81 27.84%
  • DOTA 2

161 55.33%
  • Other

49 16.84%
Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBunny View Post
    Clearly DOTA. When you get to MOBAs like League and Heroes of the Storm everything is a cut down version of what they think are the relevant/fun features of the genre. Those 2 in particular turn every character into a nuke (you press your buttons and all characters have similar, balanced ability damage to each other) so everyone essentially plays the same way. Whether you're Soraka, Riven, Diablo, or Zagara you're really the same as anyone else. I can't tell who's using an ability sometimes since they all look the same.

But you get to DOTA and suddenly there are multiple unique styles where the heroes have individuality, personality, and interconnecting backstories. All of that and non-gimped gameplay. People may *like* League/HOTS/Smite/Paragon, which is fine, but all of those are just watered down MOBAs hidden behind grindwalls to unlock all of the characters/stat boosts (runes/cards)/game modes and paywalls for the skins. It's not really a debate.
    While I agree that League of Legends only applied simpler mechanics than DOTA, I don't think it is THAT simple that all champions are very similar or have similar play style. Maybe some champions have big similarities like Renekton and Riven, but if I remember correctly, DOTA also had similar champions like Sven and Wraith King. The champions on League of Legends also have unique play styles, they also have bakcstories, aka lore. Some of them even say different things/taunts when facing a specific champion.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by angelanz2 View Post
    now now.. a lot have said that LoL is more popular than DOTA, but in my country, out of the gamer in my school, only one guy plays LoL. Many favored DOTA for some reason. First, DOTA 2 platform might be easier to get and managed. Second, most of gaming-centers in my country provides DOTA 2, and other games, e.g: Point blank, Paladins, etc, but no LoL. So i think in terms of popularity, DOTA wins. And of course, friends influence.
    Next, tourneys. I never seen any LoL tourneys in my country so far held by gaming-centers, so i cant complain about its organizing, prize, and so on.
    Maybe just in your area? I believe it's a fact that League of Legends has more players than DOTA 2. There are statistics out there gathered by unaffiliated websites, showing that League of Legends has millions more players than DOTA 2. Although the number of players shouldn't be "proof" that a game is better than the other. It's just that League of Legends has made their game easily enjoyable by more people. So, when it comes to marketing strategy, for lack of a better term, in my opinion LOL wins.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by FrostHG View Post
    Dota 2 even with the bad community and the trashtalkers. its fun to play with friends and rank up in the MMR system. Seeing the number of your MMR slowly increasing is satisfying after every match. There is also the model customization items that you can trade or sell in the market that is capable of giving you some extra $$$ after the trades which i always do in dota :P . Even after I quit dota 2,i can't leave it forever, the excitement of it pulls me back into the game and it is hard to actually leave dota 2 alone haha
    League of Legends also have a lot of toxic players trashtalkers, so DOTA 2 isn't that bad community-wise. League of Legends also have skins but sadly, there isn't a market, at least the last time I played it. It would have been awesome if we were allowed to buy skins or shards from other players though, especially if we can buy it with in-game cash instead of real money. I also have quit moba (League of Legends), a lot of times, I take months of hiatus but I find myself reinstalling it and playing again. Right now, I've been on a really long hiatus though and I'm not sure if I'll play again.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Stealth1s1k View Post
    I'm not going to blow smoke and say this or that is my favorite.
    I freely admit I DON'T LIKE MOBA's.
    I would much prefer a game with a well developed storyline.
    A game I can play without the need for any form of having to care about another player
    I gave up on online shooters, I gave up on MMO's
    The true solo play is where I enjoy MY free time.
    Yeah, I understand how you feel. Playing competitive games sometimes can be more stressing than relaxing. And I know some people play games to relax. I personally wouldn't want to be stressed from work, then stressed from online games too when I get home. It's one reason why I have given up on playing MOBA games and one reason why I avoid playing CS:GO and the likes. For me, the purpose of a game is to entertain, and if it isn't entertaining anymore, it's time to uninstall it.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulBird View Post
    Hi all and as the title says, I vote for Dota2.

I like the f2p strategy that Dota uses.The entire heroes pool of the bat on the same map with everyone having the same chances of success (which are low ^^).
    I feel that Dota does throw you into the deep end as there is so much to learn, but a steep learning curve is very satisfying and much better then a game that holds your hand all the way.
    The meta changes, there's always new stuff and all in all the community is great (in a match its often a bit tense because its a high risk high reward scenario). Winning in Dota is a huge endorphin high, but a loss feels like a waste of life (especially after a 60min+ game).
    In Dota I also like the mechanics and physics used in the manipulation of your character as i feel it is responsive, fast enough but not too fast. Other moba often feel sluggish or a bit slippery.

