Keyboard Corsair Gaming K95 RGB PLATINUM
    Mouse Corsair Gaming M65 Pro RGB FSP
    Headset Logitech G930
    Mouse Pad Built into the computer table
    Headset/Speakers Logitech z906
    OS Windows 10 pro 64-bit
    Network RouterZyxel P8702N
    Accessory #1 Several HDD’s 1, 2 and 3 TB
    Accessory #2 Aquaero 6xt + a lot of water cooling stuff.
    Accessory #3 UPS BlueWalker PW UPS VI 2200 SH

Quote Originally Posted by xeromist View Post
    Sverre,

My experience has been similar. My first WC build I had my fans push+pull at the front as intake through the rad and my case temps were quite high. It felt unnatural to me to exhaust out the front. However in subsequent builds I always exhaust through the rads and I've not had a problem since. The logic is as such: your rad will effectively cool the loop at any ambient (intake) as long as there is a reasonable temperature delta and the loop isn't heat soaked from the rad being undersized.

To think about it another way, even if your house is 20c in winter and 30c in summer you see a very small difference in system temps. That's because even though lower intake temp is better the rad just needs a temperature delta. So rather than dumping the warm air into your case I would accept the slightly higher intake temp so you can just get the heat out into a room which can absorb and dissipate it much better. You may have a very slightly higher loop temp but it's unlikely to be noticeable and the rest of your components will benefit.

As for push/pull I've seen several people do tests and ultimately find that the temperature difference was negligible. Even if you have higher airflow the rad doesn't dissipate much more heat. The problem is if you have a very restrictive radiator and weak fans the air will heat saturate before it can leave the radiator. As long as that doesn't happen extra air isn't going to matter.

That said, if you want to keep push+pull it's unlikely to hurt anything. The main thing is you need to be exhausting through that rad.
    I removed the cover from the fans on the inside of the radiator, which took me an hour or so and, no, not going to do the job of turning those fans, it will take me too long. I might do it, if I make any bigger changes, but remooving the screws of 9 fans, with minimal space to work in, just isn't something I will do now. *As for now I will consentrate on finding a better solution for the cabling, to try to clean up the cabinet a little. *
    [/URL]

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

My last post here as its evident to the most casual of observers that multiple people with a lot of experience at this have offered the same suggestions and you don't want to try it. because its too much work.

In my professional opinion you have two things going on here.
    First and foremost, you are pushing hot air into your case then questioning why your case temps are high. Thats like lighting a fire, fanning the flames then backing up because its too hot.

Second, you have overdone your system. Too many fans! Push pull does move more air than with a single fan but I guarantee you that if you get the correct high static pressure fans you can still move more than enough air. You don't need 1000 CFMS of air flow. Getting rid of half of your fans will also give you more space to work in. Another thing to take into consideration is just running a fan is a heat load in itself.

I have better temps than you with a two graphics cards and the temps in my case are barely above ambient with 3 140MM fans and 3 120mm fans. Again my configuration is 1x140mm fan for fresh air make up into the case, its controlled by a temp sensor mounted in a dead zone with little to no airflow in my case. 2x140MM fans pushing through a 280mm radiator EK 280 CE in the top and 3x120mm fans pulling through a 360 radiator EK 360 PE in the front. The radiator fans are all controlled by a single submersed temp sensor measuring the liquid temp that is on the discharge side of my pump. I have the fan curve set to flat 25% through 30C then increasing linearly to 100% at 40C. Ive never seen 100% even under heavy load running a stress test. Typical speed is 50% or less when under heavy load and dead silent at 25% while doing simple tasks. Im using high static pressure PWM fans.
    Corsair ML series.

So again, you know for fact your configuration isn't working, yet you don't want to try anything new because you don't want to put forth the work effort.......sounds like a guy a fired last week.

On the bright side, winter is upon us and you can set your case outside the window with no fans running and it will stay plenty cool!

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

In my professional opinion you have two things going on here.
    First and foremost, you are pushing hot air into your case then questioning why your case temps are high. Thats like lighting a fire, fanning the flames then backing up because its too hot.

Second, you have overdone your system. Too many fans! Push pull does move more air than with a single fan but I guarantee you that if you get the correct high static pressure fans you can still move more than enough air. You don't need 1000 CFMS of air flow. Getting rid of half of your fans will also give you more space to work in. Another thing to take into consideration is just running a fan is a heat load in itself.

Precisely, well said!

