Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  1. #11
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by binary100100 View Post
    I managed to get Spatha to work but only wired. I had to uninstall Armoury and Aura, reboot, install only Aura and then it appeared. But you're right. I purchased this mouse (with a lot of money as this is one of the most expensive mouses out there) so I'd expect EVERYTHING to work as advertised. An Aura sync capable wireless mouse. But Asus had to go and add a stupid "*" and make us choose. Aura with wired or wireless without. That's not what I expected. That's not what I paid for. It's really stupid. Obviously Asus knows that we want Aura to work wireless. If Armoury works wireless... why the heck can't Aura?




    But Armoury gives us the ability to use all of these nifty shortcuts and DPI settings... please excuse my ignorance but how can you set those up with AURA?
    If we want Aura, we become very limited with functionality. That's not what we shelled out hundreds of dollars for!
    I don't understand why Asus doesn't seem to care about what the demand is. Customers (us) demand functionality with Aura. Asus (you, I assume) say... "Nope. It's possible... but you'd have to charge your mouse a little bit more if we did that." I spent over a hundred dollars for a flashy wired mouse with no DPI settings and a bunch of shortcut buttons that I can't program. But I guess Asus never thought of any of that?
    Sorry, but I'm pretty damn frustrated at all of this.
    Can you send me the source code so that I can fix it for all of us? Please?
    The main reason why the mouse can't sync in wireless mode is because it would use up too much battery and you would need to constantly connect the mouse anyways to charge and of course there are some other technical issues which reduces performance so therefore they opted not to do this. If it was possible to offer this and it made sense then we would have definitely offered this option.

    Regarding the DPI settings and shortcut button issues, please clarify the issues in more details so I can follow up on it with our peripheral team. We're constantly trying to improve all features for all peripheral products and we're constantly working on the software/drivers/firmware.

  2. #12
    ex-ASUS Employee Array Eleiyas PC Specs
    Eleiyas PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS 970 PRO GAMING/AURA
    ProcessorAMD FX 8370
    Memory (part number)Corsair 8GB XMS3 PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3
    Graphics Card #1XFX AMD Radeon HD 6950 - 2G
    MonitorLG Flatron E2240T 21.5'' 1080p Monitor
    Storage #1Samsung 1TB 7200RPM 32MB
    Storage #2Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM 64MB 6GB/s
    CPU CoolerAMD Wraith Cooler
    CaseNZXT Lexa S
    Power SupplyCorsair CX600 600W (Bronze)
    Keyboard Logitech Wireless AZERTY
    Mouse Microsoft Wireless
    Headset Evil Witchcraft II Gaming Headset (Black/Red)
    Mouse Pad Wild Wolf Hunter
    Headset/Speakers 4Gamers 2.1 Sound-System
    OS Windows 10 Professional - Creator's
    Network RouterZiggo

    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Reputation
    25
    Posts
    378

    Quote Originally Posted by binary100100 View Post
    Why can't there just be a universal software to control everything?
    That way there wouldn't be any conflict. Maybe call it, "Asus Control Panel" or something?
    Fan control, overclock, peripheral control, updates, RGB control, etc. It's a pain in the butt to jump to four or five different Asus programs for different purposes.
    (Armory to setup keyboard/mouse buttons, sync for led, MyLogo, MB Updater, EZ Flash, AI Suite, Clone Drive, ROG Game First, Ram Cache, Extreme Tuning Utility, etc. ) They are ALL different software! Is that really necessary? It's too confusing and cumbersome to the user and we have evidence that some even conflict with each other. I literally have an entire Asus section in my Metro Tiles start menu.

    I concur that this is a much more ergonomic and user-friendly idea

  3. #13
    ROG Enthusiast Array binary100100 PC Specs
    binary100100 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix z270e
    ProcessorIntel i7-7700k (delidded)
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 3000MHz (PC4 24000)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Hydrocopper
    Graphics Card #2EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Hydrocopper
    MonitorHP w2207H (3)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO Series - 500GB NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD
    Storage #2PNY SSD2SC480G, two WD 1TB WDS100T1B0B in RAID 0
    CPU CoolerPhanteks PH-C350I_BK C350I CPU Water Block
    CaseNZXT Phantom 820
    Power SupplyThermaltake Toughpower DPS G 850W Digital 80+ Platinum
    Keyboard Asus ROG Claymore MX Brown
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Patriot Viper Gaming V370
    OS Windows 10 Pro (64bit) ver 1703

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    28

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    The main reason why the mouse can't sync in wireless mode is because it would use up too much battery and you would need to constantly connect the mouse anyways to charge and of course there are some other technical issues which reduces performance so therefore they opted not to do this. If it was possible to offer this and it made sense then we would have definitely offered this option.

