cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service for components has turned into a joke

Strife21
Level 7
Let me say this first. I love Asus products and have been buying them and have tons of them right now.

So had a defect in my motherboard and Asus customer service agents are down right brutal anymore. They know absolutely nothing, they literally were reading out of the instruction manual on the phone. I remember when I called and talked to knowledgeable people that knew about the product in America or at least understood the terms I was using, I guess those days are gone. I know the web rma option is there and that is great, but I honestly was hoping someone who knew about the product might have had a fix that I could talk too.

They refused to elevate me to higher tech or manager the whole time, not that it matters because I think they are all in India reading out of instruction manuals. It wasn't always like this. Sorry just had to vent.
10 REPLIES 10

FonzieBulldog
Level 9
Yes i understand you.Nothing new but still as sad as earlier that different producers of everything from computers to cars, refrigerators, vacuum cleaners and so on just sell there products and then many times dont give a **** about the customer who bought there stuff when it brakes down.Not very nice and maybe a reason to change brand when they probably dont like to loose all to many of these customers.

A friend om mine died some year ago and the Ethernet distributor (Glocalnet) sent a adsl modem to him half a year later.His wife sent it back when she couldnt get it out from the post office with his name.Some month later they sent a new modem, but still in the deceaseds name.Called them myself to help and asked how stupid you could get in this question.Guess what, they sent this modem a third time ... but still in the wrong name.STUPID to the bones is one thing i thought of that day.LOL.

Nate152
Hi Strife21

Please list your pc specs and explain the problem you're having, be detailed as possible.

Thank you

Nate152 wrote:
Hi Strife21

Please list your pc specs and explain the problem you're having, be detailed as possible.

Thank you

Just want to be clear here. I am very experienced with overclocking, building pcs, etc... Before I get responses of did you check obvious things. This issue is in this thread and one other person has had the issue on a similar board. That being said I appreciate any thoughtful insight.

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?89194-On-my-2nd-Maximus-VIII-Hero-that-has-developed-a-alwa...

Corsair 450d chassis
EVGA Super Nova G2 750W 220-G2-0750-XR
Corsair Hydro H100i GTX
Asus Maximus Hero VIII
Intel I5-6600k
Samsung 850 Evo M.2 250GB SATA III
1TB Western Digital Blue
G.Skill DDR4 3000 F4-3000C15D-16GRK
MSI R9 390 Gaming
Windows 10 64bit Home

Everything at stock.

Problem remains even if i set up the computer outside of the chassis over a anti-static bag over foam with a different power supply and absolute minimum devices connected.

And as I mentioned in post with 0 config change new motherboard works fine. I want actual support not people who know nothing about the product or refuse to get me to people who do.

And I know the only company that makes any motherboards anymore that I can actually talk to an American with at least some knowledgeable back ground is EVGA, and they make solid boards only issues their bios/uefi is know where near the quality of the Asus boards, thus the reason I went that route, also lack of usb 3.1. So its pick your poison just frustrating.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Unfortunately ALL companies do this now. You have whats called L1 or level one support that is someone who barely knows how to turn a PC on but has been trained to use a flow chart, not that they understand any of it. Call my company's tech support and you end up speaking with Bob in the Philippines. Bob was hired with no formal training of the equipment but he can answer the phone, has been trained to be courteous and how to use a power point flow chart. You have to go through Bob first and may take quite some time before you get the chance to talk to someone who has actually seen one of the machines. His name is Al. Al has just become a master at the flow chart has actually seen one of the machines but still has no clue of how it works. Now after you've exhausted all you might actually make it to L3 which is a seasoned professional in the US who actually knows the machine and could have solved your problem in 30 seconds if you got to talk to him first. Our customers are fed up with it and will hang up when they detect that Bobs accent is really Roberto. I get more calls for tech support from customer who have my number because they dont want to waste an entire day getting nowhere. Its our number one complaint on the customer satisfaction surveys. They are now starting to migrate all call center functions back to the US. Not knocking Bob or where he lives, he is just trying to make a living like everyone else. They chose Bob because he will work 60 hours a week for $40.

