Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Black Belt Array

On the nVidia installer's dialog page where you choose which components you want, there's a checkbox for the clean install:

Personally, I think updating the BIOS is a good idea, but I think you should use ONLY the EasyFlash method, not WinFlash. It's a very simple procedure with EasyFlash, and very reliable if you follow the instructions exactly. But it's not absolutely necessary unless you are experiencing issues that call for an update, and if you're really uncomfortable doing it, you probably shouldn't.

By the way, I not only wouldn't use Asus Live Update, but I would uninstall it. It's instrusive, glitchy software.

ROG Guru: Gold Belt Array dstrakele's Avatar

Do you observe a better quality picture when you play the DVD(s) on another system or DVD player? Just want to eliminate the possibility that the poor image results from the quality of the media. DVD quality is going to appear pretty bad (even on an HD display) if you've been watching HD for a while.
    Last edited by dstrakele; 01-04-2012 at 08:02 PM.
    G74SX-A1 - stock hardware - BIOS 202 - 2nd Monitor VISIO VF551XVT

ROG Member Array

I performed a clean installation of the graphic driver but nothing changed.

Are you sure I can uninstall Asus Live Update safely? Because I tried to uninstall several programs (all the game demos, nuance pdf reader) and it resulted in systematic crash of windows explorer, and I had to restore the system.

It's not from the media, I'm pretty sure. I tried with different DVDs, a bluray, different divx and it's always poor quality. And my G74 is my only HD platform, so it's not from HD habit ^^

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by MadDridder View Post
    Are you sure I can uninstall Asus Live Update safely? Because I tried to uninstall several programs (all the game demos, nuance pdf reader) and it resulted in systematic crash of windows explorer, and I had to restore the system.
    Yes, absolutely. Go into Control Manager and uninstall it. (It was probably something related to Asus Web Storage that caused the WinExplorer issue.) If you decide you really want to be rid of all those programs, a clean install of Windows is the single best way to stabilize your system.

It's not from the media, I'm pretty sure. I tried with different DVDs, a bluray, different divx and it's always poor quality. And my G74 is my only HD platform, so it's not from HD habit ^^[/QUOTE]

ROG Guru: White Belt Array WhirledNews's Avatar

You really can't say it enough, do a clean install of Windows.
    G74SX
    -Intel X25-M 80 GB Mainstream SATA II SSD
    -Intel Centrino Ultimate-N 6300

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2