    Regarding the DPI settings and shortcut button issues, please clarify the issues in more details so I can follow up on it with our peripheral team. We're constantly trying to improve all features for all peripheral products and we're constantly working on the software/drivers/firmware.
    "Too much battery" but I charge it every night anyway when I use it wireless? Unless you're talking only a couple of hours then your point is moot. Why does it consume so much battery power to have Aura sync with it when Armoury has it's own LED control that works just fine on wireless mode? I'm confused why there is such a drastic difference. When a change or adjustment occurs in Aura Sync just have it "synchronize" with the settings in Armoury. But unfortunately, I have to uninstall Armoury to have Aura work, right? You have to admit that is pretty damn stupid. But when I uninstall Armoury then how can I have the settings for my Spatha without ARMOURY to set it up??? Please enlighten me on to how I can set up my button shortcuts, dpi settings, led control, etc from AURA. (Rhetorical because we all know that it can't.)
    It makes it useless. I have a very fancy flashy $150 mouse with no settings. OR I have a very techy gaming mouse with no Aura which is not what is advertised. Because of these software conflicts (which are at no fault to the consumer) we have to choose between the advertised features for Spatha.
    Yet Asus advertises this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sync adverstisement.JPG 
Views:	6 
Size:	176.1 KB 
ID:	65394
    "ASUS Aura Sync takes RGB lighting beyond the checkbox, combining and controlling the LEDs of all your Aura-enabled products from a single application to achieve perfect, synchronized harmony. From motherboards and RGB strips to graphics cards and beyond, Aura Sync enables a veritable symphony of light for ultimate personalization."
    It is followed by two "*" but NONE of those indicate that for the Spatha then wired mode must be used and that Armoury conflicts with current installed software. I like to have Armoury, but I have to uninstall it if I want my Spatha to sync with Aura. But that isn't represented in the above picture. So can you honestly tell me that this is accurate? Because from a consumers perspective when it's very misleading. If you want to have the DPI adjustments, button shortcuts, full customization then you MUST have Armoury. But if you have Armoury then you lose Aura sync even if it's connected by USB. That is a conflict at a programmers level and that makes the picture that I captured above FALSE! These issues have nothing to do with the end user. We spend a lot of money on everything and have certain expectations (like pictured above) only to have Asus respond with a bunch of asterisks. I've shown my friends my setup by which they are all impressed but when I show them my wired (wireless) mouse the very first thing they ask is, "Why do you have a wireless mouse that constantly needs to be plugged in and with a bunch of buttons that you can't use?" My answer, "Because Asus software is crap." Sorry... but until the issue is resolved, what answer can I honestly give?

    Quote Originally Posted by Eleiyas@ASUS View Post
    I concur that this is a much more ergonomic and user-friendly idea

    THANK YOU! Oh my God there is someone that listens! LOL! Seriously though. You're wasting so much man power programming, writing code, distributing, keeping it all updated when you can be saving time (and money) by making it easier for yourselves and us by making it all uniform. There would be a lot less conflict and it would be a lot more user friendly. Plus, it would be a lot more appealing to say, "We have one software the offers a plethora of custom settings" than to say "we have a plethora of various software that offer various settings*

    *Software may conflict with eachother. Individual hardware may vary."
    Last edited by binary100100; 06-17-2017 at 02:19 AM.

  4. #14
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Thanks for your feedback, the conflict between AURA and Armoury is being worked on as I speak. Regarding the wired requirement for Spatha to enable AURA sync unfortunately as I mentioned above has its difficulties and right now there are no plans to offer this feature. I understand all the frustration with the software because I'm a person that buys the same stuff as any of you and I expect things to work properly just like any of you. We're going to do what we can to try to expedite the process to fix all the major bugs as soon as possible.

  5. #15
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    I agree that this is a serious issue with this mouse. I just purchased one, and as mentioned it does not sync with Aura unless plugged in. I also agree that I do not see how Aura sync can use enough power over the normal lighting effects for this to not be a feature. Also, I assume that people are like myself and keep the mouse on the charging station when not in use.

