cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus x99 Deluxe ii bios post

mjohnson24
Level 9
i have the Asus x99 Deluxe ii Mobo, (4) 16gb sticks of Gskill Trident Z 3200mhz ram, Evga 1200w P2 PSU, Intel i7 6900k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Gaming ACX 3.0, Samsung EVO 950 Pro M.2. The M.2 replace and old Intel SSD drive that was a few years old as my main C drive. my questions is When i boot my computer up even before all these upgrades ( So i know its not just the parts i used ), it takes about 23 seconds from when you press the power button before you see the Asus logo and the text that says press so and so keys to enter setup and 1 minute and 15 or so seconds to boot directly to the desktop. My laptop which is an Asus ROG laptop has a standard SSD thats slower than the M.2 and it boots to desktop in less than half that time. And i have the latest bios of 1401. Its happened on other previous Bios versions as well. It's happened since the first day i got it like back in around august or september i think.

Thanks In advance,
Mark
3 REPLIES 3

gunbolt
Level 7
mjohnson24 wrote:
i have the Asus x99 Deluxe ii Mobo, (4) 16gb sticks of Gskill Trident Z 3200mhz ram, Evga 1200w P2 PSU, Intel i7 6900k, EVGA GTX 1080 FTW Gaming ACX 3.0, Samsung EVO 950 Pro M.2. The M.2 replace and old Intel SSD drive that was a few years old as my main C drive. my questions is When i boot my computer up even before all these upgrades ( So i know its not just the parts i used ), it takes about 23 seconds from when you press the power button before you see the Asus logo and the text that says press so and so keys to enter setup and 1 minute and 15 or so seconds to boot directly to the desktop. My laptop which is an Asus ROG laptop has a standard SSD thats slower than the M.2 and it boots to desktop in less than half that time. And i have the latest bios of 1401. Its happened on other previous Bios versions as well. It's happened since the first day i got it like back in around august or september i think.

Thanks In advance,
Mark

Do you have any other storage devices connected? Fast Boot is enabled? Do you have RAID?

gunbolt wrote:
Do you have any other storage devices connected? Fast Boot is enabled? Do you have RAID?

Well only storage i have connected besides flash drives are 4 other drives besides the M.2 as the main. Fast boot is enabled and SATA support is set to All devices But has "Boot Drive Only" and Hard Drive only" as other selections. As for raid no i don't have any raid set up at all.

mjohnson24 wrote:
Well only storage i have connected besides flash drives are 4 other drives besides the M.2 as the main. Fast boot is enabled and SATA support is set to All devices But has "Boot Drive Only" and Hard Drive only" as other selections. As for raid no i don't have any raid set up at all.

I tried setting it to the different options and nothing made a difference.