cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VII Hero (AMDA00 can't install / timeout) fix?

normboy
Level 7
Hi, im sure by now many have this issue of "Unknown Device" which is AMDA00 Interface from z87 to z97 ASUS boards. This issue have not been addressed so im bringing it up to see if anyone has a real solution to this.

*HIGHLIGHT* If left driver unattended or uninstalled will give BSOD VERY often. Confirmed by microsoft https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/4713bfbd-c6e0-4589-ac08-27eb0feb4372/amda0... [Temporary solution: disable unknown device from device manager] -This to ASUS specifically- > "We don't pay to get defective product.... with its full value please give us our full product thats all we're asking thanks:D"

Troubleshoot tested :
- Install from motherboard cd (unknown device turns from yellow exclaimation to under "System device" but driver is not installed) timeout v1.0.0.0,

- Install latest driver from ASUS website (unknown device turns from yellow exclaimation to under "System device" but driver is not installed) timeout v1.0.1.0) still nothing.

- Install from windows directing to folder (unknown device turns from yellow exclaimation to under "System device" but driver is not installed) timeout v1.0.1.0) same thing.

-Tried every method posted from google or from this forum (e.g uninstalling and run atkexcomservice.exe, running setup.exe, running InstaAMDA etc etc)

Last but not least when i contacted ASUS support regarding this problem.... They avoid me by giving unrelevant answers or just instantly shut me out :X

If any geeks/nerds who secretly work with ASUS to get a solution out of this PLEASe post it here thanks!

********************************************************UPDATED*******************************************************************************

SINCE NO ONE no support no helpers no official personal wants to commit time and step it up to figure and solve this problme i had to do it personally

THIS IS THE PROPER and ONLY way to let your unknown device show up as "AMDA00" device for any kind of problem out there.

1. Download Probe Sense VII Driver from ASUS manufacturer page ------> http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/ProbeIISense_Win7-8-81-10_Vv1010.zip

2. Unzip the folder, select x64 or x86 folder (depending on your system) run "Setup" [AS ADMINISTRATOR] let it run the cmd script.....

3. go back to the folder home page run "AsusSetup" [AS ADMINISTRATOR] let it run the cmd script......

4. FInally, when you completed all of the steps browse over to where you install them in this default case (C:\Program Files\ASUS\AMDA\AXSP) OR (C:\ProbeIISense_Win7-8-81-10_Vv1010\x64\Win7\AXSP). Right click and run "axIns" exe installer.

5. Go to (C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AXSP\1.02.00) and Check if it started and triggered a dll "PEbiosinterface32.dll" in that folder... IF YES you are good to go just restart your computer and watch the miracle happen:D

This is the only GUARANTEED way to let "AMDA00" show up in your device manager any other way out there is just a hit or miss
[ Time to flame ASUS boys(: ... Thank me now bye:D ]
20 REPLIES 20

Puffnstuff
Level 10
I had it once on an upgraded version of windows but once I clean installed my OS it went away but I don't remember which one I was running. I started out on 7 ult then moved to 8.1proa n finally to 10 pro al 64 bit. If I remember right I went into device manager and manually removed the device then ran a new hardware scan forcing it to reinstall the drivers.
Asus ROG Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master, AMD 3900X, EVGA 360 aio, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo, Samsung 970 Pro NVME 512gb, WD Black NVME 1 TB, Crucial MX500 2tb, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP!, EVGA Nu Audio, CM HAF 932

FuryA
Level 8
hi normboy
My experience
This circumstances usually happen in Win7, AMDA00 Interface from
The best solution is install Win10 can totally fix this driver issue

FuryA@ASUS wrote:
hi normboy
My experience
This circumstances usually happen in Win7, AMDA00 Interface from
The best solution is install Win10 can totally fix this driver issue

"The best solution is install Win10 can totally fix this driver issue"

Finally! Someone who decides to step up and admit that this board indeed having problems on win7 after 4 years. good job:D So i don't really get what you are trying to say here.... Are you trying to tell all the people who've been believing and support ASUS until now that this board isn't compatible with windows7 (which i assume every board from then up to date) and the only solution is to upgrade to Win10. WOW... I can see how closely Asus "RELATIONs" with Microsoft is right now great!. So actually people have been paying for a Win7 compatible board.... only to find out that it have this defective problem and the only way is to UPGRADE TO WIN10!

