cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG Strix Magnus - USB Microphone

Dragomil
Level 7
So at Dreamhack Winter 2016 in Jönköping, Sweden, they had this homeboy in the booth. First thoughts? I got to use one of the few for 24 hours at my setup on site and I can say for a super early version of this, the sound is really, really good! Surprised me alot, actually! Good job Asus ROG! Now... Work on the design 😉

Front side

Back side

More pictures

I'm going to be straight forward - I don't like the design. If possible, make it look more like a microphone. Right now it looks like numerous things 😄 I do like that you guys took the risk of taking another way than the usual mic's, though.

-Cut the 'robot/transformer' look.
-Get the new colorscheme in there! black, grey and 'gold'?
-The Asus Aura RGB is really cool on this microphone. Sorry for not snapping any photos of it being plugged in. It did look very cool! Get a thin, red, RGB line which surrounds the noise filter in the top?
-Implement the mayan art in there. Everybody loves it. I'm sure I speak for a large portion of your fans when I say this.

Just my design ideas. I do love your stuff and I want to share my thoughts, maybe you can build further on any of them 🙂 I really like you're diving into the microphone market, though! Big thumbs up!

VOD video from the testing can be linked on demand. It's from my livestream.

Good initiative, Asus ROG!

All the best,
Dragomil
ASUS Nordic Merchandiser & Consultant
Gothenburg, SWEDEN
4 REPLIES 4

Sh3pathome
Level 7
Looks like it'll be the first RGB microphone on the market 😄

I agree it could use a bit of work on the design but definitely something I want to get.

Correct! It will be the first RGB microphone on the market! Dependig on if they decide to release it or not. I'd use one of these for sure back home, just hoping the design will get s big update 🙂 that would make me extremely pleased.*
Gothenburg, SWEDEN

Bahz
Level 12
Thanks for the great feedback! I'll be sure to pass it along to the audio team

Bahz wrote:
Thanks for the great feedback! I'll be sure to pass it along to the audio team

Thanks so much man! 🙂
Gothenburg, SWEDEN