cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura software not syncing with Asus Spatha

Brighttail
Level 11
I know it is a 'beta' release of the new Aura software, but I was wondering if anyone else could get their Asus Motherboard synced up with their Spatha?

I uninstalled the old software, installed the new Aura software and see that it can sync with things like the GPU, but I'm seeing nothing that shows the Spatha.

In the new Spatha software I see that it is set to work with the Claymore keyboard, but once again nothing that would connect it with the motherboard.

Am I missing a setting or a way to get these two linked up?

The mouse is fully up-to-date with latest wired/wireless firmware. The Aura software is the beta and the Amoury is the latest as well.

Suggestions?
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop
11 REPLIES 11

chris1407
Level 7
Same here. NOsync between the two (Rampage Edition 10 and Rog Spatha). The mouse is not even listed in the latest Aura version as a connected/recognized device (only the mobo).
Running Aura v1.03.48 (latest beta)
Rog Armoury 1.01.19 (latest)
Spatha wired firm 1.57 (latest)
Spatha's dock (wireless) firm 1.26 (latest)

*The weird thing is that both softwares state of their release notes that their current versions should enable sync, but nope.

chris1407 wrote:
Same here. NOsync between the two (Rampage Edition 10 and Rog Spatha). The mouse is not even listed in the latest Aura version as a connected/recognized device (only the mobo).
Running Aura v1.03.48 (latest beta)
Rog Armoury 1.01.19 (latest)
Spatha wired firm 1.57 (latest)
Spatha's dock (wireless) firm 1.26 (latest)

*The weird thing is that both softwares state of their release notes that their current versions should enable sync, but nope.

Asus will say, "Well it is beta". Problem is Asus is promoting out there that the Spatha is in the line of these Aura Sync products when in fact it is not.

I think that really upsets me is that is is one thing to have a beta version out there but it is quite another actively promoting in emails, on Twitter and facebook when it is blatantly NOT true, but they do it anyway because it is part of a promotional giveaway. 😞
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

Bahz
Level 12
Did you guys know that the requirement is that the mouse has to be in wired mode to be synced right? Currently we're still working on making it possible to sync the mouse when it's in wireless mode but the other concern is that it'll eat up too much power if AURA is enabled in wireless mode, along with other issues.

Bahz wrote:
Did you guys know that the requirement is that the mouse has to be in wired mode to be synced right? Currently we're still working on making it possible to sync the mouse when it's in wireless mode but the other concern is that it'll eat up too much power if AURA is enabled in wireless mode, along with other issues.

Hey Bahz,
tnx for your reply! Yeah we know that! But it didn't work even in wired.
After countless uninstalls/reinstalls, playing with both aura and armory for no apparent reason aura finally listed Spatha as "mouse" next to Group/Mobo. Sync is working now BUT, if armory is ON along with Aura the first one crashes a lot. As mentioned by Bright, both programs feel laggy/slow etc etc. Had also several "please connect a rog device" errors popped up after syncing.

chris1407 wrote:
Hey Bahz,
tnx for your reply! Yeah we know that! But it didn't work even in wired.
After countless uninstalls/reinstalls, playing with both aura and armory for no apparent reason aura finally listed Spatha as "mouse" next to Group/Mobo. Sync is working now BUT, if armory is ON along with Aura the first one crashes a lot. As mentioned by Bright, both programs feel laggy/slow etc etc. Had also several "please connect a rog device" errors popped up after syncing.

I don't even know if we are supposed to have the Armory software loaded up while the Aura software is. The Spatha has its own memory so the settings would be kept but alerts like battery life won't show. Can we get any documentation on this stuff?

I'm disappointed.
I just bought this Spartha expecting it to work with Aura to have everything synchronized just to find out that it is not.
I feel ripped off. Then to find that this has been an issue for MONTHS... :mad:

Brighttail
Level 11
Even wired it isn't working. 😞

*edit*
Okay I uninstalled both the Aura and Armory software and reinstalled the Spatha software first, then the Aura software. Restarted the computer and NOW I see a mouse tab in the Aura software. It is a bit odd since I can't click on it. I can click on the motherboard tab right next to it. So this confused me for a bit then I noticed that when you have the 'combo' tab selected, there is a button that you can check to "sync all areas" and "sync mouse"

While it works, there is a definite and noticeable lag between the colour shifting of the MB and the mouse. Since the mouse software is still in beta I'm assuming Asus is working on this.

As a suggestion, Bahz, the mouse software allows me to select the colours I wish to cycle through on the mouse, but the Aura software doesn't really allow this yet. I can choose rainbow or colour cycle which just goes through a preset cycle of colours and the colour wheel is unavailable. It would be nice to set the colours we want to cycle through as we can on the mouse.

A secondary bug that has been in and out of the Aura program through the various updates is when I go to select a static colour, lets say red. I choose on the colour triangle the furthest left and lower point for the brighest red possible. I click apply and it is set on the motherboard. If I close the Aura program and restart it or restart the computer, the point that I selected on the triangle has changed. The point is now about 1/3 up the left diagonal to the top and my colour has changed. I have to start AURA and reset the colour to keep it. I'm good then until I restart Aura for something else or restart the computer. This bug was around in the earlier versions of Aura, disappeared in the previous build and is back again now.

All that being said, I know it is a work in process. It would be nice if there was some documentation available. When you say, "it only works in wired mode" that may be true, but not everyone would know about it. The software isn't intuitive as I explained above and had to play around with it. Still it is damn impressive technology. I wish I had a Strix GPU and Claymore to see it all in one package. I think with some future updates and if Asus can make it where the user can do more with the colours, it will be absolutely brilliant. For me I love being able to type on a keyboard with a ripple effect. Imagine how it would look if I'm typing and as the ripple goes to the right, it ripples through the mouse and to the left the motherboard/GPU. 🙂 That would be really hard to do I'm sure and there are limitations. As I mentioned before in another post, I was watching the Aura program taking up to 20% of my GPU processing power at one time. I think it got stuck doing something because once I restarted it, the program dropped to 4%. However as the day goes on it would creep up to 5, 10, 15% so that is another little bug that needs to be looked at.

Bottom line it is amazing technology. Unfortunately there is more things you can do with the Spatha when it comes to customization than you can with the Aura software. If Asus can make the Aura work like the Armory it will be a beast.

Crasje
Level 12
I am having the same problem, its end of 2018 now.. wired Spatha, don't see it in aura

Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1300W ATX
Asus ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme
Intel Core i9-12.900k
ROG Ryujin 360
Corsair DDR5 Dominator Platinum RGB 2x32GB 5600Mhz
Samsung 980 PRO 2TB M.2 SSD (2x)
Seagate Firecuda 1TB
ROG RTX3080-O10G-Gaming
Monitor 1: ROG STRIX XG349C
Monitor 2: Samsung HDTV T27D590
ROG Claymore
ROG Spatha X
ROG Balteus Qi
Windows 11
😉

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Crasje wrote:
I am having the same problem, its end of 2018 now.. wired Spatha, don't see it in aura

Can you please report this in the latest Aura thread?
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?105774-AURA-SYNC-1-07-22-Beta-Report-Issues-Here

Have you tried the suggested actions?
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?102305-Please-read-before-posting-any-new-Spatha-threads