81 27.84%
  • DOTA 2

161 55.33%
  • Other

49 16.84%
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by danzzal View Post
    One more thing about why Dota 2 is really special and why it's a heavily community driven game.

1. Dota 2 have custom games just like the old days in Warcraft engine that uses World Editor. Dota 2 allows other people to create it's own game using Dota 2 Workshop tools! Currently there are plenty of custom games that are very fun to play, plenty of tower defense games, RPG games and even LoL mod is in Dota 2. For me, it's really good for people who want to take a break from playing Dota 2 without leaving Dota 2 client.

Attachment 60935
    Image taken from Dota2.com

2. Dota 2 also allows other people to create their own cosmetic items and submit them into the game. When accepted, they can get some commission based on the sales. People can even make serious money in the game.
    Wow, I wasn't aware of this. This means players can play those other custom maps from Warcraft III again? Provided that someone created it for DOTA 2. I would honestly love to play Hero Siege and it seems it has been recreated there. Another favorite custom map that I would love to see recreated on DOTA 2 would be GOH or Guild of Hyppos. I'm not sure if anyone here has played that but it's pretty addictive. And ah, It's nice of them to actually give money to those who suggest good cosmetic items. I wish something like that was applied on League of Legends too.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by angelanz2 View Post
    Well, for me, it's always been DOTA 2, ive played dota since elementary school, that was when dota was based on warcraft 3 frozen throne. And now i really enjoyed DOTA 2 more than ever, it teaches you how to cooperate with people around Asia (since im Indonesian), there are lots of trashtalk most of the time during the game, but to me its what makes the game alive. Sometimes you argue the whole game about who's fault for causing the team to lose, no supports whatsoever. But yea then again, it's lively and fun. Other coll things about dota is that, there is never the strongest, either the person nor the DOTA heroes. In-game hero is always constantly changing (abilities, stats, and items) and there is absolutely no domination over who's the best player, cause its not a 1 on 1 game, its a 5 on 5, it requires team work.
    Tournaments are so far the biggest in fan and prize. And the thrill to be there watching, supporting, and cheering for your team is just one of those best memories you have. Even thought i personally dont get the chance to be at the International (biggest dota 2 tournaments), streaming the games at home with friends is simply joyful.
    Another cool thing about Dota is that you can also play some sort of mini games or custom game, in which you can either create a game or play someone else's game. There is also a custom made items for in-game heroes. This feature lets you create and design items as much as you imagine, then upload it to DOTA 2 community for voting, and highest vote get their items to be featured and posted for selling.
    Last but not least, the game. It has many things in common compared to LoL or HON, only to me, DOTA requires more skills and mostly teamwork. The map are mostly the same. DOTA heroes are harder to control and master (meepo, invoker, magnus,etc). No matter how skilled you are, or how high your reflexes is, it still goes down to team communication, initiation, and plans. But dont get me wrong though, individual skills also matters, like alot. The graphics are way better than LoL and HON, which makes your eyes glittering with astonishment.
    I've learned many so far with DOTA, including english, patience, solving situation, how to lead, carry and sometimes be the sidekick of the game, and not to give up even in most desperate times.
    So, i hope this inspire you in the least to sneak a peek on DOTA for those of you who hasn't got their hands on DOTA and try the game. And Chill, there's also a ranked system called MMR, a bit challenging i suppose. Thats it from me, see ya.
    I started playing DOTA from Warcraft 3 at an early age too. The game is honestly more fun if you play with classmates or friends. Instead of playing alone. I don't know about "no strongest" but there was a time here when everyone was using Shadow Fiend and dominating with it all the time. Although I heard that that is not the cast with DOTA 2, so it seems that they're doing better with balancing their heroes now.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by spartan_hoplite View Post
    DOTA 2 may be the most popular MOBA games, but I think the graphic is already outdated. Now I love Paragon more because the graphic is really nice with the latest Unreal Engine 4 technology.
    You can play Dota2 with low ends PC/Laptop( dual core, dx10 vga and 4gb Ram will runs fine) but to play Paragon you definitely need a ROG Class Laptop/PC.
    My point is, if you have ROG PC/laptop then what for you keep spending more time with old DX10 games when there is a newer better games. We need to move on.
    Whoa, I just looked at the trailer of this and it looks pretty amazing. The graphics is stunning and in addition to that, it is also in third-person view, which is my personal favorite style. I got to admin, after all the replies here about DOTA 2, it made me want to try it. But seeing this game, I feel like I'm more tempted to play this one instead of DOTA 2. I'm glad you mentioned it. I hope the game has good servers and it keeps growing.

ROG Enthusiast Array

There's reason for that. Not everyone could afford high end gaming rig. There's a survey that Steam conducted, and guess what, the most used GPU is GTX 970, which is at 4.9% of the overall players and it's still extremely small. Based on current trend, GTX 750 Ti will take over that place soon. Here's the link to the conducted survey: http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/

My main point is, they don't make Dota 2 graphic outdated without any logical reasons. They set a constraint to game graphics at specific level, (preferable lowest as possible but not too low), thus lowering the barrier to entry, so that more players can play the game, even with potato rig. Even when you want to create a cosmetic item, there's specific number of polygons allowed before you can submit it into the game. Being able to reach out more players is much more important than having a good graphics. But that's my opinion, feel free to give your own
    You make a good point. Targeting a bigger audience to sell your product is always better. Although, it's not like the users can't adjust their settings. DOTA 2, if they wish, could make the game have really stunning graphics that can only be played by those with really high-end PCs. (I don't know if that already exists, because I don't play DOTA 2). And Paragon could add a low graphic settings, so that it can be played by people with low-end PCs. But with that said, it means that Paragon cannot rely on its good graphics alone. The gameplay has to be good so it can be appreciated even by players who can't enjoy the realistic graphics.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by DJFulcrum View Post
    The best MOBA, not an original, but a new entry to the genre, Paragon.

Why Paragon? Though a game still in development, but playable, it is rich with what is missing in the traditional mix. It is competitively paced, it promotes teamwork and allows a player to customise his/her own individual playstyle. It took the good elements which made its competitors shine, and improved on them. It is the best game in its MOBA stable as opposed to the lacklustre Battleborn.

Since the game is still in development there is much to resolve, especially the balance, but the cards, character and Paragon points add a uniqueness to the overall quality. It also speaks to FPS players which is unreluctantly to place their time at MOBA’s like LoL and Dota2, like me which had a disastrous experience at LoL.

From strength to strength.
    Good point. I know some friends who are really bad at MOBA games but are good at shooter games. I'm the opposite but I still do enjoy shooter games. Paragon seems to be a combination of MOBA + Orcs Must Die gameplay. I think this game needs to be advertised more if they want more players to join. They should add their game on Steam at least.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Xxzero0000 View Post
    In my opinion, i think LoL is better than DOTA2. I've played LoL for 2 years and played DOTA2 maybe only 10 games. For the gameplay,I think LoL harder than DOTA2. Coz, LoL prioritizing Skill first. For the example skillshot on LoL you have to aim the target manually. Another case in Dota2 you can use skillshot automatically (my experience playing Luna Moonfang). So, in this case i think DOTA2 easier than LoL.
    Other reason why i love to play LoL is there are many interesting changes each patch(buff/nerf to champion skill/item) which is made that game more interesting. I dont know DOTA2 has same / more interesting features than LoL.
    Thanks for reading my opinion, all comments welcome within reason.

Sorry for my bad English 😞😞😞
    I played a lot of League of Legends too but I'd have to disagree that LoL is harder than DOTA 2. The mechanics for DOTA 2 is way more complex. Honestly, I feel like the only thing that is "hard" for LoL are the skillshots, other than that, nada. But that's what make League of Legends good too. It can be enjoyed by anyone easily without needing to learn a bunch of things. Although personally, I wish LoL would get complicated over time, at least add denying your own minions.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by seirafrncsc View Post
    Initiating a skill or skill shot in dota 2 depends on which hero/champion you are using, I play both games (around 4800 hrs on dota, around 500 hrs on LoL and to add, maybe around 6000 hours on dota 1 which is both LoL and dota 2's base game). LoL is fun and fast paced because the game mechanics are pretty much easier than dota.Dota/dota 2's game mechanics are harder, can't explain cause there are tons of reasons, there are even pro games reaching 2 hours. Also both games surely do those interesting changes which are both the same.

Conclusions is:

1. Both game came from 1 root which is dota 1.

2. I think it's not that valid to compare LoL and DotA 2 since they are different from each other, they have vast differences on game mechanics.

3. Both are fun

4. For me, Both LoL and DotA 2 communities are currently supporting each other, which is supposed to be from the start.

5. As of now, due to recent patches of both LoL and DotA 2, DotA 2 is currently the best MOBA game. This might change in the future since most games are evolving thru time.

Sidenote: Most Dota 2 Community is hating LoL because of the pendragon incident, if it didn't happen, both community will be at peace and will be called literally sister games because of their root.
    Jeez, two hours? I don't watch League of Legends professional games but I don't think any of them have reached two hours. Not saying that's a bad thing, but that's got to be stressing if you're the player. My personal record of longest match must be 1 hour at most, and that already gave me a headache. Wait, so are DOTA 2 community supporting or hating? And if I may ask, what's the Pendragon incident? I haven't heard about that one before.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I think I have to disagree with the easy and skillshot part.

The difficulty of the game really depends on various factor including the hero that you chose. Luna is on of easy hero as she only have 2 active spells. Also, in my opinion, including easy hero is good to encourage new players to play the game. Imagine when you are new to Dota 2, and the only way you want to win the game is to master 4 active skillshot abilities. I bet most of the new players will run away after playing 1 game. That is why there are certain heroes have easy skill set and some of them have hard skill set.

For skillshot abilities, there are currently 112 heroes playable in Dota 2. Some of them are really easy to play and don't have skillshot ability like Luna, the one that you've played. Luna have 2 active abilities and 2 passive abilities and none of them are skillshot abilities, unless you bought an item that can change one of your ability which is Aghanim Scepter, that will alter Luna's ultimate, or the 4th skill. There are plenty more heroes that have skillshot abilities but most of them are hard to play. If you really want to play heroes that have skillshot abilities and want to aim the target manually, try Pudge. Pudge first skill is a skillshot ability, known as hook. This ability is the same as Rocket Grab on Blitzcrank in LoL. Based on my observations, all MOBA have skillshot abilities and non-skillshot abilities depending on what heroes/champions/etc you chose.

Also, there are pros and cons on both skillshot abilities and non skillshot abilities which I'm not going to explain since it might took a very long explanation that would not contribute to the discussion here.

One more thing, I think all MOBA games do release updates and patches regularly. Most of the patches include buffs, nerfs, item changes, just like you mentioned.
    Since it seems you have played both and are familiar with DOTA 2 and League of Legends, which do you think has more heroes/champions with skillshots? Of all gaming mechanics, skillshots is one of my favorite. Back in DOTA days in Warcraft 3, I used to play Pudge a lot because of the meat hook, I also used Clockwork but, I liked Pudge more. So when I switched to League of Legends, I immediately tried to find a champion that can pull an enemy using a skill shot, and that's how Blitzcrank became my main.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by RoBBBBBB View Post
    Well i dont know where to start first. Ive been playing League of Legends for almost as long as i can remember, i remember playing it while it was still new on the year 2009(cant remember the month accurately) because my friend suggested that we play something new. Ever since then i got hooked playing until now, even though at the past i went on a hiatus playing LOL i find myself playing it again and again because its so much fun to play. now lets talk about who's the best. Well for starters Riot really outdid themselves with the UPDATES and consistency with their Game, what i mean is, it is really difficult to make a game, UPDATE it for the better and be consistent at the same time, i really feel Riot is paying attention not just for its players but for the game as well, There is something with this game that we gamers cant get enough of, This is probably one of the main reason why LOL is on top to-date. Let us go over to DOTA2/DOTA(to me its the same game) The Godfather of all MOBA games, The MOBA game that started all MOBA games. DOTA is arguably the best MOBA game(before LOL), ive been playing it since i was in highschool. our favorite past time, here in the Philippines, we take our DOTA gaming very seriously, even to the point that we even competed to earn money from it. How? we create 2 teams with each team consisting of 5 players and then we collect or we raise pot money e.g. each player shall raise 50 pesos/2 USD(latest exchange rate as of today) and then which ever team would win, they would have rights to the pot money where they will divide it depending on how much that player raised, so for example a player raised 50 pesos/2 USD if that player's team win, he would get a total of 100 pesos/ 5 USD. PLUS! bragging rights! You see MOBA games for me is a battle arena where we showcase our skill level and knowledge in order to play and WIN. that is the main point of MOBA games is to win.so in order to win you have to have the necessary skill set to use or play the game to your benefit and beat the competition, and these two Titans have served that purpose and served it well. With that said it is really hard to choose WHICH is the best MOBA game because i feel like they are both great games and really fun to play alone or with friends. But in my opinion League of Legends has a SLIGHT advantage against DOTA(for now). Just the marketing of how Riot sells the game is brilliant, i mean look at it this way, the prize money for DOTA 2 is way higher than LOL esports, probably one of the highest prize pool for esports today, BUT. with that said, League of Legends is still on top so probably for now The best MOBA game is League of Legends. But then again, for how long? Will DOTA regain it's throne again. The real question now, is. When?
    I have never gambled when it comes to MOBA although I've had friends who made a lot of money from it. I just don't think I'm good enough to bet money on myself. The most risky thing I've done was battle with some college students when I was in high school. Luckily, we won. There were no bets but we really assumed they would be way better than us that time. I feel like involving money is too risky, not just because you'll lose, because I've heard about riots and killings happen just because the losing team became so frustrated with their defeat.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by DaRkKenX View Post
    Since this thread about matter of Opinion of every Individual, I believe many people might not agree with my statements.
    However,
    I will go with League of Legends as best MOBA game (for me).

I do realize why most people consider DOTA 2 over League of Legends as better MOBA and reason it with "DOTA Came first", "League is a copy of DOTA", "DOTA is harder than League" etc, I believe that most of these points doesn't mean that League of Legends is worse than DOTA.

While it's a matter of fact that DOTA did came before League, it doesn't mean that the game inspired by an already existing game is worse than it.
    And I believe "DOTA is harder than League" is incorrect statement and I would rather prefer the term "DOTA is more punishing and complex than League".
    Unlike League, dying in DOTA is much more punishing and it can get to the point where stronger keeps getting stronger and weaker isn't able to catch up anymore.
    But that doesn't mean that DOTA is "BETTER" than league just because it's more punishing.

On contrary, I believe what makes the game better than another depends on "If you are having fun playing the game or not".

As I said before, everybody have their own opinions and experiences with both games.
    Everybody have their own preference and might find one game more fun than another.

In my case, I found League of Legends more fun to play from my experiences so far.
    I find the gameplay, simplicity, champ's skillsets, smoothness etc of League more fun than other MOBA games.
    Also, knowing that even if you get behind in game, you can catch up to others quickly if you play well keeps up the positive attitude in the game.
    I believe that the game's community plays a big part on your experience with the game, and surprisingly I found playerbase of League much better than DOTA, (Based on my experience, can be different for others)

In DOTA, majority of the players I played with took the game way too seriously were toxic which made the game experience much worse than my experience in league.

Now I'm not saying that one should not play their best in the match. But if one is to take the game too seriously itself, it's not longer played for "fun" or "entertainment" which it was meant to be.

For me, I found that entertainment in League of Legends, therefore for me it's the best MOBA game out there.
    It bothers me when people act like DOTA is the very first MOBA ever. It isn't. So people can't really use the argument that League of Legends copied DOTA, because DOTA itself is a copy of a game - a custom map on Starcraft. And you're right, just because something isn't the "first", it doesn't mean it's not as good. In fact in real world, most popular brands of products are just "copies" and the original ones rarely become popular. That's just how it works.

While I love League of Legends, I'd have to disagree with you and say that DOTA 2 is harder. You said it yourself that it has more complexity and it is more punishing, thus logically making the game harder. My point is, yes, DOTA 2 is harder, but League of Legends is still hard to master.

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast