View Poll Results: The Best MOBA game

Voters
291. You may not vote on this poll
  • LoL

    81 27.84%
  • DOTA 2

    161 55.33%
  • Other

    49 16.84%
Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 284
  1. #121
    ROG Member Array MartinDraganov PC Specs
    MartinDraganov PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)HP zBook 15 g2
    MotherboardASUS P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3
    ProcessorIntel i7-2600K
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance
    Graphics Card #1EVGA GTX980Ti Hybrid
    Monitor3x ASUS VS247H-P
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD
    Storage #2WD Black 2TB HDD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H80
    CaseCorsair 600T White
    Power SupplyCorsair HX1050
    Keyboard Razer SWTOR Keyboard
    Mouse Razer SWTOR Mouse
    Headset Razer Kraken Forged
    Mouse Pad Razer SWTOR Mouse Pad
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z623 2.1
    OS Win10

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    Neither?

    I've tried both LoL and DOTA2, and I was just never drawn into them. I guess I value a story more than a battle arena.
    ~ ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe/GEN3 ~ Intel 2600K @ 4.6GHz ~ Corsair H80 ~ 8GB Corsair Vengeance ~
    ~ EVGA GTX980Ti Hybrid ~ Samsung 850Pro 512GB ~ WD Black 2TB ~
    ~Corsair HX1050 PSU ~ Corsair Graphite Series 600T White ~

  2. #122
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    6

    LoL :
    I think that LoL is better than DOTA2. I've played LoL for 2 years and played DOTA2 maybe only 10 games. For the gameplay,I think LoL harder than DOTA2. Coz, LoL prioritizing Skill first. For the example skillshot on LoL you have to aim the target manually. Another case in Dota2 you can use skillshot automatically (my experience playing Luna Moonfang). So, in this case i think DOTA2 easier than LoL.
    Other reason why i love to play LoL is there are many interesting changes each patch(buff/nerf to champion skill/item) which is made that game more interesting, merry Xmas !
    Last edited by laranje; 12-15-2016 at 09:25 AM. Reason: small

  3. #123
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Dota2 is well established and for me Lol is too cartoonish so that's one of the reasons why i like Dota2 better

  4. #124
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    30

    Plus respect to you, brother.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sh3pathome View Post
    HiVan, I've read most of your points and while some are valid.. But I can easily tell you probably haven't played Dota 2 much or have just played at a lower level and don't really understand it. Unless you have put as much time and effort into understanding Dota 2 as you have in LoL you can't really say you are "not biased". But the same thing can be said for me, I've probably played Dota 2 more than I have for LoL so maybe I'm a bit biased too.

    My Lolking is here: http://www.lolking.net/summoner/oce/293042
    Dotabuff is here: https://www.dotabuff.com/players/86964173

    I play on OCE server which sort of makes me trash but I 100% guarantee I could get Challenger on NA at least if given the chance. I wouldn't say I'm that good of a player, if somebody asked if I was good I'd say I am okay or decent. I think I can achieve results because I understand the games a lot, I don't play that much and I'm too old for these games now. 25 years old and been working full time for the past 5 years, got a GF who doesn't like me playing and tonnes of other things on the list too. Yet I've still had my share of competitive experiences, just came back from Korea last month after getting stomped in Dota 2 by teams like MVP Phoenix and TNC in WESG which is probably my last big tournament for MOBAs. However I still understand the games better than 99% of the player base (probably) and my opininon is purely based on my understanding from both games. You are basing your opinions having only played LoL and only heard of or watched Dota 2 and even though you can still have your say, it is similar to reviewing a restaurant based on one dish you have tried.

    Well yeah there are a lot of buffs in LoL which does make it more diverse in a way but this is only one advantage compared to the many disadvantages. You only have 2 jungle camps on each side (excluding buffs) whereas Dota 2 has 5 on one side and 3 on the other so it's not really a relativity issue. The bad thing with LoL is that if you send your support jungler and mid laner to top lane for a gank / push you will probably lose the game. You lose out two waves mid and their jungler will probably pressure bottom, it will take your team about 15-30 seconds to get back to the lane depending on mid or bot. If you look at every LoL game between Koreans it is all very much the same, compare the CS, look at the laning stage, mid game everyone will just shove lane and group up. It's a simple formula that works almost everytime and hardly everyone does it differently. Just because somebody picks a champion that isn't "meta" doesn't mean there is variety, I saw the MF support and Lee Sin support at worlds and seeing everyone hyped up because of a 'different' champ pick into a role just shows how consistent the games have been.

    Yeah I agree LoL is a lot more punishing and mistakes cannot be made, if you play in a high level game and make one mistake it is pretty much all over. Whether this is a good or bad thing depends on how you look at it. I think it's downright stupid because there are no comeback mechanics to get back into the game, no high risk plays to help your team come back. In Worlds if a team was behind 10k gold they have a 99% chance of losing but in Dota 2 there are many ways to comeback and risky plays to be made, people come back from 20k gold difference all the time in Dota 2. If I'm playing league with a team and we are behind the same strategy will be called, push lanes group up ward baron and dragon etc. But in Dota 2 if you are behind, you can choose to do a smoke rotation, do a bait, gamble on a big rune, buy a divine rapier etc.

    I worded that sort of wrong when I was talking about the roles, there is a lot more variety in Dota 2 trust me on this one. Also I played the meta where top laner would get smite and jungle too. Hearing you say double jungler as a variety of the game just shows how streamlined it really is. Did you know in Dota 2 you can even kill Roshan (Baron) at lvl 1 when the game starts? Riot sort of enforces the meta to shape the same way which confuses me as to what they wanna do with the game but that's a different story.

    Competitive is not always about the money, sure that drives more people to compete but some players just want to win. I thought the competitive scene was pretty black and white, Dota 2 is far more complex and superior in many ways and LoL doesn't even come close. Believe me when I say that Dota 2 trumps LoL in the competitive scene and how games are played and the teamwork needed to win, it just isn't even fair to compare and debate about it. I did not say LoL didn't require teamwork, I just said that there isn't really much depth to it and sure there are many combos to pull off but they are all very basic, if you play in high level games everyone will take timers of flash, and it's so easy to just press r when you are Orianna and your Malphite is spamming his going in ping. These things should be a given and if you are making a professional team and one player cannot do this then that player shouldn't be in the team. The Chinese / Korean hybrid teams communicate in English and they are all Fob as hell. If you've watched any of the Mic check series half the time you hear the teams say in teamfights: "Talon Talon Talon, Lucian Lucian Lucian, Nice nice nice, naisu naisu naisu. Is that really teamwork and communcation? There is some of that in Dota 2 but there is way too much going on and way too much that can happen that communication is ALWAYS an issue I guarantee it.

    If you are pushing high ground in LoL you only really need to watch out for their initiation and their tower. In Dota 2 however, you have a glyph to worry about, buy backs which effectively means that you have to be prepared to kill EVERYONE TWICE when taking high ground potentially. Late game the only thing you need to make sure you do in LoL is not get caught out, because being dead for 60 seconds could cost the game. In Dota 2 team fights late game can go crazy, with Aegis, cheese, refresher, divines and buy backs with BoT TPs there are just endless possibilities and you might even fight the same hero 3 times in one team fight, somebody could use a refresher orb to use their ulti twice, there are now "9" item slots so late game will only be more hectic. I could go on about how crazy things can get in Dota 2 compared to LoL but I'll hold off for now.

    I did not base the advantage purely off the buy back, it is just an added feature allowing comebacks, big plays, a safety net and sometimes this could be the reason games go on for 3 hours. Buy back is not as simple as you think, a lot of big decisions are made or held off because it exists which affects the game a lot.
    Hey, friend. Great comeback, first of all. Yes, I maybe biased. And let me just say, we have the same type of girlfriend, lol. You pointed out about the response time thing in LoL, but that's the whole point of it. Critical shot calling. Nevertheless, what you said is true -- Getting CS advantage, grouping up, shoving lanes, etc. But there are alot of games that is more on getting picks and ambushing instead of a boring game that plays safe. Still, I won't deny what you said is true. Yes, that is League. So yes, I think I am realizing what you are trying to say, competitive LoL is boring and LoL is better to be played casually. Hmm.

    I still believe that games being more punishing in League is a good one. It's just to urge players to play as perfect as possible. I mean, being able to buyback is kinda "OP", wouldn't it? If players didn't have the money for a buyback then it's pretty much gg for them. Moving on, in League there are also exciting plays like the things you mentioned (a smoke rotation, do a bait, gamble on a big rune, buy a divine rapier etc.) -- baiting is also a thing in League (no doubt). Gambling in buying high risk & high reward item in LoL, nope, we don't have that. We do have faking Baron or Elder, or just doing it to bait the enemy team to a fight because it's more or less a victory if that particular team gets it. Also, clutch backdoors, avoiding vision and finding a way to the enemy nexus. All that things. Not be as good as your examples, but yeah, just want to say it.

