cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS HB SLI Bridge...really?

Bravoexo
Level 7

Product Page

Anyone have them? And... are they really that "plain"?
12 REPLIES 12

FuryA
Level 8
Bravoexo wrote:

Product Page

Anyone have them? And... are they really that "plain"?

hi Bravoexo , It is true
This component is for GTX 1080/GTX 1070 HB SLI use

Bahz
Level 12
It's just the default version offered by Nvidia to allow 10 series graphics card to operate in high bandwidth mode. I have no news regarding when the actual ROG design HB SLI bridge will be released but normally with SLI bridge the period of time to design and release is very quick. You can expect this won't be the only option available in the near future, however at this point in time it appears this is the only version we have available.

Menthol
Level 14
FuryA/Bhaz,
I assume this bridge will be supplied with new motherboards going forward is that correct? Absolutely nothing wrong with a bridge like this, I have always used the ASUS hard bridge in my systems but I have also always wanted the custom ASUS bridge, making the LED's RGB and function with AURA software may be difficult, solid RED works for me, or an onboard switch with several colors to chose from but I assume some people will want RGB functionality if possible or not

JustinThyme
Level 13
Im using this one

https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards-Accessory/ROG_Enthusiast_SLI_Bridge/?_ga=1.259033226.12012376...

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Im using this one

https://www.asus.com/us/Graphics-Cards-Accessory/ROG_Enthusiast_SLI_Bridge/?_ga=1.259033226.12012376...

They do look good, those enthusiast LED SLI bridges... but they're not HB.

been planning to hack a HB inside my Enthusiast tbh since asus cant seem to make a HB version and i do want the 4k performance and since the nvidia one has a LED it should not be to rough

i just cant seem to part ways with my 2x strix + enthusiast bridge god they go great together once you get the red right on the cards which is actualy harder then it may seem

//edit for the SLI bridge thing above it does make contact with both however being SLI capable and HB im not so sure its the same since most old 3 way have dual connections

Bravoexo wrote:
They do look good, those enthusiast LED SLI bridges... but they're not HB.

Oh yes they are......

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Only the 3 way is HB! The 2 way is just a single SLI bridge and the 4 way is only dual partially.