cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Hero Alpha cannot shutdown completely

sunmoonr
Level 7
Hi,

I'm experiencing problems with my PC during shutdown. The fans stay lit and the qcode says A0. I performed a clean install of Windows 10 and I didn't install ai suite3. I have the latest bios. I think it's the psu or the motherboard. Are there any solutions? Should I RMA my motherboard or PSU?

Thanks in advance

My specs:

Maximus 8 Hero Alpha
I7-6700k
16gb corsair dominator platinum dual channel
Gtx 1070
Corsair RM850x PSU
10 REPLIES 10

Nate152
Hi sunmoonr

Does this happen at default settings too?

You may have to give it a little more time or it could possibly be an issue with windows update.

Try this:

Go to windows control panel.
Select Troubleshooting.
Fix problems with windows update.

If that doesn't help, open command prompt and type in sfc /scannow, put a space between c and /. If there are any problems it will attempt to fix them.

Let us know if this helps.

sunmoonr
Level 7
Hi Nate152,

Unfortunately it didn't work. I was wondering if it could be software failures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, i have alhpa, and once i had issue with adobe audition instaleed, and yes, software can cause prevention to put your pc to sleep, and shutdown, afterwards i power of, and get f1 error message overclock failed. This was caused by adobe cloud program. Uninstal - problem gone. Symptoms - when trying to put pc to sleep, it goes sleep and awakes in 1s. Try again - halts windows explorer.
sunmoonr wrote:
Hi Nate152,

Unfortunately it didn't work. I was wondering if it could be software failures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vstar
Level 7
sunmoonr wrote:
Hi,

I'm experiencing problems with my PC during shutdown. The fans stay lit and the qcode says A0. I performed a clean install of Windows 10 and I didn't install ai suite3. I have the latest bios. I think it's the psu or the motherboard. Are there any solutions? Should I RMA my motherboard or PSU?

Thanks in advance

My specs:

Maximus 8 Hero Alpha
I7-6700k
16gb corsair dominator platinum dual channel
Gtx 1070
Corsair RM850x PSU

Same board, same problem.
One solution: disable USB3.1 in Bios.
Try it, and report back please.

I have the same board on my newly built computer. I have noticed the LED lights on the mobo staying on after I shut down. The ROG symbol is the main one.
Is this normal?

Nate152
Hi dgtots

Yes it's normal for the LED's to stay on after shutting down your pc.

Great. I really love my mobo and think it is awesome looking. I have been fortunate with my new build with the only issue being the Asus Tweak Software crashing. Found a fix for that by just uninstalling the AI Suite.

I read people having so many problems with their products so makes me feel very fortunate I have had 0 issues so far.

Nate152
That's great to hear, yeah try to keep the software installs to minimum I myself don't use AI Suite.

The only Asus programs I have installed are GPU tweak II, Aura for gpu and motherboard and Sonic Studio II which installs with the Realtek audio driver.

I did not install the Sonic Studio because a lot of people said the Realtek drivers mess up your sound. I hated that because they really promoted the mobo as having great sound.
Do you have any issues with it?
I use an Astro A40TR headset in pc mode