    Okay, I believe you with the part that DotA wins roles since you said it like you meant it. And yes, I think it was Ursa was the one capable of doing that level 1 Roshan? I still remember that in DotA 1. Or is there a different hero that can do that now? haha. Well anyways, maybe that's not possible in LoL because the Baron has a different reward. A buff that improves all your stat except your movement speed, also it empowers minions nearby you. So yeah, it would be kinda OP if you could claim Baron early in the game. Moreover, the whole team gets that buff.

    With the competitive scene, okay, maybe DotA really wins. Maybe your right. As you said it like you meant it again, I am going to believe you. (Oh and also, I believe you have more experience than me) -- I would doubt however that the combos in League are basic. Believe me in this one, there are many ways to counter skills in League. But yeah, that's not something new in DotA either. And I laughed how you illustrated the way Koreans communicated. That is 100% true, rofl. But with that said, doesn't that signify how League is a very fast-paced game and how players should be quick both mentally and "physically"? And focusing on a player in League requires teamwork as well, setting up properly and peeling for your carry and things. Again, that is not new to DotA as well. But all of these things, I would just like to specify.

    About the things about pushing high ground in LoL, I have nothing to say back. You are completely right, and you made me realize that. I am a League fan, but in the late game, all you need to do is avoid getting caught. And to push, just be careful about the tower damage and be sure to be careful about the opposing team's firepower.

    All in all, thank you Sh3pathome. I have no doubt that you understand BOTH games very well. And I think, I should be too. I might play DotA 2 again sometime soon. For now, I am 100% on League's side. Thank you for enlightening me.

  5. #125
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    30

    True.

    Quote Originally Posted by piciusz View Post
    Dota2 is well established and for me Lol is too cartoonish so that's one of the reasons why i like Dota2 better
    Yeah, a lot of people said that to me as well. League is indeed cartoonish and can be played by almost any PC with integrated GPU at the very least. Haha. No complaints about how it's designed tho.

  6. #126
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    1

    Best MOBA - "DOTA 2"

    Best MOBA for me is Dota 2. Dota 2 is my answer because I enjoy playing it everytime, no rest for my passion of this game. Dota 2 becomes the bonding moments for me and my brother that doesn't live in the same home anymore. I've become friends with others because of this game. And everytime I play I make sure that my teammates and even my enemies that they enjoyed our fight to make us more proud about our talent in this game. Even though I suffer from slow internet connection, I always find a way to play my favorite game and share the moment with my friends. Dota 2 will always be my game, even the latest change/patch will not make me hate or leave this game.

  7. #127
    ROG Member Array leopretorius PC Specs
    leopretorius PC Specs
    MotherboardM4A89GTD-PRO/USB3
    ProcessorAMD Phenom II X6 1050T
    Memory (part number)CMY8GX3M2B2133C9
    Graphics Card #1MSI GeForce GTX 970
    Sound CardASUS Xonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS VN247H
    Storage #1WD1002FAEX
    Storage #2WD30EFRX
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster V8
    CaseCoolermaster CM 690 II (ver.2)
    Power SupplyCoolermaster GX550
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder 2013
    Headset Kingston HyperX Cloud II
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z623
    OS Microsoft Windows 7 (6.1) Ultimate Edition 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
    Network RouterD-Link ADSL2+ Wi-Fi Router
    leopretorius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Quote Originally Posted by Yuten View Post
    Dota 2. Though my heart is begging me to actually say:"DOTA 2 EZ GGWP!!!"

    Well let's breakdown what "best" means:
    1) Overall enjoyment
    2) Game design
    3)Upkeep and Improvement
    4)Visuals (Graphics)
    5)Community and how it's controlled

    I'm basing my analysis on these statistics supported by MY OWN thoughts.

    I have sampled quite a lot of MOBA's but stuck with Dota 2 because it gave me a much better experience and enjoyment.

    1) Being a warcraft all stars player Dota 2 has come a LONG way from it ancestor.
    I enjoyed All stars because it was, at a stage, the only one of its kind and became very skilled at it. After sampling Dota 2 and various other MOBA games, my heart still stuck to my "1st love" simply because Valve took an amazing game... and made it better.
    The graphics are better, mechanics are smoother and the community is larger... which means less waiting for matches and more playing.

