cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL502VS-DB71 Windows Reinstall

rochambeaux
Level 7
Has anyone been able to reinstall WIn 10 on one of these systems using a USB flashdrive and not get stuck with the BIOS in legacy mode?

Asus support had me make changes to the BIOS so that the USB was visible/bootable but after installation I could not switch it back. Consequently the boot time/performance was much slower.

To add insult to injury the BIOS update/ATK driver bricked my keyboard. Having to return my first one and get another from Amazon.

Not a good start to my first Asus laptop.
1 REPLY 1

jerrysandholm
Level 7
rochambeaux wrote:
Has anyone been able to reinstall WIn 10 on one of these systems using a USB flashdrive and not get stuck with the BIOS in legacy mode?

Asus support had me make changes to the BIOS so that the USB was visible/bootable but after installation I could not switch it back. Consequently the boot time/performance was much slower.

To add insult to injury the BIOS update/ATK driver bricked my keyboard. Having to return my first one and get another from Amazon.

Not a good start to my first Asus laptop.

Doesn't this model use a NVMe-drive? I've read somewhere that it doesn't support legacy BIOS without a lot of fiddeling with diskpart, custom images and changing boot record.