  6. #16
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by tlf30 View Post
    I agree that this is a serious issue with this mouse. I just purchased one, and as mentioned it does not sync with Aura unless plugged in. I also agree that I do not see how Aura sync can use enough power over the normal lighting effects for this to not be a feature. Also, I assume that people are like myself and keep the mouse on the charging station when not in use.
    This product was long designed/completed before AURA sync was advertised, during this time there was just AURA but not AURA sync. A product that was designed before AURA sync was certain thing means that we tried to make it possible afterwards through alternative solutions but unfortunately there are technical issues that prevented it from working properly in the cases where we came close to getting it to work properly, it would affect the wireless performance. Battery drain is just another issue and from testing on our end, we determined that the battery drain would be too much for the current design. Currently as I mentioned there are no solutions available to allow this older product to work with AURA sync without it being connected by wire, however our teams are still looking into other possible solutions but for now there are no updates.

  7. #17
    ROG Enthusiast Array binary100100 PC Specs
    binary100100 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix z270e
    ProcessorIntel i7-7700k (delidded)
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 3000MHz (PC4 24000)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Hydrocopper
    Graphics Card #2EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Hydrocopper
    MonitorHP w2207H (3)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO Series - 500GB NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD
    Storage #2PNY SSD2SC480G, two WD 1TB WDS100T1B0B in RAID 0
    CPU CoolerPhanteks PH-C350I_BK C350I CPU Water Block
    CaseNZXT Phantom 820
    Power SupplyThermaltake Toughpower DPS G 850W Digital 80+ Platinum
    Keyboard Asus ROG Claymore MX Brown
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Patriot Viper Gaming V370
    OS Windows 10 Pro (64bit) ver 1703

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    28

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    This product was long designed/completed before AURA sync was advertised, during this time there was just AURA but not AURA sync. A product that was designed before AURA sync was certain thing means that we tried to make it possible afterwards through alternative solutions but unfortunately there are technical issues that prevented it from working properly in the cases where we came close to getting it to work properly, it would affect the wireless performance. Battery drain is just another issue and from testing on our end, we determined that the battery drain would be too much for the current design. Currently as I mentioned there are no solutions available to allow this older product to work with AURA sync without it being connected by wire, however our teams are still looking into other possible solutions but for now there are no updates.
    OH NO! I screwed up! I just spent $250 on the Claymore MX Blue.
    I'm going to have the same issues, aren't I?

  8. #18
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by binary100100 View Post
    OH NO! I screwed up! I just spent $250 on the Claymore MX Blue.
    I'm going to have the same issues, aren't I?
    Claymore is compatible with AURA sync because it was designed and released after the first AURA Sync product. However, you must have compatible AURA Sync ROG/ASUS motherboard or GR8 II desktop in order for AURA Sync to work with other AURA Sync capable products.

  9. #19
    ROG Enthusiast Array binary100100 PC Specs
    binary100100 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix z270e
    ProcessorIntel i7-7700k (delidded)
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 3000MHz (PC4 24000)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Hydrocopper
    Graphics Card #2EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Hydrocopper
    MonitorHP w2207H (3)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO Series - 500GB NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD
    Storage #2PNY SSD2SC480G, two WD 1TB WDS100T1B0B in RAID 0
    CPU CoolerPhanteks PH-C350I_BK C350I CPU Water Block
    CaseNZXT Phantom 820
    Power SupplyThermaltake Toughpower DPS G 850W Digital 80+ Platinum
    Keyboard Asus ROG Claymore MX Brown
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Patriot Viper Gaming V370
    OS Windows 10 Pro (64bit) ver 1703

    Join Date
    May 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    28

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    Claymore is compatible with AURA sync because it was designed and released after the first AURA Sync product. However, you must have compatible AURA Sync ROG/ASUS motherboard or GR8 II desktop in order for AURA Sync to work with other AURA Sync capable products.
    Yeah I have the Strix z270e and found out the hard way that I can't use the Keybot keys. Still... not a bad keyboard. Don't think it was worth the money that I had spent into it. I guess I'll have to upgrade to a better motherboard. Only bad thing is that I use watercooling so it's not exactly convenient to replace.

  10. #20
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by binary100100 View Post
    Yeah I have the Strix z270e and found out the hard way that I can't use the Keybot keys. Still... not a bad keyboard. Don't think it was worth the money that I had spent into it. I guess I'll have to upgrade to a better motherboard. Only bad thing is that I use watercooling so it's not exactly convenient to replace.
    That's unfortunate but at least you will be able to use AURA Sync.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •