cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Aura software not syncing with Spatha

Brighttail
Level 11
Hey there,

So there is new Aura software and new ROG Armory software as well as a new firmware update for the Spatha.

So uninstalled the Aura software and the Armory. Reinstalled the new software for Aura and the Armory.
I updated the firmware for the Spatha both Wireless and Wired.

Sadly I'm not seeing anywhere in either the Aura or the Armory for the motherboard lighting to be in sync with the Spatha.
I have seen a new tab for Stats for the Claymore in the Armory software and in the Aura I'm seeing the ability to control the Aura strips and the Strix GPU, but nothing on the Spatha mouse.

I know the Aura is BETA for the Spatha but I'm not even seeing it in the Aura program. Anyone else able to see the Spatha in the Aura software?

The other issue is when I use the STATIC colour and choose lets say RED, I then click on the triangle in the bottom left corner to get the brightest red I can get. I apply and it takes, but when I go back into the software, the dot is no longer in that spot on the triangle. It moves up the edge towards the top. Even if I click and apply the settings again it will not hold in the bottom left corner of the triangle. Wassup?

Thanks!
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop
28 REPLIES 28

kcmcc
Level 7
Just posting to say I have the same issue. Bought a Spatha very recently, expecting it to sync up with Aura.. Sadly it does not. At least with this latest version of Aura that I have. Using a x99 Strix mobo.

I had a claymore for a second, though returned it due to being defective (bad keys, etc), that synced up just fine with lighting.. So.. why does a brand new keyboard sync up, but the tried and tested Spatha is ignored?

Guess this is a bump/subscription post.
Just installed Spartha for my z270e. No mouse hardware found but works with no issues with Armoury.

Any solutions? The exact same problem here.

Bahz
Level 12
This same question was asked in other threads, the AURA sync for Spatha only works in wired mode and not in wireless mode. If it's not working in wired mode as well, please make sure you have the latest Armoury software with the latest firmware for your mouse and dock.

You can download the latest version at the link below (the latest version is listed for Gladius II but works for Spatha. The new version for Spatha will be released soon):
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Accessory/Mouse/ROG_GladiusII/ROG_Armoury_v10207.zip?_ga=2.55247851...

Bahz wrote:
This same question was asked in other threads, the AURA sync for Spatha only works in wired mode and not in wireless mode. If it's not working in wired mode as well, please make sure you have the latest Armoury software with the latest firmware for your mouse and dock.

You can download the latest version at the link below (the latest version is listed for Gladius II but works for Spatha. The new version for Spatha will be released soon):
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Accessory/Mouse/ROG_GladiusII/ROG_Armoury_v10207.zip?_ga=2.55247851...

Why can't there just be a universal software to control everything?
That way there wouldn't be any conflict. Maybe call it, "Asus Control Panel" or something?
Fan control, overclock, peripheral control, updates, RGB control, etc. It's a pain in the butt to jump to four or five different Asus programs for different purposes.
(Armory to setup keyboard/mouse buttons, sync for led, MyLogo, MB Updater, EZ Flash, AI Suite, Clone Drive, ROG Game First, Ram Cache, Extreme Tuning Utility, etc. ) They are ALL different software! Is that really necessary? It's too confusing and cumbersome to the user and we have evidence that some even conflict with each other. I literally have an entire Asus section in my Metro Tiles start menu.

Something like this?
Allows the lighting effects synchronization between the motherboard and the following devices
- VGA: ROG-POSEIDON-GTX1080TI-P11G-GAMING, ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-11G/o11G-GAMING, ROG STRIX-GTX1080-A8G/8G-GAMING, ROG STRIX-GTX1060-O6G/6G-GAMING, ROG STRIX-GTX1050TI-O4G/4G-GAMING, ROG-STRIX-RX580-O8G/T8G-GAMING, ROG-STRIX-RX570-O4G/4G-GAMING, ROG STRIX-RX480-O8G/8G-GAMING, ROG STRIX-RX470-O8G/o4G-GAMING, ROG STRIX-RX460-O4G-GAMING
- Keyboard: ROG Claymore
- Mice: ROG Spatha, ROG Pugio, ROG Gladius II, Strix Evolve, Strix Impact
- Microphone: ROG Strix Magnus
- Aura Sync compatible Asus ROG partners devices, including Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 DRAM, GSkill Trident Z RGB DRAM
Please refer to https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/Sync.html for full compatibility device list
please update to latest motherboard BIOS available before installing software
please update CPU-Z 1.79.1 to avoid conflict with Aura 1.04.42
for X99 chipset motherboards: to enable DRAM LEDs control, please go to BIOS / Ai Tweaker (or Extreme Tweaker) /DRAM Timing Control / DRAM SPD Write : Enabled
for Windows 7 32-bit & 64-bit, Windows 8.1 64-bit, Windows 10 64-bit.

Look for Aura V1.04.42 download, I found it here.

binary100100 wrote:
Why can't there just be a universal software to control everything?
That way there wouldn't be any conflict. Maybe call it, "Asus Control Panel" or something?
Fan control, overclock, peripheral control, updates, RGB control, etc. It's a pain in the butt to jump to four or five different Asus programs for different purposes.
(Armory to setup keyboard/mouse buttons, sync for led, MyLogo, MB Updater, EZ Flash, AI Suite, Clone Drive, ROG Game First, Ram Cache, Extreme Tuning Utility, etc. ) They are ALL different software! Is that really necessary? It's too confusing and cumbersome to the user and we have evidence that some even conflict with each other. I literally have an entire Asus section in my Metro Tiles start menu.

I concur that this is a much more ergonomic and user-friendly idea

Bahz wrote:
The main reason why the mouse can't sync in wireless mode is because it would use up too much battery and you would need to constantly connect the mouse anyways to charge and of course there are some other technical issues which reduces performance so therefore they opted not to do this. If it was possible to offer this and it made sense then we would have definitely offered this option.

Regarding the DPI settings and shortcut button issues, please clarify the issues in more details so I can follow up on it with our peripheral team. We're constantly trying to improve all features for all peripheral products and we're constantly working on the software/drivers/firmware.

"Too much battery" but I charge it every night anyway when I use it wireless? Unless you're talking only a couple of hours then your point is moot. Why does it consume so much battery power to have Aura sync with it when Armoury has it's own LED control that works just fine on wireless mode? I'm confused why there is such a drastic difference. When a change or adjustment occurs in Aura Sync just have it "synchronize" with the settings in Armoury. But unfortunately, I have to uninstall Armoury to have Aura work, right? You have to admit that is pretty damn stupid. But when I uninstall Armoury then how can I have the settings for my Spatha without ARMOURY to set it up??? Please enlighten me on to how I can set up my button shortcuts, dpi settings, led control, etc from AURA. (Rhetorical because we all know that it can't.)
It makes it useless. I have a very fancy flashy $150 mouse with no settings. OR I have a very techy gaming mouse with no Aura which is not what is advertised. Because of these software conflicts (which are at no fault to the consumer) we have to choose between the advertised features for Spatha.
Yet Asus advertises this:
"ASUS Aura Sync takes RGB lighting beyond the checkbox, combining and controlling the LEDs of all your Aura-enabled products from a single application to achieve perfect, synchronized harmony. From motherboards and RGB strips to graphics cards and beyond, Aura Sync enables a veritable symphony of light for ultimate personalization."
It is followed by two "*" but NONE of those indicate that for the Spatha then wired mode must be used and that Armoury conflicts with current installed software. I like to have Armoury, but I have to uninstall it if I want my Spatha to sync with Aura. But that isn't represented in the above picture. So can you honestly tell me that this is accurate? Because from a consumers perspective when it's very misleading. If you want to have the DPI adjustments, button shortcuts, full customization then you MUST have Armoury. But if you have Armoury then you lose Aura sync even if it's connected by USB. That is a conflict at a programmers level and that makes the picture that I captured above FALSE! These issues have nothing to do with the end user. We spend a lot of money on everything and have certain expectations (like pictured above) only to have Asus respond with a bunch of asterisks. I've shown my friends my setup by which they are all impressed but when I show them my wired (wireless) mouse the very first thing they ask is, "Why do you have a wireless mouse that constantly needs to be plugged in and with a bunch of buttons that you can't use?" My answer, "Because Asus software is crap." Sorry... but until the issue is resolved, what answer can I honestly give?

Eleiyas@ASUS wrote:
I concur that this is a much more ergonomic and user-friendly idea

THANK YOU! Oh my God there is someone that listens! LOL! Seriously though. You're wasting so much man power programming, writing code, distributing, keeping it all updated when you can be saving time (and money) by making it easier for yourselves and us by making it all uniform. There would be a lot less conflict and it would be a lot more user friendly. Plus, it would be a lot more appealing to say, "We have one software the offers a plethora of custom settings" than to say "we have a plethora of various software that offer various settings*

*Software may conflict with eachother. Individual hardware may vary."

Crasje
Level 12
For anyone that has a Spatha - Claymore and new Motherboard. How did you get it all to work?

When I want use Armoury to configure my claybe and use the S5 keyboard functionality (OC with the press of a button), it tells me Armoury can run cause Aura is running. Basically Aura and Armoury are not compatible.

And who does not use the Spatha mouse wirelessly? Thats why you buy it yes? Superfast wireless mouse, less cables, sleek look, cool lights...

As far as I have come, you can't cange/use/steer all your Claymore keyboard functionality, wireless mouse and Motherboard functionality at once.

Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W ATX
Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme
Intel Core i9-12.900k
ROG Ryujin 360
Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum RGB 2x32GB 5600Mhz
Samsung 980 PRO 2TB M.2 SSD (2x)
Seagate Firecuda 1TB
ROG RTX3080-O10G-Gaming
Monitor 1: ROG STRIX XG349C
Monitor 2: Samsung HDTV T27D590
ROG Claymore
ROG Spatha X