cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VS Black and Pink Screen on startup

Fuauwkchcjw
Level 7
Hi everyone;

I received my G752VS laptop few days ago but I realized that it has some issues.
First one is black screen on startup. After ROG loading screen, black screen comes up oftenly and not goes, Windows10 does not open. I press power button of laptop to close it then open again and it is opening witout black screen issue.

Second one is pink screen on startup again. This problems occurs in everytime while opening. After ROG loading screen, a pink screen comes up that last less than 1 second with 2 vertical lines and goes then Windows10 normally opens. I also saw this same pink screen issue in some reputed review channels.

I think this two issues related to each other in someway.

If you guys have same problem and solved, could you explain how it is ?
58 REPLIES 58

Armesis
Level 10
I had EXACTLY the same problem as yours. My 5 month old g752vy would often start with a black screen, i would have to put it so sleep or restart it to get it going again. After a while the screen became red/pinkish. I sent it to the asus repair center and they replaced the screen and keyboard as well as it was loose.

Mind you the laptop was only about 5 months old, treated very well and almost never moved. This is the worst laptop/pc ive ever owned/built since the 1990s.
One last thing - After your screen is changed, the g-sync feature may not be recognized by the gpu, as indicated on the nvidia control panel. Solve this by resetting BIOS settings to factory default. No one, even Nvidia knows why this solution works.

Long story short. Its a hardware fault, send it to an official asus repair center for warranty claim. Just be sure to remove any personal data and stored passwords on your web browsers/programs before you do. And as always, thank you for purchasing ASUS!

I also noticed that on the start up on my 3 week old G752VS, it lasts 1 second of pink background and 2 vertical lines. I thought it was nothing only but the start up. Maybe someone might look into it?

I have sent it to Asus's official repair center two times.

In first time, they did hardware test but they reported me that thy have not found any issue related to hardware and they did recovery. When I try to open it again that problem still exist (Best technical service ever I've seen :mad:). Then I decided to send it to service again with a much more detailed information about these issue. Then technical services did a replacement in warranty. I took my new G752VS and tried to open and BOOM! same issues. So, I started o think that all of these G752VS laptops have same issue no matter what Asus says.

Fuauwkchcjw wrote:
I have sent it to Asus's official repair center two times.

In first time, they did hardware test but they reported me that thy have not found any issue related to hardware and they did recovery. When I try to open it again that problem still exist (Best technical service ever I've seen :mad:). Then I decided to send it to service again with a much more detailed information about these issue. Then technical services did a replacement in warranty. I took my new G752VS and tried to open and BOOM! same issues. So, I started o think that all of these G752VS laptops have same issue no matter what Asus says.

Wow thats bad. Did they replace the screen, or just the DP wire? You'd better call them and find out. Maybe they changed one of them but the other was still bad.

Also yes, these laptops are of very low quality. They are cheaper than MSI or Alienware though, thats the only reason i bought asus. I will not make that mistake again.

Armesis wrote:
Wow thats bad. Did they replace the screen, or just the DP wire? You'd better call them and find out. Maybe they changed one of them but the other was still bad.

Also yes, these laptops are of very low quality. They are cheaper than MSI or Alienware though, thats the only reason i bought asus. I will not make that mistake again.

They replaced with new G752VS laptop. But, as I said, I see same issues on this new one. I totaly regret this... I'll think again if I buy a gaming laptop in future.

Fuauwkchcjw wrote:
They replaced with new G752VS laptop. But, as I said, I see same issues on this new one. I totaly regret this... I'll think again if I buy a gaming laptop in future.

Oh my god... I didnt realize it was THAT bad, i thought i had seen the worst lol. ASUS products are getting more famous everyday.

Hello , i had this problem on asus g751jt and now i bought g752vm 2 months ago and i have a same problem that sometimes when i turning on laptop i just get that black screen.

Geryy3 wrote:
Hello , i had this problem on asus g751jt and now i bought g752vm 2 months ago and i have a same problem that sometimes when i turning on laptop i just get that black screen.

Yes that is very common. After you start it and when it just shows a black screen. Give it a few moments to stablize in windows, then press the power button to put it to sleep. Wait a few moments, then press the start button to wake it again. This should activate the screen.

Understand that this is a hardware fault, and eventually the screen will start to fail, as described above. The only way to fix it is with a screen/dp cable replacement. asus will do it under warranty. Just be sure to remove and personal data and saved passwords in your web browsers/programs before you send it in.

Yes i did it like this .. just wait and turn off and on , but are you sure i could claim warranty in this case?