Page 99 of 108 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array FULLMETALJACKET7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by djbigbear View Post
    Because it's not straining my eyes when i play for hours.
    Most people knew that enabling vsync would bring the infamous input lag into play, but what they didn't know that you could practically minimize that input lag to the point that you could no longer feel it.
    You just need to eliminate the source of input lag caused by extra preloaded frame that's usually happens when you enable vsync by locking the framerate slightly below vsync target fps.
    Considering your GPU is capable of running fps at your monitor refresh rate, then it's the closest you can get to a g-sync without a g-sync monitor. buttery smooth.
    note: this doesn't work with adaptive vsync.

You can read all about it here:
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=668808553
    https://www.blurbusters.com/howto-low-lag-vsync-on/
    https://medium.com/@petrakeas/vsync-...er-2437118bfa5

CSGO is a bit tricky, most GPU won't work at maximum performance because of how the game was set by the dev, since it's heavily CPU Bound, low setting would just make the GPU work even less thus even lower fps, so I needed to crank all the setting up just so the GPU would work harder to get stable 120 fps.
    Triple buffering just adds another frame to the queue, thus introducing more input lag, regardless if you have vsync on or off. Also, for this "low lag vsync" trick to work, you should enable vsync in the nvidia control panel (not in-game) and limit the frame rate below (not above) your monitor's refresh rate with RTSS.
    If your laptop has a GSync panel, it will make things a lot easier (and better). See how to, here: https://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/gs...-and-settings/

Have you tried fast sync yet? It will run your GPU as fast as it can and "grab" the last frame to draw on screen, basically. Low input lag, high fps, smooth and no tearing.
    Last edited by FULLMETALJACKET7; 09-30-2018 at 01:25 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array djbigbear PC Specs
    djbigbear PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FX502VMZ
    MotherboardFX502VMZ
    Processori7 7700HQ
    Memory (part number)16GB
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1060 3GB
    Sound CardCM6206 external soundcard
    MonitorAUO B156HTN05.2 120hz
    Storage #1Samsung NVME 960 PRO 512GB
    Storage #2Samsung SATA 850 EVO 500GB
    Mouse M720 & G602
    Headset ATH-AD900
    Mouse Pad Steelseries Qck
    Headset/Speakers Mackie CR5BT
    OS Windows 10 64-bit
    Network RouterRT-N12HP N300
    Accessory #1 Deepcool multicore X6 cooling pad
    Accessory #2 Opolar LC06 vacuumcooler #1
    Accessory #3 Opolar LC06 vacuumcooler #2

Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETALJACKET7 View Post
    Triple buffering just adds another frame to the queue, thus introducing more input lag, regardless if you have vsync on or off. Also, for this "low lag vsync" trick to work, you should enable vsync in the nvidia control panel (not in-game) and limit the frame rate below (not above) your monitor's refresh rate with RTSS.
    If your laptop has a GSync panel, it will make things a lot easier (and better). See how to, here: https://www.blurbusters.com/gsync/gs...-and-settings/

Have you tried fast sync yet? It will run your GPU as fast as it can and "grab" the last frame to draw on screen, basically. Low input lag, high fps, smooth and no tearing.
    Exactly what i did, excluding the triple buffering part and turning vsync from nvidia control panel. I have no trouble using the current setting, it's it's all working just fine using any game's vsync. besides, nvidia control panel setting for triple buffering only works in openGL games.
    Unfortunately my laptop didn't came with g-sync, i even had to replace the screen with 120hz optronics screen because the default was so eye straining after a few hours.

I'm not really interested in fast sync, since it defeats the whole purpose of getting this laptop working cool.
    Last edited by djbigbear; 09-30-2018 at 01:52 PM.

ROG Member Array

I've read that many use Prime95 when stress-testing CPU after undervolting. It didn't seem to give any reliable results to me, though (i.e., when Prime95 can run for many hours without issues, other loads may crash system in minutes or even in seconds).

Here are my undervolting results:
    -150mV - crashed immediately.
    -140mV - crashed in few seconds.
    -130mV - Prime95 worked fine for 7 hours, with and without additional load (web browsing, youtube videos, Entropia Universe game with high graphic settings). When only Prime95 was running, stable temperatures were 67°C for GPU, 87°C for CPU, no thermal throttling. Stopped Prime95, changed graphic settings to low - crashed.
    -125mV - 3DMark "Fire Strike" benchmark crashed during first test ("Demo").
    -120mV - 3DMark "Fire Strike" benchmark crashed during second test ("Graphics test 1").
    -115mV - lots of 3DMark benchmarks with or without delays between them. Survived 3 continuous runs of "Fire Strike" and "Sky Diver" benchmarks (with delays between series of runs). Crashed on second run of "Time Spy".
    -110mV - to be tested…

GL702VMK, 7700HQ, GTX1060.

ROG Enthusiast Array

CS GO and BF4 tonight.

What else you want me to test?

Play a game of CS GO, and BF4 today, same ****, different day.

This is the frame dips were all seeing.
    Mind you, I'm notice a correlation with new stuff in sound or on screen and these frame dips.
    Not concrete on this, but usually like when a music kit plays in CS GO at the end of the round that can trigger a frame dip.

puzzling.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos CS GO 2nd day frame drops edit.jpg  

BF4 2nd day frame drops EDIT.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by djbigbear
    *I'm not really interested in fast sync, since it defeats the whole purpose of getting this laptop working cool.

