cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G751JY plugged in all the time?

warpclaw91
Level 7
Hey Guys,

I own an Asus G751JY and have been using it for gaming for over an year without any issues. But I was wondering if it's okay to leave the power cable plugged in to the laptop all the time instead of taking it out after the laptop is fully charged. I know that playing without plugging in can affect the battery life in long term but I also think that keeping it plugged in all the time might create issues. I also looked into some video on the internet for manually removing the battery but I found it to be a complicated process. So you guys have any advice?

Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Mrwounderful
Level 7
short answer Nope!

the only thing you have to worry about with no battery is the power going out and causing damage to the drive if it's writing but I have no battery on my notebook as it died some time ago and the connector for it is at fault.

Lot of people do this with gaming notebooks so don't worry about leaving the battery unplug in.

Jon_G
Level 10
I always leave my G751JY plugged in, have never used it on battery power for almost two years now with no issues. Like MrWounderful stated, most
owners of large gaming notebooks leave them plugged in all the time due to the short 2 hour battery life, you are better off leaving it plugged in all the time in my opinion.

Just leave it plugged in, ive been doing so for ages with no problem. Running it on battery will wear it down tremendously, especially on ROG laptops.

HoTo
Level 7
After 4 years of experience with G750JX and G751JY, I've learnt that the important thing is to unplug the cable when the laptop is turned off. Also do not let the battery drain completely to the point where the PC shuts off, especially important if it's a while since last time battery was used.