Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Immortal Array MacLeod PC Specs
    MacLeod PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG G752VS-XB78K OC Edition
    MotherboardIntel® Mobile CM236 Express Chipset
    ProcessorOverclocked Intel Skylake-K Quad Core i7-6820HK Processor (Base Frq: 2.7GHz)
    Memory (part number)64GB Overclocked DDR4 2400MHz DRAM (4x16GB)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 (8.0GB) GDDR5 (Pascal) w/Optimus™ Technology
    Graphics Card #2VR Ready
    Graphics Card #31.2MP HD Camera
    Graphics Card #4External Monitor = ASUS VH242H
    Sound CardRealtek w/ Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar (Dolby® 3D Stereo Enhanced Sound System)
    Monitor17.3" FHD (1920*1080) Hardware G-Sync 178° View-Angle & ASUS VH242H
    Storage #1512 GB NVMe PCIeG3x4 SSD (4x speed of Sata SSD) + 1TB (7200 RPM)
    Storage #22TB WD My Passport Ultra
    CPU CoolerHyper Cool Dual Fan Thermal System w/3D Mobile Vapor Chamber Cooling & Dust-Release Fan
    CaseArmor Titanium and Plasma Copper (Dimensions (WxHxD) 16.4" x 1.9" x 12.7") (Weight 9.5 lbs)
    Power Supply8 Cells - Smart Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (64WHrs) 230W AC Adapter
    Keyboard Tactile Chiclet Backlit Keyboard with 30-Key Rollover & External Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse Corsair Gaming M65 PRO RGB FPS Gaming Mouse
    Headset Asus Orion Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad ROG
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker System & Altec Lansing Speakers
    OS Genuine Windows® 10 Professional 64bit
    Network RouterARRIS TOUCHSTONE DOCSIS 3.0 DG1670A
    Accessory #1 Dual-Band Intel® Wireless-AC 8260 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n 2x2 NGFF w/ Bluetooth 4.2
    Accessory #2 DL DVD±RW/CD-RW 8x Super Multi Combo Drive
    Accessory #3 ASUS Republic of Gamers Nomad Backpack

Clarification

In clarification of my previous post copied below...

I am referring to the pink screen and parallel vertical lines that flash after boot but just before windows sign in.

"ASUS Stated they have no history or information about this issue.
    When I recently contacted ASUS about this issue and to see if it was ever resolved...or if I needed to choose a different system...ASUS Stated they have no history or information about this issue. When I mentioned this forum and thread about how many of us have reported the problem and actually have this issue...they stated they don't see any cases or information regarding this issue/problem...but I could of course select a different system if needs be.

How is that for a slap in the face from ASUS?!

So, anyone know if this is actually 100% absolutely and positively an actual hardware issue and/or bad and needs to be fixed or is this just a issue where when the system boots from bios to windows and the drivers start asserting themselves sort of thing at that moment?

Is there some configuration or setting adjustment or fix for this possibly...other than installing the firmware mentioned earlier in the thread?

Any information appreciated.

Thanks."

MacLeod PC Specs
    ProcessorOverclocked Intel Skylake-K Quad Core i7-6820HK Processor (Base Frq: 2.7GHz)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 (8.0GB) GDDR5 (Pascal) w/Optimus™ Technology
    Graphics Card #2VR Ready
    Sound CardRealtek w/ Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar (Dolby® 3D Stereo Enhanced Sound System)
    CPU CoolerHyper Cool Dual Fan Thermal System w/3D Mobile Vapor Chamber Cooling & Dust-Release Fan
    CaseArmor Titanium and Plasma Copper (Dimensions (WxHxD) 16.4" x 1.9" x 12.7") (Weight 9.5 lbs)
    Keyboard Tactile Chiclet Backlit Keyboard with 30-Key Rollover & External Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse Pad ROG
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker System & Altec Lansing Speakers
    Accessory #1 Dual-Band Intel® Wireless-AC 8260 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n 2x2 NGFF w/ Bluetooth 4.2

Replacement Received with the Pink Screen and Parallel Vertical Lines issue!

Yesterday I received a replacement ASUS ROG G752VS-XB72K OC Edition notebook and it once again has the Pink Screen and Parallel Vertical Lines issue!

This does seem to be a very common issue and not yet resolved...especially considering that many people receive replacement after replacement or have sent theirs in for repair to once again be repaired/replaced with yet another screen/system that has the same issue!

ASUS, Please correct this issue and provide a proper fix for us and this issue ASAP.

Thank you.
    Last edited by MacLeod; 03-01-2017 at 04:06 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    Fast Joke (aka fastboot) causes a lot of issues. If you have a problem and try to reboot it just reloads the problem. Its nothing more than hibernate renamed, even uses the same file to dump your ram to, hiberfil.sys Just another fine example for some of this stuff. Blank screen is display drivers not loading correctly (thanks to fast joke). The Pink screen is pretty much always hardware failure.

I am getting the black screen ( not the pink one though ) when recovering from sleep or hibernate .
    Never after a reboot and yes, I have the fast boot turned off.

So I doubt its the display driver not loading, most likely it is not responding. This seems to be a system wide issue showing up after power state change and also affects the touch pad and in some cases, the RAID controller. I guess it could be the iME.
    Asus , when are you going to fix this and release some bios updates ?!!!!

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

This issue is limited. Most of the time its fast joke loading garbage. If it clears up when you do the hard power down this is 100% the problem. Alternately in very limited cases if its a persistent issue and happens for no apparent reason after the machine is booted its a display issue or cable connection at the MOBO.

MacLeod PC Specs
    Graphics Card #2VR Ready
    Mouse Pad ROG

Regarding Pink Screen and Vertical Lines Issue

Regarding my previous 2 models of the ASUS ROG G752VS-XB72K OC Edition...the Pink screen and Vertical Lines problem was NOT connected to the fast boot.

Also, just to note this as well, a clean install of Windows also had no effect...and after loading new drivers...and BIOS.
    Last edited by MacLeod; 04-17-2017 at 08:58 PM.

ROG Member Array

I have the OC edition. I have not seen any issues with a pink screen or vertical lines. However, once in a while (2 times/own for a month) I get the black screen on awake from sleep. I hit the power button 2 times and then the display is back up. Found this thread to see what is up but obviously there is no definite resolution.
    My main peeve is related to the battery draining while playing CPU/GPU intense games (another thread here). Other than that I love this machine.

Quote Originally Posted by MacLeod View Post
    Regarding my previous 2 models of the ASUS ROG G752VS-XB72K OC Edition...the Pink screen and Vertical Lines problem was NOT connected to the fast boot.

Also, just to note this as well, a clean install of Windows also had no effect...and after loading new drivers...and BIOS.

Back to my latest question however...

I still await an answer regarding the new model ASUS ROG G752VS-XS74K OC Edition and the Pink/Black Screen issues.

"Does the newer model ASUS ROG G752VS-XS74K OC Edition have this issue?

I am wondering if the newer model ASUS ROG G752VS-XS74K OC Edition has the same issue of the pink screen and vertical lines AND/OR black screen issue?

Anyone able to confirm or deny this with this model?

Thanks."

ROG Enthusiast Array

i have a g751JT
    First the Black screen issue.. i had this issue since i first bought this unit, i just turn off the Fast boot option.. but sometimes it still happens(1 out of 50 boot-ups) i just press the power again the it will show the login screen (like its just in SLEEP mode)..

Second the pink screen with vertical lines issue, i only see this whenever i play games(MGSV Phantom Pain), when screen flicks from desktop to Game full screen. never experience it during boot ups

MacLeod PC Specs
    Graphics Card #2VR Ready
    Mouse Pad ROG

G752VS-XB72K VS. G752VS-XS74K VS. G752VS-XB78K and the Screen Issues/Problems

Originally, I purchased a ASUS ROG G752VS-XB72K OC Edition that had the Pink Screen and Parallel Vertical Lines issue.

After trying two different laptops of this same model...and due to both of them having the same issue...I decided to replace it with a G752VS-XS74K.

I was unable to confirm if the issue is present for that model once Windows is fully installed because I decided too return the G752VS-XS74K due to its EXCESSIVE display/screen bleed with its 120 Hz display (common to this model apparently) before completing the Windows setup process.

I have now opted at ordering a ASUS ROG G752VS-XB78K OC Edition.
    I will report if the model I receive has this issue or not...ASAP.

However, I am fairly positive it will have the same screen issue as the G752VS-XB72K due to it being only one step up in models from its predecessor.

Most likely, I and/or we will have to accept this issue for now and hope ASUS will find and submit a proper fix for this issue!

NOTE: Too those wondering why I chose to go backwards in models from the G752VS-XS74K...the screen bleed was just horrible...horrible...horrible!!! Also, the specs of the ASUS ROG G752VS-XB78K OC Edition were just outstanding...with more system memory, and storage...and based from numerous reviews from many various sources...this model is simply more stable and performs superbly! It also has more support available...meaning it has more available resources such as BIOS versions, and drivers...etc...as well as more supportive videos and the like...whereas the G752VS-XS74K does not have much in the way of reviews or support as of yet anyways.

OH! It was also much cheaper in price when compared to both models...especially when compared to the regular $2,999 price tag of the G752VS-XB78K model.
    Last edited by MacLeod; 04-10-2017 at 06:06 AM.

MacLeod PC Specs
    Graphics Card #2VR Ready
    Mouse Pad ROG

Anyone able to confirm the Pink Screen and Parallel Vertical Lines issue with the ASUS ROG G752VS-XB78K OC Edition and/or the biggest concern/problem with the model?
    There Can Be Only One!

MacLeod PC Specs
    Graphics Card #2VR Ready
    Mouse Pad ROG

Update: I can confirm the Pink Screen and Parallel Vertical Lines issue with the ASUS ROG G752VS-XB78K OC Edition model/unit I received.
    There Can Be Only One!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast