Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

After a screen replacement, this problem is coming back to my G752VY again. When i start it, only a black screen shows up. I think the screen is slowly dying again. Seriously?!?!??!?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

It's a problem present on many ASUS products. Sometimes they just won't start the screen... for me going fullscreen in games sometimes makes the screen go black (after flashing pink) and i have to restart. It's something i got used to. I also had this 2in1 asus pc that EVERY TIME i powered it on on battery after being used plugged in, the screen wouldn't turn on (same issue). Had to hold power button and try again, then it worked.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Fuauwkchcjw View Post
    Is your G752VS OC edition or not? Because I was talking about Non-OC editions. If so where did you buy it from?
    Mine is a non-OC, purchased from Best Buy

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamonic View Post
    I've tested many G752VS models as well and all of them have displayed this exact anomaly. It could very well be hardware initialization (once drivers are installed) related to the VBIOS as the only version available seems to be 86.04.2A.00.0A for the ASUS BGA 1070 and this model of notebook; I could not replicate the anomaly if the 1070 adapter was disabled in Device Manager prior to restarting (disabling driver support essentially) and that got me thinking...

So I started flashing different manufacturer BGA and MXM 1070 VBIOS ROMs, and so far the Clevo MXM 1070 VBIOS has removed this anomaly completely for me after POST. It's also rock solid stable as well and no issues to report using it either. The VBIOS is here (86.04.2A.00.27) if you want to try it out and you'll want to use NVFlash v5.292.0.

GPU-Z report here with the VBIOS flashed.
    So this can be the solution for the pink screen at boot up?? and I think it/s risky to do by doing it myself

ROG Enthusiast Array

Well, I doubt that the process itself can be complicated - the question which remains is will this action void the warranty of the laptop? Even though it (evidently) solves the issue, it is worth losing the warranty, which can for certain laptops (here in Croatia) be as long as 4 years. As we can see from the forum, the warranty in many cases does not worth a dime, but nonetheless...

My concern would be why the ASUS folks have not come up with such a solution, which is obviously quite painless?

ROG Enthusiast Array

Is it something similar to what I'm experiencing with my G752VY?

I just either Fn+F7 twice to get it going... or a quick reboot by turning off and then on the power button. (Fn+F7) x 2 is faster though.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Turns out Fn+F7 only works with the power adapter on. Figured out by looking at the events log that even if I say 'shutdown', the laptop was going to sleep due to Fastboot being enabled. Turned off Fasboot and booting up doesn't sleep the display anymore. Boot times don't really change either... still < 7sec with or without Fastboot on

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Fast Joke (aka fastboot) causes a lot of issues. If you have a problem and try to reboot it just reloads the problem. Its nothing more than hibernate renamed, even uses the same file to dump your ram to, hiberfil.sys Just another fine example for some of this stuff. Blank screen is display drivers not loading correctly (thanks to fast joke). The Pink screen is pretty much always hardware failure.

Immortal Array MacLeod PC Specs
    MacLeod PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG G752VS-XB78K OC Edition
    MotherboardIntel® Mobile CM236 Express Chipset
    ProcessorOverclocked Intel Skylake-K Quad Core i7-6820HK Processor (Base Frq: 2.7GHz)
    Memory (part number)64GB Overclocked DDR4 2400MHz DRAM (4x16GB)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 (8.0GB) GDDR5 (Pascal) w/Optimus™ Technology
    Graphics Card #2VR Ready
    Graphics Card #31.2MP HD Camera
    Graphics Card #4External Monitor = ASUS VH242H
    Sound CardRealtek w/ Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar (Dolby® 3D Stereo Enhanced Sound System)
    Monitor17.3" FHD (1920*1080) Hardware G-Sync 178° View-Angle & ASUS VH242H
    Storage #1512 GB NVMe PCIeG3x4 SSD (4x speed of Sata SSD) + 1TB (7200 RPM)
    Storage #22TB WD My Passport Ultra
    CPU CoolerHyper Cool Dual Fan Thermal System w/3D Mobile Vapor Chamber Cooling & Dust-Release Fan
    CaseArmor Titanium and Plasma Copper (Dimensions (WxHxD) 16.4" x 1.9" x 12.7") (Weight 9.5 lbs)
    Power Supply8 Cells - Smart Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (64WHrs) 230W AC Adapter
    Keyboard Tactile Chiclet Backlit Keyboard with 30-Key Rollover & External Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse Corsair Gaming M65 PRO RGB FPS Gaming Mouse
    Headset Asus Orion Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad ROG
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker System & Altec Lansing Speakers
    OS Genuine Windows® 10 Professional 64bit
    Network RouterARRIS TOUCHSTONE DOCSIS 3.0 DG1670A
    Accessory #1 Dual-Band Intel® Wireless-AC 8260 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n 2x2 NGFF w/ Bluetooth 4.2
    Accessory #2 DL DVD±RW/CD-RW 8x Super Multi Combo Drive
    Accessory #3 ASUS Republic of Gamers Nomad Backpack

ASUS Stated they have no history or information about this issue.

When I recently contacted ASUS about this issue and to see if it was ever resolved...or if I needed to choose a different system...ASUS Stated they have no history or information about this issue. When I mentioned this forum and thread about how many of us have reported the problem and actually have this issue...they stated they don't see any cases or information regarding this issue/problem...but I could of course select a different system if needs be.

How is that for a slap in the face from ASUS?!

So, anyone know if this is actually 100% absolutely and positively an actual hardware issue and/or bad and needs to be fixed or is this just a issue where when the system boots from bios to windows and the drivers start asserting themselves sort of thing at that moment?

Is there some configuration or setting adjustment or fix for this possibly...other than installing the firmware mentioned earlier in the thread?

Any information appreciated.

Thanks.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by MacLeod View Post
    Is there some configuration or setting adjustment or fix for this possibly...other than installing the firmware mentioned earlier in the thread?
    I don't get the black screen on boot once i disabled fast boot. Not that's its a big problem, the G752VY used to no be able to use Fast Boot before the latest released BIOS. And boot wise now, even with fast boot off, nvme boot up is around 6-7s anyway... (unlike before it was more 14-20s. Shutting down is where fast boot would be of help, without it on, shutting down is like twice as long... but that probably because fast boot just does a quick hibernation...not really shutting off

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast