cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752vs-xb72k Average temp?

Lincoln656
Level 7
Ok what is the Average temperature of this unit while doing a long gaming/extreme graphics game?

What should I expect once I have it?

I heard others having throttle issue and keyboard issue?

What else?
7 REPLIES 7

MDFMac
Level 9
if you get the update for gaming center you should be fine. its called turbo gear updater there is a thread about it. here is link to thread https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88932-Asus-G752VS-Turbo-gear-update-for-Overheat-Issue

So after the update everything goes smooth?
No issue at all at pro long games?

IM about to order it tomorrow and I wish everything goes smooth 🙂
I will order it from Amazon from ExcaliberPC, So far that merchant seems to be trusty one base on the reviews.

no problems so far with many hours of gaming. hits 80 on BF1 some times. has not throttled once since I put the update in.

Thanks for the great info 🙂

But anyway did you remove your Asus gaming center? and the bios settings did you undervolt it? or by just doing "Turbo gear update" you dont need to mess up with them? And also did you experience a non responsive Keyboard just liek others? or just the throttle issue?

Sorry for too many questions 🙂 Im upgrading from G750JM to this!
True my G750JM still working good at 2 years and the ony problem i have with my JM is the Nvidia driver update that cause BSOD. But aside from that from Day 1 no problem at all!

Thanks again

the turbo update works

Lincoln656 wrote:
Thanks for the great info 🙂

But anyway did you remove your Asus gaming center? and the bios settings did you undervolt it? or by just doing "Turbo gear update" you dont need to mess up with them? And also did you experience a non responsive Keyboard just liek others? or just the throttle issue?

Sorry for too many questions 🙂 Im upgrading from G750JM to this!
True my G750JM still working good at 2 years and the ony problem i have with my JM is the Nvidia driver update that cause BSOD. But aside from that from Day 1 no problem at all!

Thanks again

I just use the ThrottleStop 8.3 and everything runs great. To use the Bios to undervolt is an option, but requires more knowledge and work. I guess that the turbo gear update could work, you can try it by youself, and if it doesnt just use throttlestop. I'm in the team of "if it runs great, don't mess with it", so I'll stick to my current settings. 😉

The_Cool_Dude
Level 10
Hi there.

I have the G752VS-XB72K OC edition. I've since done a clean install of Windows 10 and removed the Asus ROG Gaming Center V1.0.12. I am using ThrottleStop 8.30 and undervolted. I haven't tinkered too much but I've got it running pretty nice.

Running the Unigine Valley Benchmark free version on Ultra Quality, Direct X 11, and Anti-Aliasing off. here are my results:

Max Temperature recorded: 79c
Avg FPS: 128.4
Score: 5374
Max FPS: 198.9

The max temperature ThrottleStop has ever recorded is 85c even while gaming with Doom 2016 and Far Cry 4 at Ultra Settings.

I have not tried the Turbo Gear Updater V1.0.3 with the Asus ROG Gaming Center V1.0.12 yet. Last time I had the Asus ROG Gaming Center V1.0.12 installed was before the Turbo Gear Updater V1.0.3 came out and my system was recording temperatures around 90c and was always throttleing itself and my Unigine Valley benchmark results were very different with the same settings.

AGV FPS: 102.9
Score: 4307
Max FPS: 160.4

If you or anyone else has the Turbo Gear Updater V1.0.3 with the Asus ROG Gaming Center V1.0.12 installed, i'd really like to see what your Unigine Valley Benchmark results are.