I'm out of this thread too.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Sverre PC Specs
    Sverre PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus X Formula
    ProcessorIntel Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number)CMD16GX4M4B3200C15
    Graphics Card #1ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti
    Graphics Card #2ROG Poseidon GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti
    Monitor1 x Asus 27" LED FreeSync MG278Q + 2 x Benq XL2420T
    Storage #1C-drive: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB M.2 PCIe SSD
    Storage #2D-drive: Force Series LS 480GB
    CPU CoolerEK-Supremacy MX
    CaseCooler Master Cosmos C700P
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1500i
    Keyboard Corsair Gaming K95 RGB PLATINUM
    Mouse Corsair Gaming M65 Pro RGB FSP
    Headset Logitech G930
    Mouse Pad Built into the computer table
    Headset/Speakers Logitech z906
    OS Windows 10 pro 64-bit
    Network RouterZyxel P8702N
    Accessory #1 Several HDD’s 1, 2 and 3 TB
    Accessory #2 Aquaero 6xt + a lot of water cooling stuff.
    Accessory #3 UPS BlueWalker PW UPS VI 2200 SH

Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    So again, you know for fact your configuration isn't working
    Where do you all get this idea from, that my system isn't working? It's working very well, I'm just trying to get it to work better. At idle the fans are hardly spinning, if at all, and the pumps are running on lowest possible speed. At full trottle (4.4GHz 1.35V), with 100% load it hardly ever reaches 50%. I have run the CPU at 4.6GHz 1.5V, stable, with stress test, and the CPU package just barely hit 100C. What I'm trying to do is to be able to run at near 100% load with less noise, maybe as low as 40dB, right now it's around 46dB, not so much because of mechanic noise from the fans, as the sound of the air. I also have some vibrations from the pumps that I need to remove and I would love to control the fan of my PSU(Corsair AX1200), which is the noisiest, by far. I was thinking of opening it (the guarantee has probably expired), but noone seems to be able to tell me where I should control the temp, and I can't afford a new one right now, in case I brake it.
    [/URL]

TeamROG Moderator Array xeromist PC Specs
    xeromist PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Dell Inspiron 15 7567
    MotherboardMSI x470 Gaming Plus
    ProcessorAMD 2600X
    Memory (part number)16GB Crucial Ballistix Elite 3600
    Graphics Card #1ASUS GTX 1080 Strix
    MonitorBenQ BL3200PT
    Storage #1Intel 600p NVMe
    CPU CoolerWraith
    Casecustom Antec 900
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1000
    Keyboard Logitech Orion Spark
    Mouse Logitech MX500
    Headset Plantronics 777 with Oregon Aero upgrade

Some of the air noise is just going to come from the air passing through the fins. Not a whole lot you can do about that other than lowering your CFM. You might be able to find a balance where you can lower the CFM but your temps don't really increase significantly with a different fan curve. Some fans can move air quieter than others but since you've already invested in a set I wouldn't worry about that and try tweaking the curve first.

Also, just a random tidbit: I know you aren't planning on changing the fan configuration but if you ever do I'd recommend pull since it's easier to clean the dusty side of the radiator than to remove the fans and clean the dust on the push side of a radiator.
    * Support disease research with Folding@Home *

< < < Click the drop-down above my avatar for my PC specs!

Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

Quote Originally Posted by Sverre View Post
    Where do you all get this idea from, that my system isn't working? It's working very well, I'm just trying to get it to work better. At idle the fans are hardly spinning, if at all, and the pumps are running on lowest possible speed. At full trottle (4.4GHz 1.35V), with 100% load it hardly ever reaches 50%. I have run the CPU at 4.6GHz 1.5V, stable, with stress test, and the CPU package just barely hit 100C. What I'm trying to do is to be able to run at near 100% load with less noise, maybe as low as 40dB, right now it's around 46dB, not so much because of mechanic noise from the fans, as the sound of the air. I also have some vibrations from the pumps that I need to remove and I would love to control the fan of my PSU(Corsair AX1200), which is the noisiest, by far. I was thinking of opening it (the guarantee has probably expired), but noone seems to be able to tell me where I should control the temp, and I can't afford a new one right now, in case I brake it.

You are the one complaining of high case temps because you are pushing hot air in and Id crap my drawers if I saw 100C temp on my CPU or anything else for that matter.