Now moving past that as Nate said post up your specs and problems, maybe we can help you out.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Nate152
So the issue is the HDD led is constantly lit on your mobo and pc case.

Have you opened task manager, select the performance tab and select the discs to see if any might be utilized at 100%?

If alI looks good I might uninstall the IRST driver and see if that has any effect, you really only need that if your running a raid set up.

Strife21
Level 7
As I tried mentioning I am very experienced in this. There is no hard drive activity if using the task manager and the light remains solid, it also remains solid with no drives connected at all. It also remains lit in bios where hard drive activity is no factor when connected. Yes I uninstalled the RST drivers and no difference was found. The new board was installed and the light blinks like normal as soon as the old board is reinstalled the the LED is solid again with both no drives and a drive connected.

2 boards have have developed this problem one was repaired and came back and worked fine I then sold it. No note was given with what was fixed but when I called the Indian tech support and asked them, they told me they updated the firmware to fix it. Not sure if they meant the Uefi/bios cause when I asked as usual they had no clue. However I tried downgrading and updating the uefi via the flash back button and that did not fix the problem before I sent it in for the RMA or also tried this on the mostmost recent board that has the problem and it didn't help. The next is on its way to a RMA. And yes reset cmos, removed battery, etc.....

The brand new board I bought has a serial number signficantly higher then the 2 ones that developed the problem so hopefully this one will finally work without issue. But as I said this is ridiculous that I cant even find out what was actually wrong. Customer Service is horrid. (someone at asus obviously knows the issue cause they fixed it on the first board and sent it back, getting someone who has that knowledge to talk to is impossible with the current customer service system they have in place which is the real problem). Its a joke.

Sorry gotta say a company could have complete dominance is in the motherboard market if they provided quality, knowledgeable tech support with the bios and usual quality of an Asus motherboard. No idea why these companies don't get it.

Strife21 wrote:

Sorry gotta say a company could have complete dominance is in the motherboard market if they provided quality, knowledgeable tech support with the bios and usual quality of an Asus motherboard. No idea why these companies don't get it.

So long as it doesnt impact revenue they dont care. This is not just in the motherboard market.

No one meant to imply you were or were not experienced. Just a friendly maybe we can help. I'm an electronics engineer with more than 30 years in the industry and still learn new things every day. My guess for your particular issue is a PN junction that is conducting when it is not supposed to be. Could be a shorted junction, could be failure to provide reverse bias or just plainly a bad lot of ICs from a particular vendor, it does happen. I cant see where a firmware or BIOS issue could cause this. If I had a board level schematic I could better diagnose it but we all know that's not going to happen.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
So long as it doesnt impact revenue they dont care. This is not just in the motherboard market.

No one meant to imply you were or were not experienced. Just a friendly maybe we can help. I'm an electronics engineer with more than 30 years in the industry and still learn new things every day. My guess for your particular issue is a PN junction that is conducting when it is not supposed to be. Could be a shorted junction, could be failure to provide reverse bias or just plainly a bad lot of ICs from a particular vendor, it does happen. I cant see where a firmware or BIOS issue could cause this. If I had a board level schematic I could better diagnose it but we all know that's not going to happen.

Thanks for this, if they would have said something like this to me I would have been much more satisfied. Even if it was an educated guess. And yes I learn stuff new all the time. I just mean't I have done all the typical, obvious things you could do to try and resolve. Hope I didn't come off rude, was not my intention.

Nate152
Strange problem indeed, I've never experienced this so I don't know what to suggest except clearing the cmos and updating the bios which you've done.

Does samsung magician show any abnormalities?

Some solutions I've come across -

If you have an optical drive try disconnecting it.

Try using system restore to the point just before you installed the IRST driver.

Make sure the boot order is correct.