    2) The design of the game is flawless. There are very few bugs in the game and if one gets spotted, Valve quickly eradicates it to make the game fair. The fact that you have a hero that has no equal in the game makes it much more dynamic which contributes to anti picking (Making it way more competitive and sensitive).
    There is NO hero that cannot be countered because of the vast spells and items each hero has and can gain respectively. In LoL, 90% of all spells are AOE and Skill shots (Target Point) which I REALLY enjoy but it becomes redundant when every player has the option for a "flash" and can use it at any given time, Dota 2 wins in this sense and ironically makes hero positioning that much more valuable. There is so much more I could talk about with the mechanics of Dota 2 but eventually people are gonna get bored of all the reading. One thing I particularly love about Dota 2 is that if you are a newbee, or if you are part of the Clan "Newbee", you both have an exact 50% chance of winning. I don't like the way a player gets better stats that helps in game just because you've played longer than others... Dota 2 take real skill and skill only to be good in the game, not relying on a "+2% attack speed with every hero because your player level is 9". All of the above I believe is better than any other Moba.

    3)There are a lot of Moba''s but Dota definitely has the most updates. Sometimes annoying but necessary. When an update arrives it's usually visual items and alterations with hero skills and in game shop items. The alterations are VERY sensitively applied if Valve feel a hero/item is a bit too week/powerful and 90% of the time, the community agrees with the updates.
    The visual items (sets) that come with the update are always gorgeous and most are affordable. What really caught me here is that there are THOUSANDS of items that are player created, giving people who have an artistic side a chance to grow their skill and make some money on the side. I have never been disconnected in Dota 2 due to server maintenance. If there is some to be done, you can continue your game and, once it's done, wait a very short while until the server is up and running again. One thing that I can say that I do NOT like about Dota 2 is that it takes a VERY long time to release new heroes, but with all my previous points I can wait .

    4) Graphics, well I'll just summarize this one:
    Best graphics in a MOBA with ratio to its visual theme (Artwork is closest to the aimed style).
    Has the best GUI and Home screen vs other MOBAs.
    Players can customize GUI/HUD, Map Theme, Heroes, Map Weather.
    New to Dota 2 which I have yet to test is Dota VR which I expect will be amazing.

    5) The Dota 2 community is full of all types of players like any MOBA. My main point in this section is to highlight that Dota 2 was only released in 2013, which makes it 3 years old, and it already has a much bigger player database than any other MOBA (including LoL which was released in 2009 making it 7 years old) If it wasn't the best MOBA, why are so many people playing it? xD
    There are Bans and Mutes and AFK bans and so forth. Dota 2 has a control system that cannot really be abused. There are Mutes and Bans and etc... but it will only take effect if a pattern occurs with a player so, don't swear or feed too much cuz you'll get restricted . If you feel you have been restricted for any reason, you can contact steam support and they will help you with how they feel is fair.

    Overall Dota 2 is just an amazing game. I play every single day and I do so because it is extremely fun, I'm addicted to its competition, want to learn more about it and get better at it and meet new people from it.

    I think many other people will agree with me after reading my essay xD.

    Thank you for reading and all comments welcome within reason.
    Quite a nice review, really like the points you made except "EZ" that is toxic to the DOTA community.

  8. #128
    ROG Member Array leopretorius PC Specs
    leopretorius PC Specs
    MotherboardM4A89GTD-PRO/USB3
    ProcessorAMD Phenom II X6 1050T
    Memory (part number)CMY8GX3M2B2133C9
    Graphics Card #1MSI GeForce GTX 970
    Sound CardASUS Xonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS VN247H
    Storage #1WD1002FAEX
    Storage #2WD30EFRX
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster V8
    CaseCoolermaster CM 690 II (ver.2)
    Power SupplyCoolermaster GX550
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder 2013
    Headset Kingston HyperX Cloud II
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z623
    OS Microsoft Windows 7 (6.1) Ultimate Edition 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
    Network RouterD-Link ADSL2+ Wi-Fi Router
    leopretorius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by markbugzz View Post
    DOTA 2. simple as that
    Enough said..

  9. #129
    ROG Member Array leopretorius PC Specs
    leopretorius PC Specs
    MotherboardM4A89GTD-PRO/USB3
    ProcessorAMD Phenom II X6 1050T
    Memory (part number)CMY8GX3M2B2133C9
    Graphics Card #1MSI GeForce GTX 970
    Sound CardASUS Xonar Essence STX
    MonitorASUS VN247H
    Storage #1WD1002FAEX
    Storage #2WD30EFRX
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster V8
    CaseCoolermaster CM 690 II (ver.2)
    Power SupplyCoolermaster GX550
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder 2013
    Headset Kingston HyperX Cloud II
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z623
    OS Microsoft Windows 7 (6.1) Ultimate Edition 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
    Network RouterD-Link ADSL2+ Wi-Fi Router
    leopretorius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    8

    Question Missing in action

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    I'm very shocked to see that it's so one sided right now and no LoL fan have come to defend it.
    LOL maybe all the DOTA fans here made them shy?

  10. #130
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    12

    none of the above, MOBA are the worst

Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •