cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752vs High temps and fan after rma?

evol69
Level 7
Hello! After 4 weeks of use my g752vs (gtx 1070, 6820hk) died and I just got it back from service. They changed motherboard, dc-unit and keyboard. Mostly it´s working fine (touchpad issue remains) but I started noticing the fan noise, don´t remember it being so loud so started doing some tests. Found GPU temps to be ok, 70-75°c during gameplay and gpu fan 2500-3200 rpm (tried different games, Overwatch, titanfall2, dark souls 3 etc) . Cpu make me a little worried, often over 90°c and as high as 98°c with fan speed 3600-4100 rpm. Even when cpu load is
50-60% temps and fans are really high (85°c, 3600rpm). All tests done in standard, no overclocking and measured with afterburner and cpu-z. Would really appreciate if you could share your experience, thoughts and results if you have the same computer. And sorry if language is bad, not my first language. Thanks:)

Forgot to say that gsync was enabled during gameplay so no more than 75 fps or full load.
3 REPLIES 3

miguel_pereira
Level 7

JustinThyme
Level 13
If it came back with high temps it most likely due to a slop job on the heatsink assembly. You should not have to work around that. I would send it right back again until they get it right.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein