cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G750JW screen and keyboard sleeping after 60 seconds [solved]

Bdtry
Level 7
Ok, I just installed a new SSD with a fresh windows 10 install and for some reason only the fn+F9 buttons (touchpad on/off) weren't working. All the others were.

Google said to update the ATK package. I got the one from the Asus support site and now my keyboard and screen are going into sleep mode after 60 seconds no matter what power plan or settings I change. The keyboard always goes out but the screen will stay on sometimes and go out others. The keyboard backlight turns off and the screen turns on the screensaver. This is getting REALLY old really fast, especially when I am trying to watch a video.

Is there any way to fix this? The older version is no longer available from the Asus website.

Alright, managed to get the keyboard figured thanks to a post for a different model but the screen still goes off after a minute.

Fix for keyboard: in registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\ASUS\ATK Package\

click on the ATK Package folder

search right for
TurnOffKeybdLight

doubleklick
change Base from hex to dec
and left can put the seconds for staying light (12000 ~ 3,3 Hours, or 31536000 for ~ 1 year)

RESTART WIN
1 REPLY 1

Bdtry
Level 7
Aaaaaand I'm an idiot... 😮 The deeper screensaver settings were set to 1 minute. I only found them after going to customize the screensaver.

Settings
Lock Screen (scroll to the bottom)
screen saver settings
Wait X minutes where X is how long you want to idle before going to screensaver.

Could a mod tag this [Solved] in the thread title please?