cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating my AMD Model of ROG G20. (CPU and/or GPU).

KuKaMaN
Level 7
Hi everyone!. :rolleyes:

I've just posted this in the @Welsh Whoopee's youtube channel aswell.

I've got the G20 (BM model). It comes with an AMD FX 770k CPU that is 65W TDP. I have the G20 with both power bricks (230 + 180). I was wondering if it's posible to upgrade the CPU to an 95W TDP model to get better performance with the limitations of my mobo (AMD model). In that case, can you recommend me some CPU that could be interesting for gaming processing? (FM2+ socket). And on the other hand, I want to upgrade my Radeon R9 270 (GPU) to an Nvidia GTX 1060. Both upgrades are posible with 230 + 180 w bricks???
I use to play high-end games. Runs fine with Titanfall2, Battlefield 4, Infinite Warfare, Overwatch... etc. But loading times are long. I play Battlefield 1 too and it has some problems to run the game smoothly even with almost no filters and medium levels graphics. It demands more CPU i think.

Thank you in advance 🙂 🙂
3 REPLIES 3

Martin_Mantai
Level 7
KuKaMaN wrote:
Hi everyone!. :rolleyes:

I've just posted this in the @Welsh Whoopee's youtube channel aswell.

I've got the G20 (BM model). It comes with an AMD FX 770k CPU that is 65W TDP. I have the G20 with both power bricks (230 + 180). I was wondering if it's posible to upgrade the CPU to an 95W TDP model to get better performance with the limitations of my mobo (AMD model). In that case, can you recommend me some CPU that could be interesting for gaming processing? (FM2+ socket). And on the other hand, I want to upgrade my Radeon R9 270 (GPU) to an Nvidia GTX 1060. Both upgrades are posible with 230 + 180 w bricks???
I use to play high-end games. Runs fine with Titanfall2, Battlefield 4, Infinite Warfare, Overwatch... etc. But loading times are long. I play Battlefield 1 too and it has some problems to run the game smoothly even with almost no filters and medium levels graphics. It demands more CPU i think.

Thank you in advance 🙂 🙂

I m upgards my G20BM to AMD A10 7890k and AMD RX480

It s ok

I just replaced in my PC GTX770 to GTX 1060 and it was quite straightforward operation
(of course 10 times more complex than normal desktop 😉 ) External power brick exists
already and internal Power cables also.

My post:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?89647-Succesfully-upgraded-ASUS-ROG-G20AJ-memory-to-16G-an...

Martin Mantai wrote:
I m upgards my G20BM to AMD A10 7890k and AMD RX480

It s ok

How are your temperatures?. I upgraded my FX-770k (65W TDP) to a X4 880k (95W TDP) and temperatures are awful. THinking on an X4 845 (Carrizo), but I don't know if the A58 mobo supports it. I have the latest bios version from 2016. (403)

Does anybody know if the X4 845 is supported?. I can not find it on the user guide.:rolleyes: