cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watercooler on G20CB.

FonzieBulldog
Level 9
Have a Corsair Hydro H80i V2 over after updating the home built Bulldog computers cooler and wonder if this H80i will make a difference in temp compared to the original G20CB air cooler.Understand that i will have to make holes in the case to the cooler tubes and thats okey but is it worth it in the question of better cooling.

(Please move the post if it is on the wrong place).
6 REPLIES 6

KING_DRANZER
Level 7
It does improve on temperature but it is useless. Unless you have unlocked CPU or your temperatures cross 80degree line there is no reason to throw in water cooler as there will be no performance gain. No need to upgrade to water-cooling.

What are the temperatures you get with stock cooler

Tried out to mount the water cooler Corsair Hydro H80i V2 in the G20 case today and it wasnt possible without bending or sawing in one inner metal plate and after that the cd/dvd rom wouldnt fit properly in this case anymore.The water cooler pump head is to big and i havent found any other smaller pump heads on the market.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Good luck with that!

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Well, its rather strange when i have read about these water cooling projects on the G20 who people have done.The strange thing is that the case nearly is the same inside in all models.There is one metallic plate who i either have to bend or better saw away a bit from.But then the cd/dvd rom wouldnt fit properly in the case when the water pump head is in the way there this cd/dvd rom gets a little bit outside the case.I need this cd/dvd rom when i for example install different games who uses discs and cant get rid of it if i dont use a external cd/dvd rom driver.All existing pump heads on the market have nearly the same size with the mounting plate.

The strange thing is that when i think of this i get more and more irritated to solve this problem in some way when i am really curious of how much this water cooler will get the heat down in this little closed box.I really like the G20 and it is a supreme gaming computer who for the moment run Star Wars Battlefront and Dragon Age Inquisition really great beside the fan noise at full throttle.Probably not worse than the fans on the older XBOX 360 but when i compare it with the home built Bulldog computer with its eight fans who have a idle temp around 25 for the moment i am rather exited to solve this cooling project in some way without destroying anything.

Noop, tried a last time and stopped before i destroyed something.Was ready to cut away some metal inside this G20 case to make the water cooler pump fit inside this box but before that i found out that the fan pins wasnt the same and the pump connections wouldnt fit without cutting in the wires and hope for the best.There wasnt any proper USB connection either inside this case to the Corsair water pump and with that i closed down the project.Better safe than sorry about a otherwise nice gaming rig.

But it maybe work if i ... LOL.

You must've missed my entire water cooling project thread, I am one of the few to pull this off on the g20cb. Check out my thread, it has all the details you'll need.