CPU CoolerSTOCK
    Casei dont know
    Power SupplyEVGA
    Keyboard LOGITECH
    Mouse LOGITECH
    Headset COBRA
    Mouse Pad ASUS
    OS WINDWOS 10

im surprise no one mentioned Heroes of the Storm and Smite in this discussion
    Programmer By Day, Gamer By Night

Ex-employee Array

Quote Originally Posted by mohamad3333 View Post
    I know the competition has ended, but after i read some comments about dota 2, I'd have to say there were some good points there, like the complex mechanics and that all characters are for free. No one encouraged smite enough here. I played smite since beta.
    When you talk about Gameplay: In smite you don't have to move the mouse to follow your character and there is no light area around you that shows your enemy and a dark area that hide them, it only exists on the map. as while your playing you can see as far as possible, even if they don't appear on map. You have easier control of the character as its a first-shooter-person style. which is the most unique between all. where you have to keep a sharp ear and sight on the the field, and the map ofc,and rotate the mouse for aiming . and that is the main reason i play.
    Even though it has many Over Powered characters, and you hardly get a decent game. the fact that its a first-shooter-person game makes it at top. as for those decent games there would be an incredible gameplay and incredible stability and balance, that they last for an hour at least. But stability in smite is almost non existent, and the balance is almost always off. I play smite for those rare balanced games.
    As for the Community, it sucks. many afk players and feeders. But recently they actually started banning people.
    If you compare Graphics between smite and another game, I believe smite should at top.
    Very interesting insight on Smite, thanks for sharing!

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by shinz14 View Post
    that's because DOTA2 had that much players and community member all over the world
    This is my favorite aspect. Get Players round the clock without waiting.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    The third battle is a new type of battle; it’s a “debate.” Share with us your thoughts on which game title you feel is the true champion of MOBA games. The obvious choices are LoL (League of Legends) and DOTA 2, but is there something else that belongs in this discussion?

This battle begins on December 8th 2016 at 8:00pm (UTC+8) and ends on December 22nd 2016 at 8:00pm (UTC+8).

Don’t just share your choice, tell us why and prove it with your passion for the game! Only one submission for this topic but you may discuss and debate with others to earn additional entries for the grand prize draw.

See prizes and complete rules below:

Biweekly battle topic prizes
    Attachment 60890
    1st Prize – ROG Goodies Box (filled with a ton of exclusive ROG swag)
    2nd Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
    3rd Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
    4th Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)

Grand Prizes (draw will take place between January 5th 2017 – Janurary 11th 2017)
    Attachment 60891

Rules

• Provide your answer on which game title you think is the best MOBA game and provide your reasoning and facts to back it up. Only entries that meet these criteria will be considered a valid entry.
    • Limit one entry per person for the biweekly prize draw but no limit for additional entries for the grand prize draw
    • Additional qualified replies/comments will earn you additional entries for the grand prize draw. All additional qualified replies/comments on this thread or the other 3 battle topic threads will be accepted as additional entries up until January 4th 2017
    • Qualified replies/comments must have substance and not 1-2 word replies and are helpful in carrying forward the discussion. The eligibility of each reply/comment will be determined by our ROG forum admins.
    • Winners will be announced on the ROG website 4 days after the conclusion of the battle (December 26th 2016).

For complete rules for this campaign, please visit the official campaign thread:
    https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthrea...FFICIAL-THREAD
    Who won, please? Cheers

Ex-employee Array

The announcement will be delayed, we'll be postponing the announcement to Dec 30th

ROG Enthusiast Array DJFulcrum PC Specs
    DJFulcrum PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Aorus X7 v2
    MotherboardASUS H81-GAMER
    ProcessorIntel ® Core™ i7-4790
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance 8GB x 2 DDR3-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1XFX AMD Radeon™ R9 280X Black Edition Double Dissipation
    Sound CardASUS SupremeFX
    MonitorASUS VE228H
    Storage #1SSD Crucial BX100 250GB
    Storage #2HDD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM - 64MB Cache
    CPU CoolerCM HYPER 212X
    CaseCorsair Carbide Series ® 200R
    Power SupplyCorsair CX Series™ CX750M
    Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming M65 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse
    Headset CM Storm Resonar
    Mouse Pad Razer Destructor Hard Gaming Mouse Mat
    Headset/Speakers Creative Inspire T6200 5.1 Speakers
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterTP-Link TD-W8960N
    Accessory #1 Logitech WingMan Extreme Digital 3D
    Accessory #2 Logitech WingMan Formula GP

Quote Originally Posted by davidlesterbaron View Post
    im surprise no one mentioned Heroes of the Storm and Smite in this discussion
    It had been mentioned, but lacking elaboration. DOTA 2 players went deep into discussion their game.

