Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Immortal Array MacLeod PC Specs
    MacLeod PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG G752VS-XB78K OC Edition
    MotherboardIntel® Mobile CM236 Express Chipset
    ProcessorOverclocked Intel Skylake-K Quad Core i7-6820HK Processor (Base Frq: 2.7GHz)
    Memory (part number)64GB Overclocked DDR4 2400MHz DRAM (4x16GB)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 (8.0GB) GDDR5 (Pascal) w/Optimus™ Technology
    Graphics Card #2VR Ready
    Graphics Card #31.2MP HD Camera
    Graphics Card #4External Monitor = ASUS VH242H
    Sound CardRealtek w/ Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar (Dolby® 3D Stereo Enhanced Sound System)
    Monitor17.3" FHD (1920*1080) Hardware G-Sync 178° View-Angle & ASUS VH242H
    Storage #1512 GB NVMe PCIeG3x4 SSD (4x speed of Sata SSD) + 1TB (7200 RPM)
    Storage #22TB WD My Passport Ultra
    CPU CoolerHyper Cool Dual Fan Thermal System w/3D Mobile Vapor Chamber Cooling & Dust-Release Fan
    CaseArmor Titanium and Plasma Copper (Dimensions (WxHxD) 16.4" x 1.9" x 12.7") (Weight 9.5 lbs)
    Power Supply8 Cells - Smart Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (64WHrs) 230W AC Adapter
    Keyboard Tactile Chiclet Backlit Keyboard with 30-Key Rollover & External Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse Corsair Gaming M65 PRO RGB FPS Gaming Mouse
    Headset Asus Orion Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad ROG
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker System & Altec Lansing Speakers
    OS Genuine Windows® 10 Professional 64bit
    Network RouterARRIS TOUCHSTONE DOCSIS 3.0 DG1670A
    Accessory #1 Dual-Band Intel® Wireless-AC 8260 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n 2x2 NGFF w/ Bluetooth 4.2
    Accessory #2 DL DVD±RW/CD-RW 8x Super Multi Combo Drive
    Accessory #3 ASUS Republic of Gamers Nomad Backpack

Image of the Pink Screen and Parallel Vertical Lines

I wanted to share this Image of the Pink Screen and Parallel Vertical Lines because I didn't see any posted previously.
    I have a video as well...if anyone would like me to share. Just let me know.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos 20170217_180945.jpg  

There Can Be Only One!

Immortal Array MacLeod PC Specs
    MacLeod PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)ASUS ROG G752VS-XB78K OC Edition
    MotherboardIntel® Mobile CM236 Express Chipset
    ProcessorOverclocked Intel Skylake-K Quad Core i7-6820HK Processor (Base Frq: 2.7GHz)
    Memory (part number)64GB Overclocked DDR4 2400MHz DRAM (4x16GB)
    Graphics Card #1NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 (8.0GB) GDDR5 (Pascal) w/Optimus™ Technology
    Graphics Card #2VR Ready
    Graphics Card #31.2MP HD Camera
    Graphics Card #4External Monitor = ASUS VH242H
    Sound CardRealtek w/ Sonic Studio and Sonic Radar (Dolby® 3D Stereo Enhanced Sound System)
    Monitor17.3" FHD (1920*1080) Hardware G-Sync 178° View-Angle & ASUS VH242H
    Storage #1512 GB NVMe PCIeG3x4 SSD (4x speed of Sata SSD) + 1TB (7200 RPM)
    Storage #22TB WD My Passport Ultra
    CPU CoolerHyper Cool Dual Fan Thermal System w/3D Mobile Vapor Chamber Cooling & Dust-Release Fan
    CaseArmor Titanium and Plasma Copper (Dimensions (WxHxD) 16.4" x 1.9" x 12.7") (Weight 9.5 lbs)
    Power Supply8 Cells - Smart Lithium-Ion Battery Pack (64WHrs) 230W AC Adapter
    Keyboard Tactile Chiclet Backlit Keyboard with 30-Key Rollover & External Logitech G19 Gaming Keyboard
    Mouse Corsair Gaming M65 PRO RGB FPS Gaming Mouse
    Headset Asus Orion Gaming Headset
    Mouse Pad ROG
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z-5500 THX-Certified 5.1 Digital Surround Sound Speaker System & Altec Lansing Speakers
    OS Genuine Windows® 10 Professional 64bit
    Network RouterARRIS TOUCHSTONE DOCSIS 3.0 DG1670A
    Accessory #1 Dual-Band Intel® Wireless-AC 8260 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n 2x2 NGFF w/ Bluetooth 4.2
    Accessory #2 DL DVD±RW/CD-RW 8x Super Multi Combo Drive
    Accessory #3 ASUS Republic of Gamers Nomad Backpack

Video of the Pink Screen and Parallel Vertical Lines

Last edited by MacLeod; 04-18-2017 at 05:12 AM.
    There Can Be Only One!

BISUKOL Array

i have the same issue with my G752VY, at cold start after theROG logo a full-screen vertical stripes will appear after 2-3 secs it will turn black and it will stop there, I press the on button till it shuts down and switch it back on and its working. only now that i have experience this problem, been using the laptop for almost a year. is this a software or hardware problem?

New ROGer Array

I also had the problem with the pink lines and BSOD after a cold start on my G751JY. I can confirm it has something to do with the NVIDIA drivers. I suppose most of you will have updated to Win 10 Creators Update. For most the problems started with that cause the then current NVIDIA driver prevented some of us from updating. After reverting to version 378.92 it should work. The following version was the faulty one. NVIDIA released a hotfixed version that solved the problem. But with version 381.92 the pink lines and BSOD returned as long as you have fastboot active. It is no hardware issue but a driver issue.

The latest driver (382.05) released a few days ago solved it for me with fastboot active again. I deleted the old driver with DDU (http://www.wagnardsoft.com/) and downloaded and installed the newest driver version from the NVIDIA homepage.

Hope that helps some of you too.

ROG Member Array

Exclamation Solution worked for me

First let me explain you what was actually happening:

So as the thread said after powering on the laptop you see ASUS logo and at same moment the screen turn to black OR it shows vertical lines OR shows some graphical glitch and may or may not turn off you keyboard backlits.

Then you are exactly the victim of the problem which I faced after updating windows OR BIOS OR any stupid driver updates OR any App.

Solution:

1. I tried my best to ruin PC by directly holding power button for 10 sec and Zzuup.... OFF!* ---MANY TIMES in Anger!!!
    (Later I found out whenever I did this mostly times my PC starts normally)
    It means windows is not saving any settings because I'm not giving windows the time to shutdown normally.
    So when I shutdown the PC like normal humans do from start menu.... the problem of lines and glitches appears again on bootup/ startup screen!
    (You're right it registry or services)

2. I Uninstall my Nvidia drivers including all things comes along with the driver's pack.(Still problem occurs )

3. I Changed ASUS splendid to NORMAL. (Still problem occurs )

4. I noticed what apps I'm using before PC shutdown. I finally found out that only 1.... Which was Mozilla Firefox. (YEA! doesn't make sense, well... it does !)
    [If you are not a Mozilla Firefox users still...... read below!]

5. I changed some settings example: Firefox>>MENU>>OPTIONS>>ADVANCED>>Use hardware acceleration when available (Uncheck this).

6. Now my PC starts perfectly even more faster than ever!

YES here it is!
    Its Intel® Hardware Accelerated Execution Manager (If its not installed on your PC, still some drivers do come along with windows updates).
    All you and ASUS have to do is to fix / remove this program !!!!OR OR OR!!!! find the apps using this and disable them!

If these steps solves your problem, Do LIKE or +REP me.

If it doesn't solves your problem then ASUS must have to fix this registry/services problem because HAXM is the only thing which is not compatible with ASUS ROGs.

See you around...
    God Speed!

ROG Member Array

My experience

I use my G752VS in hybernate mode often.
    if I turn on the laptop without the power cord and I insert it while charging the system, it is likely that present a black screen.
    For me the solution is to not connect the power cord before the login window or connect it before turning on the laptop.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6