cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Now Im getting somewhere. 6700K @4.9 Ghz 1.440 Vcore

JustinThyme
Level 13
Been thinking it all along, today the IHS came off and the mess that was under it got cleaned up and Coollaboratory Liquid Ultra put in its place. Reattached with liquid electrical tape. Temps dropped from spiking to 90C under heavy load at 1.375 Vcore and 4.6 Ghz to 60C Max at 1.440 Vcore and 4.9Ghz. Not going to push it any more until the Corsair H115i is replaced, should be done by the end of the week.

How do you like these apples!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/16518094

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein
26 REPLIES 26

JustinThyme
Level 13
Heaven

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

Nate152
Wow JustinThyme, that's amazing !

I see 5.0GHz easily in your near future, you should post your results in Chino's ROG Strix 1080 overclocking guide.

I'm impressed and very nice job delidding your cpu !

hahaha yeah come on Justin lets go into Chinos thread to keep his one going, I just compared our scores together......I still got some wiggle room tho...I know you do too

Detleg wrote:
hahaha yeah come on Justin lets go into Chinos thread to keep his one going, I just compared our scores together......I still got some wiggle room tho...I know you do too

Ya better get busy wigglin that wiggle room!

Upped my BCLK and dropped my Multiplier and got to 4.95 GHz on the core @ 1.475 Vcore Havent walked it back any lower yet.

Compare this Hick!

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/16536631

Sitting at #80 6700K and 2 GPUs most of those are 2x Titan Pascals that darn sure better beat me!

Detleg
Level 12
Sweet, I send you mine 😛

JustinThyme
Level 13
I considered Chinos Thread but there is a distinct difference going between folks running the X99 chipset and a 6950x CPU and us poor people running the Z170 and 6700K.
Howdid you get 2.6 Ghz out of your GPUs? Here I thought I was going good with pass the 2 GHz barrier. I max out the Vcore and a simple one MHz difference on the setting is the difference between it will run or it wont. Im not going to push anything any further until I deal with the heat first. The CPU is much better after a delid. I wish I would have taken pics but I'm actually appalled that Intel sends things out the door like that. It like OK lets just slob a blob of the cheapest thermal paste we can find and use the bigger the blob the better the job method and glue the IHS down. No one will ever know! The crappy paste added to the blob that darn near filled the entire cavity under the IHS actually insulated it and held more heat in! This step dropped the full load max temps BY 30C !!!!! Im not seeing the spiking right out of the gate anymore either, it actually takes it a second or two to heat up instead of instantly going from 30C to 70C in the blink of an eye.

With all that being said The H115i AIO is better than air but Im still not impressed for a 280 Rad with 140mm fans. Guess they thought they could sneak it in and call it great with all the CPU TDP dropping. My old rig with two 140 watt CPUs would eat this for lunch. Again, better than most air solutions but IMO still for either wanting quiet stock, being lazy or Newbies that are afraid to tackle a full out liquid cooling loop. In the beginning I fell into the lazy category. Thought it looked decent and a lot of good reviews but Im thinking those doing all the reviewing are on the crack pipe. As soon as I saw the machining gouges on the surface of the block with ZERO polishing I knew I wasnt going to get the performance I wanted without at least lapping the face of the block which would be a PITA seeing how its permanently attached. When you have machining marks that deep thats less than half of the surface actually making contact. Ill bet I can drop my full load temps another 10-15C or more when Im done with my loop.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Do you have to buy to get to use tesselation and keep ultra setting during the bench. I can loop it all day on Ultra but as soon as I hit benchmark it goes back to medium and tesselation is grayed out.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Need to figure what to tweak out for this. Should be getting better, Im right on your heels Detleg but should be passing you. Probably just need to stip down back ground appz.
Im showing up as Rob on the upload.

Detleg
Level 12
LOL im getting there the RealBench my best was 168 k somewhat, right bellow menthol with the skylakes and the M8E, in that benchmark you cannot beat 2011 or 2011-v3