cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with EA servers

saraki-yooy
Level 7
Hello everyone.

I've recently bought Mass Effect on Origin. I downloaded and installed the game fine, but when I tried launching it, an error message popped up saying "We are unable to connect to EA servers to activate Mass Effect on this computer using your account."

Now I've tried contacting EA for some troubleshooting. It's been over two weeks of trying anything they said, but nothing has worked. I still have the same problem. In fact, it seems I have a similar problem for any game on Origin (Steam works fine on the other hand).

I'm getting pretty desperate for a solution, especially since the help from EA is getting more and more sporadic. I've come to think that the problem may come from my laptop (and something to do with EA's servers probably too).

I have a pretty recent ASUS ROG (bought a year ago), model G551JW I believe. Has anyone run into similar problems ? Do you think they could be due to the PC ?

PS : I should add that I might have a defective model - indeed, whenever I put it in sleep mode, it shuts down entirely instead. I have not researched much onto it though.
3 REPLIES 3

brkkab123
Level 7
I don't know if this will help you or not. I just opened Origin on my pc about 10 minutes ago and it downloaded a update to Origin. Give it a try now and see if you get one, too.

Detleg
Level 12
Different server then yours probably, hell its EA they have a few all over the world just for FIFA lol

kkn
Level 14
if it aint working, contact EA customer service online.