cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New GPU Issues in ROG G20AJ

serratedwarrior
Level 7
I just bought a VisionTek RX 470, replacing the GTX 745 that was in the pc. My issue is, I just installed it, hooked it up, and plugged the gpu in with an HDMI cable, and no signal. So, I used the default HDMI to see if there was anything I could do from there. I was able to see the screen, and navigated to the windows 10 login. As I was logging in, the pc bluescreened and gave me the error KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILIURE. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

NOTE: I had gotten the KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILIURE error before, usually a restart fixed it, not so much now.

UPDATE: I have checked the 6-pin connector, and re-seated the gpu, now it displays the screen but still has the error, I tried to use safe mode to install drivers, no luck. I tried safe mode with networking and I could not enable to wifi. Without the ability to plug into my router (too far away) I still haven't found a fix.
1 REPLY 1

rog_au
Level 7
Hi,

Please note we don't recommend upgrading the G20 and therefore can only offer limited support in regards to upgraded hardware issues. From what we can tell from your message, you managed to get the GPU working for you however you are getting an error. May we recommend a fresh Windows installation? This will allow you to install fresh new drivers and most likely solve your issue after upgrading.

All the best,

ROG ANZ Marketing