective solution seems to turn off the Turbo Boost but I paid for that and I can't accept a so stupid alternative!

MAD
    GL702VMK
    Did you reboot your system? the change is over the frequency, if you can while playing see your frequency you should see lower frequencies with adaptative mode and more % usage of your GPU, have you noticed that?

ROG Enthusiast Array

amazing

reg add HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Processor /v Capabilities /t REG_DWORD /d 0x0007e066

i think this helped on the noise, but not sure the consequences on the long term.

i sure love you guys from this forum.
    thank you onjax

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Yokali View Post
    Did you reboot your system? the change is over the frequency, if you can while playing see your frequency you should see lower frequencies with adaptative mode and more % usage of your GPU, have you noticed that?
    Yeah, I did (reboot)....unfortunately with no success.

thanks anyway!

Cheersss

MAD

New ROGer Array

GL503VS: GPU problem, low FPS

New ROGer Array

Random crash at 100% usage

So i was playing GW2 when my GPU crashed. Reason was 100% usage, however the game doesnt even reach 70 normally. What am I doing wrong? It is pretty stable most of the time. Here's a screenshot of the curve https://i.imgur.com/5MRsKqJ.png

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by orlando9164 View Post
    My problem is the frame rate, I can't get over 40fps
    hi. Check nVidia GeForce Experiece software. Do you use whisper mode? If yes - go to nVidia control panel/manage 3d settings/program settings, choose your game (the witcher 3) and select frame rate on WhisperMode (default is 40fps). Or just disable WhisperMode, but I recommend you to keep WhisperMode enabled. After each driver update - check framerate on nVidia control panel. If you can't find this settings - I can make some screenshots.
    p.s. english is not my native language. I hope you understand me.

New ROGer Array

Repasting GL702VM

So I tried undervolting and the tape thing and it did almost nothing, last week I drilled the back, right under the fans, and bought some mesh to cover it up and the temps wont go past 75ºC playing PUBG or GTA V which is really better than the 85ºC I was getting before.

I'm still looking for a repaste but I don't know if it is worth it, some people say the default one is good enough.

I've been searching and found out about liquid metal repasting and from what I read it really reduces the temps by a lot (There is a guy on YT called Linus Tech Tips that did a liquid metal repaste on a gtx 1080 laptop and he decreased the temps 20ºC lower).

What do you guys think? Is a repaste worth it? Is a repaste with liquid metal even better than a normal repaste?

ROG Junior Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by joaocarlosr View Post
    What do you guys think? Is a repaste worth it? Is a repaste with liquid metal even better than a normal repaste?
    You have 75C - it's ok. Just repaste with mx2 or mx4 thermalpaste. It's much more cheaper and no problem after few months (you know that liquid metal reacts with copper, but copper much more slower degrades than aluminium). After repaste your temp (in game) should be ~70C, with liquid metal may be ~62-65C. Google it "liquid metal compatibility with copper heat sinks" and make conclusions.
    p.s. english is not my native language

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by stmDooD View Post
    hi. Check nVidia GeForce Experiece software. Do you use whisper mode? If yes - go to nVidia control panel/manage 3d settings/program settings, choose your game (the witcher 3) and select frame rate on WhisperMode (default is 40fps). Or just disable WhisperMode, but I recommend you to keep WhisperMode enabled. After each driver update - check framerate on nVidia control panel. If you can't find this settings - I can make some screenshots.
    p.s. english is not my native language. I hope you understand me.
    Sure, I understood

No, I didn't install Geforce experience after formatting the PC, I was told that this software is definitely not useful, rather sometimes it is the opposite.

However, I think that, because of having problems also in benchmarks, the issues are not caused by the Nvidia's software.

New ROGer Array

Repasting GL702VM

Quote Originally Posted by stmDooD View Post
    You have 75C - it's ok. Just repaste with mx2 or mx4 thermalpaste. It's much more cheaper and no problem after few months (you know that liquid metal reacts with copper, but copper much more slower degrades than aluminium). After repaste your temp (in game) should be ~70C, with liquid metal may be ~62-65C. Google it "liquid metal compatibility with copper heat sinks" and make conclusions.
    p.s. english is not my native language
    I'm really going to repaste because I've seen too many people saying that the intel thermal paste is not that good. I'm not going to use liquid metal.
    Which thermal paste should I use? I don't mind paying a bit more for a better one..

I've been searching a bit and I think I'm going to use Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, what do you guys think? Here are others I've seen: Arctic MX-4, Arctic Silver 5 and Noctua NT-H1.

Page 83 of 111 FirstFirst ... 33 73 81 82 83 84 85 93 ... LastLast