cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog swift pg248q turning on by itself?

cyrano84
Level 7
I got a new monitor (ASUS PG248Q G-SYNC) a couple of weeks ago, and I have noticed during the last couple days that it turns back ON after i have switched it OFF by pressing the ON/OFF button and shutting down my PC as well.

The monitor works as intended but the fact that i wake up in the morning and finds it ON bothers me :mad:

Can someone help!
6 REPLIES 6

Bill
Level 7
Hello cyrano84
I'm not sure what could be the cause of this. Do you have an extra PSU that you can test it out?
Otherwise, I would suggest to send it for RMA. The engineers will check the unit for you, thank you

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello cyrano84
I'm not sure what could be the cause of this. Do you have an extra PSU that you can test it out?
Otherwise, I would suggest to send it for RMA. The engineers will check the unit for you, thank you

other than shipping it out right away. Turn it off and wait a few seconds. Then unplug it from the wall and plug it back it. If the monitor turns back to the on position after loss of power that's the default of what the monitor should do. I would then suspect you are having minor power interruptions to the monitor causing the monitor to turn on. That could be either the PSu for the monitor or the outlet itself. power interruption is the only thing I can think of as a cause.
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.

Thank you for replaying. After some research i found out it might be a bad AC Adapter based on the PG278Q thread : https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?55509-PG278Q-turning-back-on-by-itself/

I ordered a new AC Adapter last week, hope it will be here soon!

How do I change that default behavior, specially for power outages?

JustinThyme
Level 13
cyrano84 wrote:
I got a new monitor (ASUS PG248Q G-SYNC) a couple of weeks ago, and I have noticed during the last couple days that it turns back ON after i have switched it OFF by pressing the ON/OFF button and shutting down my PC as well.

The monitor works as intended but the fact that i wake up in the morning and finds it ON bothers me :mad:

Can someone help!

http://the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
http://the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/

Nailed it
I7-4790k OC 4.9 1.375v
MSI Gaming X GTX 1080 OC core:2055Mhz Mem:5504Mhz

If you like what I post, hit that Rep button.
If i'm posting here it's only because I'm at work and have nothing better to do other than solve your problems.