cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite and EZ Flash

Sverre
Level 9
Rampage V Extreme (fw 3402) with Intel 5960X and Corsair Dominator Platinum CMD16GX4M4B3200C15. The graphics card is an old 690 while I'm waiting for the new ROG Strix 1080GTX OC.

After I reinstalled AI Suite 3 it, 1. Only show 0, on all 3 suggestions for overclocking. No matter which one of them I choose, it uses 3.8GHz. Before the reinstallation it showed up to 4.4GHz, which I ran stable (Aida64 and Intel Extreme Tuning) for hours. 2. It doesn't show in the taskbar, and yes, I chosen the taskbar to show all icons.

Doesn't EZ Flash 3 work on RVE? If so, how do I download it?

EZ Update shows that all programs are up to date.

I was stupid enough to install every damned program I found in the drivers section of RVE, which caused some problems with AI Suite 3, so I reinstalled it. Are there any of those programs I should uninstall? Maybe all of them and then reinstall only AI Suite 3?
[/URL]
4 REPLIES 4

Sverre
Level 9
I'm running Windows 10 64 pro.
[/URL]

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi Sverre 🙂
You can use your rear IO panel to update your Bios without being in windows.
Download the Bios file 3402 to an empty USB stick formatted to Fat32.
Power down your system so there is only power to the MB.
On your rear IO panel you will see a series of USB ports. Insert the USB into the one that is on the bottom below the PS2 port.
Press the flashback button till it begins to flash and once it stops flashing you are done. The flashback button is the one with little race tracks on it.
Also just check prior to flashing that the file on your USB is on its own and should be R5E.CAP.
Refer to page 2-14 in your MB manual if unsure.
DO NOT disconnect power or try to clear CMOS during flashback.

Do not use AISuite for Overclocking if you have issues. OCing should be done in your Bios.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

MeanMachine wrote:
Hi Sverre 🙂
You can use your rear IO panel to update your Bios without being in windows.
Download the Bios file 3402 to an empty USB stick formatted to Fat32.
Power down your system so there is only power to the MB.
On your rear IO panel you will see a series of USB ports. Insert the USB into the one that is on the bottom below the PS2 port.
Press the flashback button till it begins to flash and once it stops flashing you are done. The flashback button is the one with little race tracks on it.
Also just check prior to flashing that the file on your USB is on its own and should be R5E.CAP.
Refer to page 2-14 in your MB manual if unsure.
DO NOT disconnect power or try to clear CMOS during flashback.

Do not use AISuite for Overclocking if you have issues. OCing should be done in your Bios.

I know how to flash BIOS, I was just wondering if EZ Flash 3 can be installed on my PC. *:)
[/URL]

MeanMachine
Level 13
OH Sorry misunderstanding. lol.
I don't think EZflash 3 utility can be installed to replace EZ flash 2 which you have in Bios. They both do the same thing.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]