Heres a better solution: Spare everyone the time and just state that ASUS boards is only compatible with Win10 that way ... You WIN, Microsoft WIN and every consumer out here who bought asus motherboards WIN because of the fact that.... They know how ASUS works now and it will be their last ever product to end with "ASUS"

*Problem is its not that you guys don't wanna fix.... This is marketing strategy in your line of motherboards product.... And just admit it you don't wanna release this information so that you lose millions or even billions):

And one more thing... People don't really care if they got a bad motherboard which can't even run, at most they can RMA for a new one. What we're looking at here is TRUST and people have been paying full value thinking that they got themselves what they really should get coming from a reputable company or should i say "TOP".. but no, they paid the FULL price to find out that they've been paying for the BRAND and not the quality and dedication to their flagship product. Well what can i really say from this):

Whatever... i bought it and brought it upon myself for choosing ASUS just have to live with it i guess:X

normboy wrote:
"The best solution is install Win10 can totally fix this driver issue"

Finally! Someone who decides to step up and admit that this board indeed having problems on win7 after 4 years. good job:D So i don't really get what you are trying to say here.... Are you trying to tell all the people who've been believing and support ASUS until now that this board isn't compatible with windows7 (which i assume every board from then up to date) and the only solution is to upgrade to Win10. WOW... I can see how closely Asus "RELATIONs" with Microsoft is right now great!. So actually people have been paying for a Win7 compatible board.... only to find out that it have this defective problem and the only way is to UPGRADE TO WIN10!

Heres a better solution: Spare everyone the time and just state that ASUS boards is only compatible with Win10 that way ... You WIN, Microsoft WIN and every consumer out here who bought asus motherboards WIN because of the fact that.... They know how ASUS works now and it will be their last ever product to end with "ASUS"

*Problem is its not that you guys don't wanna fix.... This is marketing strategy in your line of motherboards product.... And just admit it you don't wanna release this information so that you lose millions or even billions):

hi normboy , sorry for misunderstanding 🙂
I mean Win10 is better than Win7 just a suggestion. This (AMDA00) isr elated to Microsoft windows drivers
You can install amd00/ACPI drive via windows update, I've used M7 series board which works fine with win 7,8.1

FuryA@ASUS wrote:
hi normboy , sorry for misunderstanding 🙂
I mean Win10 is better than Win7 just a suggestion. This (AMDA00) isr elated to Microsoft windows drivers
You can install amd00/ACPI drive via windows update, I've used M7 series board which works fine with win 7,8.1

Windows update didnt find any drivers for my AMDA00...Or you can just link me the EXACT latest driver for Maximus VII Hero from "Microsoft Catalog" or give me a link

I THINK FIGURED THE PROBLEM THAT ASUS COULD NOT FOR 4 F...ING YEARS!!

On the manufacturer page Asus gave this "ASUS Probe II Sense Driver V1.0.1.0 for Windows 7/8/8.1/10 32bit & 64bit.(WHQL)" , BUT THE PROBLEM IS this driver is only FOR Windows 8 and above refering to "Microsoft Update Catalog" [https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=amda00] ... Which means this is the real driver for WINDOWS 7 " ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Other hardware - AMDA00 Interface Windows 7 Drivers (Other Hardware) 5/13/2013 14.47.55.692"

Everyone thank me later when ASUS reviewed this driver problem THOUROUGHLY and confirm that v14.47.55.692 is for windows 7 and v1 is for WINDOWS 8 or above.

TO ASUS : Please check your drivers properly and thoroughly before releasing it on the manufacturer webpage.

Save yourself and the community from DISASTER!

*If the above is true, please change ASUS webpage to download to this driver instead of a .CAB file... If its not just ignore whatever i type here and back to DISABLING this device

Any ASUS Representative please check on this driver issue and get back to me asap this is really important....

FuryA
Level 8
hi Just check case before and test passed

Just install these drives for steps are

1.Intel_Chipset_Driver

2.ASUSProbeII_Driver

3.ASUS_AMDA00_ACPI_Driver

4. MEI-Win7-8-81-10_Driver

Suggest re-install win7

about drivers downloads can visit support page or install Support Disc

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/MAXIMUS_VII_HERO/HelpDesk/