Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Armesis View Post
    I tried the first one, and the second one is not applicable to my case ( i dont have any autodesk products). Still the problem persists, i'll keep looking for solutions. Please keep posting on the thread if you have any ideas, thanks.
    Just take a look at this instructions from Autodesk. Just substitute your application (like a benchmark app, your video game...) instead of "Autodesk Composite". It's the one way to be 100% sure that you are getting your GPU and not using the integrated graphics.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Buggsy View Post
    Just take a look at this instructions from Autodesk. Just substitute your application (like a benchmark app, your video game...) instead of "Autodesk Composite". It's the one way to be 100% sure that you are getting your GPU and not using the integrated graphics.
    Strange, i do not have Option 2 - Set the desired graphics processor for this program.

I only have the 1st and 3rd option. Many people in thread have the same problem...

Edit - Apparently Asus have disabled the integrated graphics processor for the G752 series

"Asus has it disabled for a reason it uses the GTX card only as its a gaming laptop. Intel graphics card cannot be enabled , Optimus is an awful feature to have on a gaming laptop only causes problems"

This quote was from here -https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?85039-Possible-to-Enable-Asus-ROG-G752-Integrated-Graphics
    Last edited by Armesis; 12-14-2016 at 01:20 PM.

Strange, i do not have Option 2 - Set the desired graphics processor for this program.

I only have the 1st and 3rd option. Many people in thread have the same problem...

Edit - Apparently Asus have disabled the integrated graphics processor for the G752 series

"Asus has it disabled for a reason it uses the GTX card only as its a gaming laptop. Intel graphics card cannot be enabled , Optimus is an awful feature to have on a gaming laptop only causes problems"

This quote was from here -https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?85039-Possible-to-Enable-Asus-ROG-G752-Integrated-Graphics
    That's awesome! Optimus has been the bane of gaming laptops, even though it was basically created for gaming laptops. It's usually a BIOS setting, but most laptops don't seem to open access to disable it that way.

We can get that out of the way then. The search for a solution continues.

We can get that out of the way then. The search for a solution continues.
    I don't want to hijack this thread anymore than we have. However, it seems that you have unfortunately been stuck with a known issue with the GTX 1070. It doesn't matter if it's a laptop or desktop chip, MSI or Gigabyte, it's just randomly some GTX 1070's suffer. Last I saw about that was that nVidia was working on a solution. This is new enough that anyone with a 1070 should still be in warranty. Insist on a replacement (refurbished) laptop. I think that's the quickest solution as nVida has been working on this for months.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Jon G View Post
    If you have the money get the ASUS G701 w/ the faster, better GTX 1080 GPU, it'll cost more but be well worth it in the long run!
    Seriously DON'T buy one of these if your in the UK unless you like your screens looking like this : http://imgur.com/66oJqJk

That is supposed to be a black picture full screened. That was the second G701VI I've tried, the first one was exactly the same and lasted 4 days when the screen actually popped : http://imgur.com/pqhvEAi

Extremely poorly built screen frame =( Very sad as I love the look and feel of this laptop - Going MSI this time around, Maybe next upgrade I'll try another ROG Laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by Buggsy View Post
    I don't want to hijack this thread anymore than we have. However, it seems that you have unfortunately been stuck with a known issue with the GTX 1070. It doesn't matter if it's a laptop or desktop chip, MSI or Gigabyte, it's just randomly some GTX 1070's suffer. Last I saw about that was that nVidia was working on a solution. This is new enough that anyone with a 1070 should still be in warranty. Insist on a replacement (refurbished) laptop. I think that's the quickest solution as nVida has been working on this for months.
    My G752VY has the GTX980M. It was only 2 weeks after i bought the laptop did Nvidia announce the new 1000 series lol. This is the nature of pc gaming, walk out of a shop with your new machine and it almost immediately becomes obsolete.

@Tyceon - Yes i will never purchase another ROG laptop, but to be balanced i will say that ASUS desktop chipsets are very good. Ive been using them since the 90s and have never had any issues whatsoever.

My G752VY has the GTX980M. It was only 2 weeks after i bought the laptop did Nvidia announce the new 1000 series lol. This is the nature of pc gaming, walk out of a shop with your new machine and it almost immediately becomes obsolete.

@Tyceon - Yes i will never purchase another ROG laptop, but to be balanced i will say that ASUS desktop chipsets are very good. Ive been using them since the 90s and have never had any issues whatsoever.
    Oooh, I guess I knew that was a possibility, but I forgot. With a 980M, try to remove the ROG Game First application. It's a network traffic prioritization application, but it is known to cause strutting for some.

calle rua

@Buggsy

That was probably one of the first things i ever did, 5 months ago...It might have helped abit though (cant remember), either that or im simply getting used to the constant stuttering lol.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

@Buggsy

That was probably one of the first things i ever did, 5 months ago...It might have helped abit though (cant remember), either that or im simply getting used to the constant stuttering lol.
    Hey Armesis, I have the same laptop you do, and have never experienced this stuttering issue. I have run in to a few black screens when loading games but it turned out to be a conflict with an RDP program called teamviewer which I use for work that was running in the background. Have you changed anything hardware wise on the laptop since it was purchased? It almost seems like a HDD loading/stuttering issue from the youtube video that was posted in one of the threads. But I myself have not run into it and load games from my steam library which is on the 1TB mechanical drive.

Have you tried to run furmark by any chance to see if it occurs while running that? Thats a pretty small program that will load the GPU down and shouldn't be bound by any HDD stuttering.
    ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
    SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K
    RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72
    RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71
    RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast