Headset CM Storm Resonar
    Mouse Pad Razer Destructor Hard Gaming Mouse Mat
    Headset/Speakers Creative Inspire T6200 5.1 Speakers
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterTP-Link TD-W8960N
    Accessory #1 Logitech WingMan Extreme Digital 3D
    Accessory #2 Logitech WingMan Formula GP

Quote Originally Posted by AkaNe@Asus View Post
    Winners of the Battle #3 just have been announced! Thanks everyone for your participation, and here are the chosen ones:

1st Prize – ROG Goodies Box (filled with a ton of exclusive ROG swag)
    Yuten - Dota 2
    2nd Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
    DaRkKenX - League of Legends
    3rd Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
    TenshiLX - Dota 2 + LoL
    4th Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
    Hadid21Vpro - Dota 2

More details on the article - so hit the link.
    Congratulations to you all!

New ROGer Array

Smile

Thankyou!

Congratulations to all the winners and people who participated in this giveaway.

From Estonia, which New Years will hit in 6 minutes, I wish you a Happy New Year and to have a great time at your home with your family/friends/spouse or whoever you are with.

Have a good time,

TenshiLX

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by AkaNe@Asus View Post
    Winners of the Battle #3 just have been announced! Thanks everyone for your participation, and here are the chosen ones:

1st Prize – ROG Goodies Box (filled with a ton of exclusive ROG swag)
    Yuten - Dota 2
    2nd Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
    DaRkKenX - League of Legends
    3rd Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
    TenshiLX - Dota 2 + LoL
    4th Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
    Hadid21Vpro - Dota 2

More details on the article - so hit the link.
    Congratulations to all the winners. The entries are definitely a good read.

Ex-employee Array

Congrats to all the winners!

I just wanted to mention there were too many good answers so we took the top 30 best answers and randomly picked 4 winners, we made sure everyone who spent the time to provide a good answer had an equal chance to win.

Happy New Year and good luck to everyone with the rest of the campaign!
    Last edited by Bahz; 01-01-2017 at 01:09 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by raptormigs View Post
    Well, for me I really don't like to compare which one is the best MOBA game because I play DOTA, LoL and Smite. I chose Dota because it's my first ever MOBA game since when I was a kid. I started playing that game and I grew up with it seeing it get mature and improve ever since. I also remember that before we can buy Aegis hahaha. Defense of the Ancients 2 for me is the number one MOBA game because it is well-balanced. The heroes are awesome. They have unique skills that can be enhanced by buying items. You have to be the best at making strategies to be one of the top players out there. Maybe someday you'll see me play in Majors. That's my dream. DOTA 2 IS THE BEST MOBA GAME.
    DOTA is also the very first moba I played. I believe I was in high school when I started playing it. I remember those days when denying your own creeps will turn you into a chicken. I became really addicted to DOTA but I never got really good at it. I haven't tried DOTA 2 yet but I believe not much has changed? And good luck on your dream.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by leopretorius View Post
    There is always this misconception that different MOBA players hate each other, but that's just a small majority of the community. We are after all gamers and thus most likely competitive in-game and in the real world, so we feel that need to compete with others regarding our titles we choose to play and love and that's what keeps our favorite titles on tip of there toes to impress and keeps the development cycle active giving us great games in return.

I've been playing DOTA since ice frog was the one and only king of MOBA. So as the game evolved I evolved with it and for me especially looking back I can't believe how far the game has come. For the amount of things that stayed the same, the things that changes just keeps me coming back for more. The excellent mechanics and balance (there has been issues ) and the community that just keeps getting bigger and bigger makes all the matches a challenge forcing you to up your game and adapt to a ever changing dynamic. That's why DOTA is king and so many other titles copied that same song and dance to compete with it on a global stage.
    Yeah, I honestly don't get those people who have to insult others for playing a different moba game. I had an old friend who was being a prick to us because he plays DOTA and we played LOL. It's as if he's just upset that we're not playing with him on his favorite game. I think people have the right to choose whatever title they feel like. Is Ice Frog no longer working on DOTA 2? I'm not really updated with what's going on there. I stopped playing DOTA during the time the phoenix was released, and I've been avoiding DOTA 2 for a long time now because I don't want to get addicted to it.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by ygalion View Post
    Still dota2 is the best. One of MOBA genre creator works on it. This game is completely free and open- all heroes are there for everyone to play. This game is more mature than others, no silly oversized boobs and silly childish skins because its seruius game with serijus character saving world. Also this is team game where in LOL one champion can win all game, in Dota2 only a team play can win. But i think most eill agree, Dota2 has been changed and not for the best. I dont play it for some time. I dont want to buy compendium all the time, but most prpblem is bad players where pkaying 1h match and 1 bad olayer in team and you start regret wasted time. I remember when game were in beta, so much good players, lot of events.
    Ah yes, one of the things I dislike about League of Legends is that you have to buy the champions to be able to use them or wait for them to be available on the weekly rotation. While I understand that it's their way of discouraging players to use complicated champions, I still feel like making them available to practice whenever is a much better system. Hm, while League of Legends maybe easier to play then DOTA, I don't really believe that one champion can carry an entire team. Teamplay is still very important in League of Legends.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by levluc View Post
    Matter of taste. Dota 2 is a bit harder than LoL since it has more mechanics (turn rate, denying, runes, etc) and I felt like the heroes were more balanced than the champions in LoL, but LoL was much easier for me to get into.
    Both are very hardcore games with a steep learning curve, but LoL seems a bit more casual than Dota 2. Dota 2 on the other hand is much more rewarding and actually managed to keep my interest for two years now, while I got bored by LoL after 6 months.
    But ultimately it comes down to personal preference.

I would play both of them but if i have to Decide i have to take Dota
    I very much agree with this. It seems that League of Legends intentionally wanted their game to have faster matches, and for it to be easily learned by anyone. While DOTA requires a lot of knowledge and practice. I don't believe that a "harder" a game is the better it is. Sometimes that's a bad thing. So at the end of the day, it's really up to your personal preference, if you want a challenging game or if you want a more relaxing game.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by danzzal View Post
    I've played Dota since 2007. There were no other MOBA games that was popular as Dota during that time, so I assume Dota is the first successful MOBA game internationally, especially in China and SEA region. Correct me if I'm wrong. So, for me, Dota 2 is the best MOBA games. There would be few reasons why I choose Dota 2, and they are:

1. The developer

Dota is one of the oldest MOBA games that always receive updates, and improvements since 2003. What really make the game stand out is that the developer listens to the player. They were plenty of developers involved in making this game, but the one that really listen and well known, is known as Ice Frog. What really make the game stand out is that the Dota community is deeply involved in the making of the game. I still remembered some of the heroes are made based on community's suggestion. One of the was Puck. For me, this is the reason why Dota is one of the game that stand strong until now.

2. Game mechanics

This will always be my first reason on why I played Dota 2. Dota 2 have a more complex mechanics. One of them is denying our own creeps to deny our enemy's gold and experience. This complex mechanics really make the game to have a very high degree of freedom to play. What I mean by that, there will be extremely large combinations of heroes and play styles that can win the game. Almost everything can work. This can be seen on competitive matches lately. Currently, out of 110 heroes pools in Captains mode that are possible to be picked, almost 95% of them are picked and this was just about matches from now like Boston Majors, to 8 months ago! This really shows that there are literally countless of possible combinations and all of them can work. They also keep adding and improving the mechanics.

3. Dota 2 community

Most games will have toxic players and I can't deny that. Even Dota 2 is one of them. But, most of the toxic players in Dota 2 are not like in the other games. Most of them are "funny" and made me laugh as Dota 2 community mostly made up of people that really like dank memes. Even some of the toxic behaviour get recorded and turned to be memes and get posted on the internet. I love this community, full of xd, ez game, mid or feed, etc.

I can see this game will continue to grow in the future with the current trend.
    Yeah, I don't think there were any other moba around the time DOTA was popular. While the map's idea itself was taken from a custom Starcraft map, DOTA map is the one that became really popular. A developer that listens to their player is a good thing, although it can be a bad thing if they get pressured to do something that ruins the game just because a bunch of people are whining about something. The statistics you mentioned is very interesting, it makes me wonder if there is something similar for League of Legends' champions.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Yuten View Post
    Dota 2. Though my heart is begging me to actually say:"DOTA 2 EZ GGWP!!!"

Well let's breakdown what "best" means:
    1) Overall enjoyment
    2) Game design
    3)Upkeep and Improvement
    4)Visuals (Graphics)
    5)Community and how it's controlled

Man, finding a decent match in original DOTA was a pain in the ass. I'm honestly thankful that they decided to create their own game, causing other MOBAs to appear. Having their own system really made finding a match easier.

Are there only few skillshots in DOTA? League of Legends didn't have much complex mechanics, but now that you've mentioned it, I realize that a lot of champions in League of Legends has a skillshot-based skill. When my friends told me about LoL and told me about the summoner skills. I honestly thought it was a bit lame that champions have the ability to flash for free, even in and out of combat.

Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast