cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios 2202 Qfan Oprimaisation Lockup

NIKO-IN-IRELAND
Level 7
When i do an optimisation with qfan and then try to save, the bios will freeze, the only way out is a hard reset.

At the moment i have to run my chassis fans in DC mode or they are on full speed all the time when in PWM mode, regardless of what i set them to, any changes i make in PWM mode are ignored, i think there must be some corrupt data from a failed qfan optimisation because the fan graphs are acting strange as well.

Qfan still plays up after i load the bios safe defaults, so possibly the Qfan optimisations values don't get reset?

Qfan worked fine in the previous bios and i would like to flash back to it, how do i flash to the previous bios that was working ok, BIOS 2001 ?
6 REPLIES 6

Legolas
Level 9
When set 2202, did you try load as default in BIOS and power off and on the motherboard and try do Qfan in BIOS again?
Sincerely,
Legolas

fpollan
Level 8
NIKO-IN-IRELAND wrote:
When i do an optimisation with qfan and then try to save, the bios will freeze, the only way out is a hard reset.

At the moment i have to run my chassis fans in DC mode or they are on full speed all the time when in PWM mode, regardless of what i set them to, any changes i make in PWM mode are ignored, i think there must be some corrupt data from a failed qfan optimisation because the fan graphs are acting strange as well.

Qfan still plays up after i load the bios safe defaults, so possibly the Qfan optimisations values don't get reset?

Qfan worked fine in the previous bios and i would like to flash back to it, how do i flash to the previous bios that was working ok, BIOS 2001 ?

Same here.

Severan
Level 8
Qfan in bios is borked in this latest bios, roll back or use the software thinggie. I'm still in the 17xx version bios cuz of this. I'd rather keep my fans silent.

Severan wrote:
Qfan in bios is borked in this latest bios, roll back or use the software thinggie. I'm still in the 17xx version bios cuz of this. I'd rather keep my fans silent.

I flashed back to Bios ver 2001 and the problem is even worse LOL, what was the last known working bios where Qfan worked ?
When i do the "Optimise all" it comes back with some crazy numbers.

ROG Maximus Hero VIII
BIOS 2202

I've had the same BIOS freeze, but I've found a workaround:

EZ Mode/QFan Control - THIS FREEZES

WORKAROUND
Advanced Mode/Monitor/QFan Configuation/QFan Tuning - NO FREEZE
The fans run at the new lower speeds in Windows.

I've tried this several times.

Carbonicdk
Level 8
I'm still on the 1902 bios due to this. The issue is also mentioned in my old thread located here:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?85432-QFan-in-Bios-doesn-t-work