Here is mine, EXT T1 is the liquid temp at the discharge side of the pump and EXT T2 is the case temp. CPU Fan is the Corsair ML 140 make up fan, chassis 3&4 are the 140mm Corsair ML140 fans up top and the 3 fans on the EXT controller are the ML 120 fans that are pulling out the front. 280 EK CE up top and 360 EK PE in the front. All fans are run off of EXT T1 which is the liquid temp with the exception of the CPU fan, its controlled by the T2 case temp.

This is on a 6700K OCd to 4.965 GHz and two Strix 1080s OCd to 2.1 Ghz, rest of the specs are well in my specs over there<<<<<<<<<<<

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/16664813

CPU temps are 29 idle and peaks at 60 loaded peak after 1 hour realbench
    GPU are 29 at idle and peak at 46 load.

Ambient is 24C
    Noise level normal 24dB
    Noise level fully loaded when the fans spin up a lttile, 30dB
    Noise levels measured from about 12 inches. My wife watching TV or paying any music videos or games completely masks the sound of the fan and the pump is nearly silent anyhow, mounted isolated in a rubber cradle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	temps.png 
Views:	16 
Size:	6.7 KB 
ID:	61099

Name:	make up and WP.png 
Size:	6.6 KB 
ID:	61100

Name:	rad fans1.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	61101

Name:	fan 3.png 
Size:	4.1 KB 
ID:	61102

My corsair PSU fan never comes on because The other fans pull air through it.

Name:	corsair.png 
Views:	4 
Size:	288.3 KB 
ID:	61103

I must be doing something right.....

So please stop trolling and telling everyone else they have it all wrong when we are all just trying to help you out. Most of us have been down this road and finally gave into the concept that often less is more. My first WC build was loud as all get out, couldnt stand to be in the same room with it so it was in fact in its own room with very long cables for the monitor, keyboard and mouse. Wireless, and USB had not yet been invented. There were no specialty shops, ecomerce did not even exist yet, I was using heater cores out of cars found in the junk yard and my water block was handmade through a lot of trial and error, good thing copper was cheap back then! Old school is gone, new technology is in. Fans, power supplies, water blocks all far more efficient. Heat loads are down as well. My last major build had two dual core AMD FX cpus at 140W each and getting it to 2 GHz was a challenge and it heated the room up so I didnt need to run the heat in the winter. Now my total heat load is right about 500W including the two hottest things being the gpus at 175 watts each. My cooling loop was configured with more than I needed and can dissipate nearly 800W.

If you are retired you have nothing but time and should be now have a custom build including the case made from scratch showing us all up with how you get to under ambient with 1 fan.
    Last edited by JustinThyme; 12-14-2016 at 02:23 PM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sverre View Post

What!!! "just barely hit 100 degrees"! That's almost Tj Max! The CPU will be throttling back, almost about to shut down to avoid damage.

What I'm trying to do is to be able to run at near 100% load with less noise, maybe as low as 40dB, right now it's around 46dB
    What do you expect with... what was it... 28 fans!!! I have 5. Get rid of a truck load of your fans. Nobody needs that many. It's madness.

I would love to control the fan of my PSU(Corsair AX1200), which is the noisiest, by far.
    Again... WHAT!!!! The AX1200 is famous for it's efficiency, it has 90% efficiency at 50% load. ASnd it's VERY quiet...

Incredible Efficiency
    With 90% efficiency at 50% load, the Corsair Professional Series Gold power supply runs quieter, generates minimal excess heat, and saves you money every month. It's earned the 80 Plus® Gold seal of approval, your guarantee that you're making the right choice for smart, efficient power delivery.
    What on Earth are you doing, are you blocking it's intake somehow? The fan RPM is automatic, if it's running so fast it's loud you are doing something daft!

I was thinking of opening it
    Seriously... DON'T DO THAT! Given the weirdness of your set up, and I suspect dubious PC building strategy and bad choices, you could hurt your self very badly.

if you want air and cooling of the pc i have some fans you can buy, bit pricy but worth it, never ever buy delta fans and you know why.
    my pc was just a wisperer when i had it running whit the fans i had.
    they pushed good air on low rpm and close to silent.

3 pins voltage regulated -> https://www.techbay.no/product.html/...category_id=93
    4 pins PWM regulated -> https://www.techbay.no/product.html/...category_id=93

and there are ppl on here that did buy them after i recomended them in their builds and they thanked me for it.

its bether with under preshure almost on a CW pc when it comes to fan settup, not too mutch but close to eaqual out preshure side.

heres my pc, built in 2013.
    and you can see the fans im using, same as i posted but the 3 pins one.
    http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread...l=1#post282195

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4