ROG Enthusiast Array DJFulcrum PC Specs
    DJFulcrum PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Aorus X7 v2
    MotherboardASUS H81-GAMER
    ProcessorIntel ® Core™ i7-4790
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance 8GB x 2 DDR3-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1XFX AMD Radeon™ R9 280X Black Edition Double Dissipation
    Sound CardASUS SupremeFX
    MonitorASUS VE228H
    Storage #1SSD Crucial BX100 250GB
    Storage #2HDD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM - 64MB Cache
    CPU CoolerCM HYPER 212X
    CaseCorsair Carbide Series ® 200R
    Power SupplyCorsair CX Series™ CX750M
    Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming M65 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse
    Headset CM Storm Resonar
    Mouse Pad Razer Destructor Hard Gaming Mouse Mat
    Headset/Speakers Creative Inspire T6200 5.1 Speakers
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterTP-Link TD-W8960N
    Accessory #1 Logitech WingMan Extreme Digital 3D
    Accessory #2 Logitech WingMan Formula GP

Quote Originally Posted by mohamad3333 View Post
    I know the competition has ended, but after i read some comments about dota 2, I'd have to say there were some good points there, like the complex mechanics and that all characters are for free. No one encouraged smite enough here. I played smite since beta.
    When you talk about Gameplay: In smite you don't have to move the mouse to follow your character and there is no light area around you that shows your enemy and a dark area that hide them, it only exists on the map. as while your playing you can see as far as possible, even if they don't appear on map. You have easier control of the character as its a first-shooter-person style. which is the most unique between all. where you have to keep a sharp ear and sight on the the field, and the map ofc,and rotate the mouse for aiming . and that is the main reason i play.
    Even though it has many Over Powered characters, and you hardly get a decent game. the fact that its a first-shooter-person game makes it at top. as for those decent games there would be an incredible gameplay and incredible stability and balance, that they last for an hour at least. But stability in smite is almost non existent, and the balance is almost always off. I play smite for those rare balanced games.
    As for the Community, it sucks. many afk players and feeders. But recently they actually started banning people.
    If you compare Graphics between smite and another game, I believe smite should at top.
    Since this thread is largely rivalling LoL against DOTA 2, vice versa. I brought Paragon into the discussion, but I did not have any ‘current’ game to compare it to as it has been some time since I have played DOTA 1 or 2 and LoL. The best game to compare it to is Smite, and yeah, I know this competition thread has closed. What I had to do was to do an overview on Smite, what it is today, and to read the opinions made by both communities.

Paragon is still a Beta game; game content is still in development and the characters are unbalanced at this stage to make it a competitive product.
    Similarities between Smite and Paragon:

- Free to play (and console ready)
    - Third-person MOBA
    - ‘Destroy to Win (Conquest)’ game mode

The advantages Paragon has over Smite:

- Long games
    - Less characters (less balancing maintenance)
    - Vertical maps
    - Card system
    - Big map, and since the latest ‘MAJOR’ update includes a small map.
    - Unreal Engine 4 (best graphics)
    - Battle movement speed/sprint movement speed
    - Less game modes (more coming)
    - Less balanced
    - Hard escape
    - Replays

The advantages Smite has over Paragon:

- Quick games
    - More characters (more balancing maintenance)
    - Less verticality
    - Item purchases
    - Small map
    - Unreal Engine 3 (optimal graphics, more compatible with older PC hardware)
    - Fast movement speed
    - More game modes
    - More balanced
    - Easy escape
    - No replays

The above may vary between players, some may see negatives in the above, but games are tailored to suit a desired market. Both these games will be 60 FPS unlocked on the consoles in time, I do not know whether Paragon has been unlocked now.

The one big advantage that Paragon has over Smite is the card system which allows player customisation and team based strategies which invokes a burst in the short or/and long game. It is debatable whether item purchases are more suited than a card system and which presents more diversity.

At the end, Smite is an polished product and is supported by an larger community. Paragon is gaining traction, and some do see it as a more attractive alternative.

New ROGer Array

DOTA 2...... i have friends there.

ROG Member Array

The best MOBA game is the one you can play with your friends.

Mine would be DotA (the first one, over Warcraft III) because it can run over Intel HD graphics. Hehehe.

ROG Guru: Green Belt Array AkaNe0 PC Specs
    AkaNe0 PC Specs
    MotherboardMaximus X Formula
    Processori7-8700K
    Memory (part number)G.skill Trident-Z RGB
    Graphics Card #1Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    CaseOpenBenchtable
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME Platinum 1000W
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Pugio

Winners of the Battle #3 just have been announced! Thanks everyone for your participation, and here are the chosen ones:

1st Prize – ROG Goodies Box (filled with a ton of exclusive ROG swag)
    Yuten - Dota 2
    2nd Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
    DaRkKenX - League of Legends
    3rd Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
    TenshiLX - Dota 2 + LoL
    4th Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
    Hadid21Vpro - Dota 2

More details on the article - so hit the link.
    And don't forget, Keep pushing it !

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast