cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL552VW Flickering/Artifact Issues on Battery Power

Rilkim
Level 7
Hi,

I recently purchased a RoG GL552VW and so far I have been satisfied with it. The setup has an i7-6700 HQ, 8GB DDR5 RAM, GTX960M DDR5 and a 256GB SSD.

There are some issues that are bugging me, though.

Whenever I use it on battery power the games start to flicker and have some weird artifacts.

Some little stars that flicker are present, which I could not capture. The artifacts remain still and are below.

This happens in both Football Manager 2017 and the League of Legends interface (not the actual game itself).

My Nvidia Experience App is up to date, as well as my graphics drivers.

I don't know if the Intel one is up to date, because I can't find any info on it.

Asus Updater is up to date.

I'll attach some screenshots for more info.
4 REPLIES 4

dinoshan
Level 7
My driver info
hd 530 - 21.20.16.4542
gtx 960m - 21.21.13.7633

Hope this helps.

oops... latest drivers ...typo there...

dinoshan wrote:
My driver info
hd 530 - 21.20.16.4542
gtx 960m - 21.21.13.7633

Hope this helps.

oops... latest drivers ...typo there...

Same drivers as me.

From what I read, must be a problem on the assembly of the laptop itself.

CGabry
Level 7
Rilkim wrote:
Hi,

I recently purchased a RoG GL552VW and so far I have been satisfied with it. The setup has an i7-6700 HQ, 8GB DDR5 RAM, GTX960M DDR5 and a 256GB SSD.

There are some issues that are bugging me, though.

Whenever I use it on battery power the games start to flicker and have some weird artifacts.

Some little stars that flicker are present, which I could not capture. The artifacts remain still and are below.

This happens in both Football Manager 2017 and the League of Legends interface (not the actual game itself).

My Nvidia Experience App is up to date, as well as my graphics drivers.

I don't know if the Intel one is up to date, because I can't find any info on it.

Asus Updater is up to date.

I'll attach some screenshots for more info.

Se calhar está na altura de o enviares para a Garantia, o meu vai já segunda-feira com o TouchPad KO...

CGabry wrote:
Se calhar está na altura de o enviares para a Garantia, o meu vai já segunda-feira com o TouchPad KO...

Eu notei isto prai na mesma semana que o comprei, e a informação que encontrei foi que devia ter defeito de fabrico mesmo.

Vou aguentar até ao Verão, que preciso do pc por agora, e depois mando-o pra garantia.