All in all, yeah I believe in Dota2
    I think a game that is hard to learn isn't always better. Although me personally, I'd be okay with that. But I'm sure many people will disagree, considering how League of Legends has more players than DOTA 2, I'm sure one factor of that is because League of Legends is easier to learn. I agree with you about the physics, DOTA 2 has turnspeed. I wish they'd apply that to LoL. Kiting, in my opinion is an acceptable strategy, but it gets kind of ridiculous with how easy it is to pull of on LoL.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by PlayfulBird View Post
    Trash talk, toxic players, etc. will always be there in highly competitive scenarios, especially were the entire enjoyment comes from the synergy of a team. When that doesn't happen it is hard to enjoy any moba or team based sport. Also you cant forget that there are trolls that come on just to blow of steam through cyber bullying or just trashtalking rather than actually having fun.
    Yeah, competitive games with a lot of toxic players is normal but it's also expected from those games to have a good report or banning system. I don't know what it's like for DOTA 2 but I think League of Legends has an effective or strict(?) banning system. But sadly, bans get bypassed easily when they login their smurf/main accounts. Usually when I play, I just mute ALL chat and I mute my teammates if they don't really type anything helpful to the match.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by JKLorenzo View Post
    For me, Dota 2 will be the best of them all. I chose Dota 2 because when I was still a kid, Dota is the most played game in any Cafe's and Internet Shops around my place. And I like the fact that this game needs thinking to win team fights and clashes, it just exercises my brain a lot and I liked it. When I heard that Dota will have the version 2, the Dota 2, I was excited on what are the changes that have been made. So when I first played it I was amazed seeing how the game evolved in graphics. So this led me to building my own rig that can handle immense graphics updates of the game, this was the time I met Asus and ROG. Now I can play my favorite game without any lags and fps drops. And seeing that Asus ROG is used in the Dota 2 Boston Major is outstanding. I chose Dota 2 because...
    To be fair, I'm sure other mobas require a lot of thinking too when it comes to team fights or game strategy in general. I used to play DOTA Warcraft a lot too and indeed, it was so popular in internet cafés. I didn't react the same way you did when I heard that they're making DOTA 2. My initial thought was that, they really want to "milk" from the DOTA label and the Warcraft characters a lot. They could've made a new game title, with different looking heroes. But they did the lazy way and just upgraded and tweaked the DOTA heroes. But then again, I'm sure it's what most of DOTA community would have wanted.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by raldzxd View Post
    I have played almost every MOBA game out there. It all started with DOTA 1 when i was still in elementary school. It was the very best game that got me hooked. No console games that can bring me back to console gaming even with great stories and gameplay nowadays. Then came variations of dota, from HoN to LoL and others that keep coming up. Then Icefrog teamed up with Valve and created this awesome 2nd version of DotA with a new engine and stand alone client. The game just feels awesome, and the pro-games are really fun to watch. It has a complex learning curve and you can't really abuse heroes/skills/items anymore and that just makes it more awesome and fun to play. Other mobas do have their own merits but what really is great about Dota 2 is the community. Their might be some trolls here and there and cancers as we call them but overall, the community is just a fun loving competitive environment that supports the growth of E-sports in this digital world.
    As a League of Legends player, I can't really think of anything good or special about its community. Seeing that Steam forum, workshop, and what not encourages the community to participate in improving the game, I'm guessing that DOTA 2 does have a better community than League of Legends. I think it would be nice if LOL had something like Steam too, where players from all around the word can discuss and contribute to the game easily. Unlike right now where we're isolated from other countries.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by tophe15 View Post
    Many are confused of what is the best MOBA game.
    And in this section you will know my opinion of what is the best MOBA game.

First of all, there are many similarities on MOBA game but the difference are the gameplay.
    They also have both uniqueness, but what wins my heart on MOBA game is the DOTA2 because of its graphic style and its very unique style of blindspot and wise moves.
    The Graphics of DOTA2 if i were to rate is 10/10
    The gameplay and its balance is also 10/10
    and its UI on for first timer is also easy to use.

I have also played some MOBA games like LoL and vainglory on cp, although the LoL and vainglory have similarities on blindspot on grasses which removes its uniqueness.
    Well that is my opinion. how about yours?

#DOTA2
    #ROGxDOTA2
    I'm a League of Legends player but I agree about the graphics. Some characters on League of Legends just don't belong in their world. For example is Annie, she have Anime eyes for goodness sake. I don't mind that they have a child character, but at least do it properly. The splash art on some of the skins needs a rework too. All in all, I feel like DOTA 2 has a more mature graphics. As for the blind spots or fog of war, that's not really a DOTA invention. That has been very common feature with strategy games.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by sfvdgv View Post
    DOTA 2... Because you can't win alone in DOTA 2 unlike LoL. lol
    I don't really agree with this. I don't know if you can win alone in DOTA 2, but I'm sure if someone really good fought 5 new players, there's a possibility for the one player to still win. Same thing with LoL. I have never seen a match where a single person defeats an entire team. Unless they're on a ridiculous different level, which I'm sure would apply to most, if not all, games. Actually, from what I've gathered, it seems to be easier in LoL to catch up even if you're on a losing side, while in DOTA 2, the strong just gets stronger and the losing side just keep getting further below.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 LastLast