cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not install Sonic Suite

dgtots
Level 7
I am running Windows 10 pro with a Hero Alpha mobo. I did not use any drivers from the disk as I do not have an optical drive.
I downloaded all drivers from Asus website.
At first the software launched (did not have Realtek audio driver installed) and said it was configuring my system for install and then asked to finish and reboot which I did. Next startup it goes into the same software and now says it is removing Realtek audio driver and has since been in a continuous loop of doing this.
I did not have RealTeak audio driver to begin with so apparently it installed it first and now keeps trying to remove it.
I went to my program files and was able to delete most of the Realtek files it downloaded except Setupafterrebootservice.exe as it says it can not delete as it is in use in SetupARService. I searched my pc for SetupARService and it does not find it anywhere.
I also ran CC cleaner for my registry and rebooted my pc and this file is still in there and can not delete.

Can someone please help me to get this installed on my PC?

Thanks
9 REPLIES 9

Nate152
Hi dgtots

Go to your programs and uninstall these 3 - Realtek audio driver, Asus sonic suite plugins and SVLoadSense.

Then go to the Asus support center and get the latest Realtek audio driver, it will install sonic studio II with the realtek audio driver.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Nate152 wrote:
Hi dgtots

Go to your programs and uninstall these 3 - Realtek audio driver, Asus sonic suite plugins and SVLoadSense.

Then go to the Asus support center and get the latest Realtek audio driver, it will install sonic studio II with the realtek audio driver.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I could not find Asus sonic suite plugins nor SVLoadSense in my files. I am still unable to delete the Realtek driver due to the same message error as listed in my original post. Do you know where these 2 files are located?
Also when I first downloaded the drivers for my new PC I downloaded the Realtek audio driver from Asus website and it did not install Sonic Suite

Nate152
Maybe try a system restore to the point just before you installed the Realtek audio driver and sonic studio II.

Buellersdayoff
Level 7
Did the same thing for me, over and over again. Can't remember what I did exactly, except let it do its thing a few times. Then instead of reboot when suggested I went into add/remove programs and sure enough it was installed. I also used revo Uninstaller before trying the update.

Kotronas
Level 9
Go to device manager disable the realtek device or uninstall it reboot the system the on device manager use search for new/changed devices then run the asus drivers. Had the same issue at start of win 10 when I was running the win update before installing asus drivers. Sound drivers where rebooting the system all the time trying to remove Microsoft drivers.
Gl hf
Report back

Kotronas wrote:
Go to device manager disable the realtek device or uninstall it reboot the system the on device manager use search for new/changed devices then run the asus drivers. Had the same issue at start of win 10 when I was running the win update before installing asus drivers. Sound drivers where rebooting the system all the time trying to remove Microsoft drivers.
Gl hf
Report back

Thanks for the feedback. I was finally able to remove all of the RealTek audio drivers from the Device Manager as well as the RealTeak folder showing on the HD.
I am not real clear what you mean about reboot the system and on device manager use search for new/changed devices and then run the asus drivers.
Does this mean I need to install just the RealTeak audio driver from the Asus website? I did that initially and it did not install the Sonic Suite software. That is why I downloaded the Sonic Suite drivers which totally screwed my pc up.

I have now uninstalled the RealTek Audio drivers from device manager two times. Every time after uninstalling I run CC cleaner and reboot my pc.
However when I go back to device manager after reboot those same 2 drivers are still showing. I have no idea how to get rid of these drivers.

Which version of the driver do I need to install from the Asus website to get the Sonic Suite? When I first built the PC I downloaded RealTek audio driver
Version 6.0.1.7786. That did not install the Sonic Suite unless I missed some .exe file in it. Still not up to date on how to install these drivers.

I then downloaded Sonic Suite Version 6.0.1.7904 about 2 days later to get the Sonic Suite. This is not showing on my pc anywhere and this was the program causing the issue of the continuous uninstall reboot pattern which I am happy to report I no longer have.

If someone can give me the correct version of the driver to install as well as install instructions I would be very appreciative.

Thanks

dgtots wrote:
I am not real clear what you mean about reboot the system and on device manager use search for new/changed devices and then run the asus drivers.
Does this mean I need to install just the RealTeak audio driver from the Asus website?

Reboot the system means reboot the pc.
Then open again device manager, on the window that pops there will be some icons on the left top corner, important don't pick/press anything, the word system should be gray, then on the icons you can find on the end of them the icon where when you hover over it says "search for new/changed devices" or similar press that.
The latest audio drivers are having on their name sonic suite and sonic radar, so I guess they have it on the package.

Ok. I got it to work and install properly. Now it just states my AstroA40TR is not a supported device. I guess because it hooks to PC through USB?
Do I need to purchase a set of headphones for just the pc? I would hate that because I can hear fine on Astros I have and these are very comfortable.

Thanks for all the input guys 🙂