cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Microphone volume

Marked
Level 7
I have seen this get posted multiple times now, and there is still no statement or official workaround?
why the hell is the microphone sound so damn quiet? I have to boost it up so hard that you hear more noise floor than voice, and once i speak louder it starts distorting like hell.
I am using sennheiser Game One's, and the sound was sublime on my 2009 PC...
9 REPLIES 9

Marked
Level 7
it is the old rampage V extreme... just this is a reason for me to return the board but i cant afford to take any time off waiting for a refund... jobs..

Chino
Level 15

Marked
Level 7
both same issue. sound just way too low and this seems to be known.

Additionally, the EQ sounds like a ****ty software EQ sucking up all the mids and highs when turning up the bass.
the microphone settings, noise cancelling etc doesnt work at all and when enabled, teamspeak cant pick up the mic giving me an error

Marked
Level 7
sorry what?

Marked
Level 7
im talking about the microphone and the rampage V (old one). there is no sonic senseamp for the mic o_o

Chino
Level 15
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/RAMPAGE_V_EXTREME/specifications/

ROG SupremeFX 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming, Front Panel Jack-retasking
- SupremeFX Shielding Technology
- ELNA® premium audio capacitors
Audio Feature :
- Blu-ray audio layer Content Protection
- DTS Connect
- Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel
- Sonic SoundStage
- Sonic SenseAmp
- Sonic Studio
- Sonic Radar II

I just gave up in the end and used an El Cheapo USB one.

I use my PC for work and to join calls and couldn't live with the useless onboard one!
Gotterdammerung: Rampage V Extreme | Intel I7-5930K | 32GB Corsair Dominator 2666 | EVGA GTX 980 SC x3
Kingston HyperX Predator 480GB | Corsair Neutron XT 960GB | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair 900D | EK RVE Monoblock | EK 980 GTX Blocks

GOOSE: STRIX Z390I Gaming | Intel i9-9900KF | 32GB Vengeance RGB 3200 | STRIX Vega 64 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB x2
Corsair SF 750 | Phanteks Evolv Shift X | EK Z390I Monoblock | EK Strix Vega 64 GPU Block