If your system can't run a 100% load without overheating (throttling), you haven't fixed the issue in the first place. Buying a high performance product, then having to limit its power so it can function properly completely defeats the purpose of having a high performance system in the first place. It's like buying a Ferrari and having to keep a brick under the gas pedal so you don't give it too much.
    You might be alright running not so demanding old games or capping frame rates to avoid overheating, but what if you want to play something like Ghost Recon Wildlands, that punish your system regardless? Gonna cap it at 30fps? What about AAA titles a year from now?

I don't understand how capping performance can be considered a "fix".*

ROG Enthusiast Array

Here's heaven Default V-sync

Here's heaven Default V-sync.

Any other settings you want to see?

There are frame dips here, seems like new content being added to V-ram maybe, like I was saying before.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos Heaven Vsync Default.jpg  

djbigbear PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FX502VMZ
    MotherboardFX502VMZ
    Processori7 7700HQ
    Memory (part number)16GB
    Mouse M720 & G602
    Headset ATH-AD900
    OS Windows 10 64-bit

If your system can't run a 100% load without overheating (throttling), you haven't fixed the issue in the first place. Buying a high performance product, then having to limit its power so it can function properly completely defeats the purpose of having a high performance system in the first place. It's like buying a Ferrari and having to keep a brick under the gas pedal so you don't give it too much.
    You might be alright running not so demanding old games or capping frame rates to avoid overheating, but what if you want to play something like Ghost Recon Wildlands, that punish your system regardless? Gonna cap it at 30fps? What about AAA titles a year from now?

I don't understand how capping performance can be considered a "fix".*
    If you have a Ferrari, would you drive it at max speed everytime you ride it?

capping the performance of GPUs has several benefits:
    1. your GPU don't have to draw too much power.
    2. Less power means lower heat.
    3. lower heat means longer lifespan.
    4. the pascal series GPUs have multiple staging type of throttling where it throttles down the clock of your gpu at various temps starting at 80C if i'm not mistaken. that's why keeping it under 80C is also important.
    5. removing input lag when v-sync is enabled.
    *please do remember my laptop has no trouble running it even without capping, no overheating problem whatsoever. i just like using v-sync whenever possible to put less strain on my eyes.

that being said, i never once said anything about capping my GPU on a highly GPU demanding games.... i think you have me confused with other member here...
    capping at such games would be pointless since i could never maintain stable 120 fps required to enable v-sync to work properly.
    lowering refresh rate to enable v-sync at lower fps is just as pointless since the screen will strain my eyes even before i play the game.

so in my case, i like to drive my ferrari well within the speed limit if there is no need for me to drive at max speed.

Quote Originally Posted by l337g0g0 View Post
    What else you want me to test?

Play a game of CS GO, and BF4 today, same ****, different day.

This is the frame dips were all seeing.
    Mind you, I'm notice a correlation with new stuff in sound or on screen and these frame dips.
    Not concrete on this, but usually like when a music kit plays in CS GO at the end of the round that can trigger a frame dip.

puzzling.
    why do your GPU Core, Memory & voltage dips that frequent?
    Try manually set the voltage curve in MSI afterburner and try those games again.
    this is mine
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1600MHz-1900MHz.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	102.6 KB 
ID:	76067

if it's still acting up, maybe consider reinstalling CSGO.
    Last edited by djbigbear; 10-01-2018 at 01:00 AM.

Here's heaven Default V-sync.

Any other settings you want to see?

There are frame dips here, seems like new content being added to V-ram maybe, like I was saying before.
    Interesting.
    Do you notice anything weird with the sound like popping, cutting out or lagging?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Interesting.
    Do you notice anything weird with the sound like popping, cutting out or lagging?
    No sound issues, just CS GO SOMETIMES frames dip just as the music plays for MVP music kit, it's not responsible for all the frame dips, and it doesn't frame dip every time the MVP sound kit plays.

It just makes me think that new content is loading into ram, V-ram HD stuff? who knows.

This is all weird.

BTW: my games are on the HD and I have the SSD SATA, but not really sure if that all matters, the HD and SSD fighting for pipes?

Thanks though for all your help so far.

djbigbear PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FX502VMZ
    MotherboardFX502VMZ
    Processori7 7700HQ
    Memory (part number)16GB
    Mouse M720 & G602
    Headset ATH-AD900
    OS Windows 10 64-bit

No sound issues, just CS GO SOMETIMES frames dip just as the music plays for MVP music kit, it's not responsible for all the frame dips, and it doesn't frame dip every time the MVP sound kit plays.

It just makes me think that new content is loading into ram, V-ram HD stuff? who knows.

This is all weird.

BTW: my games are on the HD and I have the SSD SATA, but not really sure if that all matters, the HD and SSD fighting for pipes?

Thanks though for all your help so far.
    no i don't think there's a problem with HD and SSD since the game is preloaded to RAM, what i consider weird is that your GPU voltage is actually fluctuating too.
    do you have cl_forcepreload 1 enabled in csgo? so it fully preloads all the game files not during the gameplay itself.

Page 99 of 108 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 ... LastLast