cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some help in here with motherboard

MikeAdu
Level 9
Hello friends!
Some days ago I finally finished my new setup.Viewed a lot of videos/reviews how to start overclocking.But in my case,when I put MIN and MAX multiplier to(for example 40 for 100 BCLK),after reboot I have still *30.How this can be?I just broke my head.
Thanks a lot!*
19 REPLIES 19

Nate152
Hi MikeAdu

Welcome to the ROG forum !

Are you hitting F10 to save your settings then hit Enter?

Isn't that enough to go to the last tab and select SAVE CHANGES AND EXIT?For all others changes it is working.

Detleg
Level 12
Yes that be fine too, but just for keeps sake try F10

How can it be?My OC PANEL show 125@34,but Bios show 125@30?
Do I have locked multiplier on my 5960x processor?Whatever I try,multiplier do not exceed 30.
Don't understant at all...*

My previous setup was:
ASUS Striker Extreme
Intel QX6700
DDR2 1066

I could get *3,458 GHz at 1,45V for 9 years!And it still is working,but CPU in most games was 100% loaded,this is why I changed my system.But this new BIOS is new for me.All I can get is just changing CPU Strap and BCLK to 166,so then I can get to Windows at*
166@27/1.3v.I have no clue why bios do not rise multiplier greater then 30.
Any ideas are looked forward!
Thanks.*

In most reviews and manual there are few steps to overclock.Set to XMP,set 100,set multiplier and voltage.But I can't set multiplier more than 30.

FuryA
Level 8
MikeAdu wrote:
Hello friends!
Some days ago I finally finished my new setup.Viewed a lot of videos/reviews how to start overclocking.But in my case,when I put MIN and MAX multiplier to(for example 40 for 100 BCLK),after reboot I have still *30.How this can be?I just broke my head.
Thanks a lot!*

hi MikeAdu;
If you are not good at oc by BIOS control,m You can try using AI Suite 3 to OC

Menthol
Level 14
MikeAdu,
Welcome to the ROG forums, if you have read the guides you should have an idea where to start, the memory kit you list in your specs, when you set the XMP profile does it change the BLCK from 100 to 125? If so this changes everything in how you would overclock your system, and how your system reacts, 3333mhz is a tough frequency to achieve to begin with.
What I would suggest is F5 in the bios to set optimized defaults, manually set memory speed, timings, and voltage, start at a lower frequency on the memory 2400 or 2800 mhz, set the first 5 timings manually and set the dram voltage manually to manufacturers specifications leaving the blck at 100, once you have proven system stability then try uping the multiplier and Vcore as needed, you may also need to adjust VCSSA and VCIIN voltages, always start small working your way up slowly and use RealBench to stress test your system to verify stability

Vlada011
Level 10
BIOS on RVE could be little complicate until people meet with him but it's fantastic board. I have same only not USB3.1 version and I had problems on beginning.
Actually I wait M.2 to confirm that all problems are gone but for now everything is fine after little problems on start. But to be honest I cross from old version of BIOS to most advanced board first on market with DDR4 memory and some issue could be expected.
Only better X99 on market is RVE10... She is best looking motherboard and with RGB LEDs fit perfect with AMD Radeon or NVIDIA GeForce GPU.

I mean in global ASUS is best gaming brand looking everything together...without any doubt.

Look only this... Who don't want these stuff...

I hope you will resolve problem.