cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need replacement LCD screen / display for G73

MaxG73jh
Level 7
So the time has come to retire the old trusty G73JH.... I can't see myself ever using it again, I've had a G750jm for a while now and I may get a newer model and keep that for a spare.

So in order to sell it in proper condition, I need to find a replacement LCD screen / display for it. The original worked perfectly until my gf dinged it one day. The screen connects and lights up with cracks / dark spot where it was impacted. I'm the original owner and it's in mint condition with the original box, ect, so it seems pointless to sell it as is when it's in mint condition.

I while back I had a thread and link to a retailer (i think screen doctors?) where you could find a good quality cheap replacement LCD panel, but I seem to have lost it. Can anyone tell me where I can find a replacement for a decent price? There is a OEM one with the full lid/screen/hinges for 50$ used I've seen, but from what I remember the brand new panel was only around 70$. Also - Are all G73 model screens compatible with the G73JH?

The cheaper the better, but I don't want to put a junk screen in it.

Edit - Found the screen surgeons site again... price is up to 100$, f that.

These look promising
https://www.amazon.com/LAPTOP-SCREEN-Full-HD-SUBSTITUTE-REPLACEMENT/dp/B0043TTYFG
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004KT2L0O/ref=psdc_2612045011_t2_B0043TTYFG

The 60$ one actually has free shipping and fulfillment through amazon prime 😮 best bet or?
2 REPLIES 2

JustinThyme
Level 13
MaxG73jh wrote:
So the time has come to retire the old trusty G73JH.... I can't see myself ever using it again, I've had a G750jm for a while now and I may get a newer model and keep that for a spare.

So in order to sell it in proper condition, I need to find a replacement LCD screen / display for it. The original worked perfectly until my gf dinged it one day. The screen connects and lights up with cracks / dark spot where it was impacted. I'm the original owner and it's in mint condition with the original box, ect, so it seems pointless to sell it as is when it's in mint condition.

I while back I had a thread and link to a retailer (i think screen doctors?) where you could find a good quality cheap replacement LCD panel, but I seem to have lost it. Can anyone tell me where I can find a replacement for a decent price? There is a OEM one with the full lid/screen/hinges for 50$ used I've seen, but from what I remember the brand new panel was only around 70$. Also - Are all G73 model screens compatible with the G73JH?

The cheaper the better, but I don't want to put a junk screen in it.

Edit - Found the screen surgeons site again... price is up to 100$, f that.

These look promising
https://www.amazon.com/LAPTOP-SCREEN-Full-HD-SUBSTITUTE-REPLACEMENT/dp/B0043TTYFG
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004KT2L0O/ref=psdc_2612045011_t2_B0043TTYFG

The 60$ one actually has free shipping and fulfillment through amazon prime 😮 best bet or?

$100 is cheap for a replacement. anything other than OEM is a risk. Ive seen them mostly over $200 and up to $300.

If you are looking to put in aftermarket for under $100 I hate to be the bearer of bad news, they are junk screens. Losts of feedback with dead pixels.. You get what you pay for.

Another alternative is to buy an old one, wait they are all old ones.......Anyhow keep an eye on Ebay, you can usually pic up antique machines there for next to nothing then part it out.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

The aftermarket Amazon one comes with 1 year warranty and has lots of 5 star reviews, but I also mentioned there is a full OEM G73jh used screen with back lid, hinges ect for like 50$ that I came across so you think that might be the better bet?

Everything is mint on my G73 so I really just need the new screen, but I also don't want to sell it to someone and have the new screen take a crap right away. G73's only go for a few hundred nowadays so it wouldn't be worth paying any more just to sell it for hardly anything.