Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by MrRuckus View Post
    Hey Armesis, I have the same laptop you do, and have never experienced this stuttering issue. I have run in to a few black screens when loading games but it turned out to be a conflict with an RDP program called teamviewer which I use for work that was running in the background. Have you changed anything hardware wise on the laptop since it was purchased? It almost seems like a HDD loading/stuttering issue from the youtube video that was posted in one of the threads. But I myself have not run into it and load games from my steam library which is on the 1TB mechanical drive.

Have you tried to run furmark by any chance to see if it occurs while running that? Thats a pretty small program that will load the GPU down and shouldn't be bound by any HDD stuttering.
    No nothing was changed hardware wise at all, nor have i attempted any overclocking either. All my games run from either Steam or Origin and are installed on the 1TB HDD as well. Im downloading Furmark now, will test it later and i'll let you know the results, thanks.

fyi games do run very smoothly on this laptop at max settings, SW Battlefront, BF4. Basically 'A' title games seem to run fine. Its other games that stutter to varying degree. The worst is Running with Rifles, an old game yeah, but still...

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array FonzieBulldog PC Specs
    FonzieBulldog PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Homebuilt and named The Bulldog
    MotherboardAsus Maximus Hero VIII
    ProcessorIntel i7-6700K 4.6 Ghz
    Memory (part number)32GB
    Graphics Card #1MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Gaming X
    Graphics Card #2Sometimes a Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Edition
    Graphics Card #3Sometimes a Nvidia GeForce GTX 980
    MonitorAsus 3D
    Storage #1M2 SSD 512GB
    Storage #2SSD 512GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair Hydro H115i
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2
    Keyboard Razer
    Mouse Razer
    Headset Razer
    Mouse Pad Razer
    Headset/Speakers Razer
    OS Windows 10 X64 Pro
    Accessory #1 Updated Asus G20CB (The Midget)
    Accessory #2 GTX 1080 Founders Edition
    Accessory #3 Intel i7-6700K

Had two laptops from Asus in form of the Rog G752VT and G752VS but sold them both when i didnt like these small laptop gaming screens.Didnt use them a long time but when i should sell the G752VS who only was used for some short time i found out on the last upstart that there was a strange line across the screen who didnt go away.Strange quality for sure when payed around 3200 dollar for the G752VS.My hardware updated desktop Asus G20CB is a whole other story with BIG quality in a nice case with some nice light to.
    Last edited by FonzieBulldog; 12-16-2016 at 09:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FonzieBulldog View Post
    Had two laptops from Asus in form of the Rog G752VT and G752VS but sold them both when i didnt like these small laptop gaming screens.Didnt use them a long time but when i should sell the G752VS who only was used for some short time i found out on the last upstart that there was a strange line across the screen who didnt go away.Strange quality for sure when payed around 3200 dollar for the G752VS.My hardware updated desktop Asus G20CB is a whole other story with BIG quality in a nice case with some nice light to.
    Yeah i had the pinkish line thing as well, over time it became worse until ASUS changed the screen. They keyboard was also going bad so they changed it too. Took only 3 days.

@MrRuckus -

I did the FurMark test under max anti alaising, 1080p HD, res 1920x1080 - The GPU temp only went up from 53C to a steady 67C, with a SCORE:4324 points (72 FPS, 60000 ms)

No stuttering at all and it was smooth as butter. Also a comparatively decent score. While this is good, i still dont know why it stutters on some games

Any thoughts?
    Last edited by Armesis; 12-16-2016 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armesis View Post
    No nothing was changed hardware wise at all, nor have i attempted any overclocking either. All my games run from either Steam or Origin and are installed on the 1TB HDD as well. Im downloading Furmark now, will test it later and i'll let you know the results, thanks.

fyi games do run very smoothly on this laptop at max settings, SW Battlefront, BF4. Basically 'A' title games seem to run fine. Its other games that stutter to varying degree. The worst is Running with Rifles, an old game yeah, but still...
    Try running your games from a SSD maybe? And to complete the test try cloning your hole HDD to an SSD and see if theres difference... Thats my little contribution to you

Good luck

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Hey Armesis. Just a thought. I know you have posted this before, but I don't know where anymore. Please list the old games that don't work well.

Quote Originally Posted by Buggsy View Post
    Hey Armesis. Just a thought. I know you have posted this before, but I don't know where anymore. Please list the old games that don't work well.
    Running with rifles - very bad stuttering
    TES Oblivion - stutters sometimes, mostly right before an arrow hits an enemy
    7 days to die - random stuttering
    Rome total war - random stuttering
    Fallout new vegas - random stuttering, lasts abit longer than normal

The games that dont stutter -

BF4 - Not that much at all with the new drivers
    SW Battlefront - no stutter
    killing floor 2 - no stutter
    Borderlands 2 - no stutter

I have alot more games in my library, more installed, but i really dont actually play them. Creature of habit...

@Hitchy - Ive got about 300GB worth of games installed on the HDD and the SSD is only 128GB
    I will try to install some games on the SSD and see if theres a difference, but im expecting it will still have problems. People with the same problem with mine have done exactly that and have had no success. I'll try it and will update you, thanks.

Ahh, so at a glance those are mostly (or all) DX9 games. That's rough. DX9 was not transitioned gracefully. Firstly, have you tried this:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/c...0_heres_how_i/

I'm not sure off hand how to improve that, but I have a copy of Oblivion that I can install and play with. Is it possible within any of these games to change the video render settings?

And secondly, check out tool like this.
    http://www.traynier.com/software/steammover

It's just a tool to copy your games around and make symbolic links. Install your games to the SSD and move them to the HDD when you are done. I had a 128 GB SSD, and kept about 1 game on at a time. Well a big game, I had things like FTL on it without any consequence.

@Buggsy

The Timer Tool utility didnt make a difference, the current timing was 15ms, and went to 0.5ms whenever any game was run anyway.

The second solution to move steam games into the SSD seems to have done the trick though
    I moved Running with Rifles and Oblivion to the C: SSD and it runs very smoothly with no lag whatsoever! Although this does not fully solve the problem (why do they lag on the D: HDD???), maybe i can play older games on the SSD and newer ones on the conventional drive, since they do not suffer this...

I dont know whether to celebrate or to feel even more confused at this point, im just burned out with all this over the months. I'll put Rome Total War onto the SSD and see how it goes.

For now at least, thanks for you help Buggsy. If you dont see me around these forums anymore, that will be a good sign. Cheers!
    Last edited by Armesis; 12-17-2016 at 02:27 PM.

I'm glad to hear that you have a solution, but that only raises new questions. I would suspect now that something is possibly wrong with the HDD. Spinning disk is plenty fast enough for games like Oblivion. Try a program like Crystal Disk Mark and see what kind of performance you get from the HDD.

Quote Originally Posted by Armesis View Post
    @Buggsy

The Timer Tool utility didnt make a difference, the current timing was 15ms, and went to 0.5ms whenever any game was run anyway.

The second solution to move steam games into the SSD seems to have done the trick though
    I moved Running with Rifles and Oblivion to the C: SSD and it runs very smoothly with no lag whatsoever! Although this does not fully solve the problem (why do they lag on the D: HDD???), maybe i can play older games on the SSD and newer ones on the conventional drive, since they do not suffer this...

I dont know whether to celebrate or to feel even more confused at this point, im just burned out with all this over the months. I'll put Rome Total War onto the SSD and see how it goes.

For now at least, thanks for you help Buggsy. If you dont see me around these forums anymore, that will be a good sign. Cheers!
    Glad to see that my little advice helped you

To push things further and understand why your HDD causes those stuttering , you should check what mode is your HDD under UEFI BIOS : is it IDE ou AHCI? It should be AHCI but we never know... But dont do under this for now, enjoy your experience and test to see if things are right for at leat a weak before trying understand what causes stuttering from HDD!

Enjoy your ASUS Gaming experience

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast