Storage #2WD30EFRX
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster V8
    CaseCoolermaster CM 690 II (ver.2)
    Power SupplyCoolermaster GX550
    Keyboard Razer Blackwidow
    Mouse Razer DeathAdder 2013
    Headset Kingston HyperX Cloud II
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z623
    OS Microsoft Windows 7 (6.1) Ultimate Edition 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
    Network RouterD-Link ADSL2+ Wi-Fi Router

Troubling analogy

Quote Originally Posted by DJFulcrum View Post
    The best MOBA, not an original, but a new entry to the genre, Paragon.

Why Paragon? Though a game still in development, but playable, it is rich with what is missing in the traditional mix. It is competitively paced, it promotes teamwork and allows a player to customise his/her own individual playstyle. It took the good elements which made its competitors shine, and improved on them. It is the best game in its MOBA stable as opposed to the lacklustre Battleborn.

Since the game is still in development there is much to resolve, especially the balance, but the cards, character and Paragon points add a uniqueness to the overall quality. It also speaks to FPS players which is unreluctantly to place their time at MOBA’s like LoL and Dota2, like me which had a disastrous experience at LoL.

From strength to strength.
    I also find the concept of the game quite interesting, how ever I don't think you can say its the best MOBA out there if its so early in its life.
    You're other point is also a mystery to me regarding; "it promotes teamwork", cause all MOBA's are built on that principal of teamwork to achieve victory. It's not up to the game to achieve team play, but each individual player. That fact brings me to my biggest concern regarding 3rd person MOBA's, each player focuses more on there own individual actions apposed to having a top view where you can see what each player is doing thus having a more robust team orientated experience. It becomes more an FPS brawl than an actual ARTS.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by levluc View Post
    Matter of taste. Dota 2 is a bit harder than LoL since it has more mechanics (turn rate, denying, runes, etc) and I felt like the heroes were more balanced than the champions in LoL, but LoL was much easier for me to get into.
    Both are very hardcore games with a steep learning curve, but LoL seems a bit more casual than Dota 2. Dota 2 on the other hand is much more rewarding and actually managed to keep my interest for two years now, while I got bored by LoL after 6 months.
    But ultimately it comes down to personal preference.

I would play both of them but if i have to Decide i have to take Dota
    yeah DOTA2 is much more complicated because of many aspects even positioning is a critical part like timing. Yet still we love how DOTA2 works!

New ROGer Array

League of Legends

To me League of Legends is the best game.
    It bring joy in playing and it never gets boring.
    The true concept of the game is to bring players together as teammates to take down objectives and win games.
    A game where the developers and the community care about eachother.
    Every month we have interesting gamemodes and stuff.
    League is a game u can play with friends all around the world and that is how i met my girlfriend..
    League realy does bring people together..

New ROGer Array

Damn... I remember when i started playing dota 1(warcraft3 tft) back in 2005. Those were the days! This game sticked with me till present day, and i got a feeling it'll stick for many years to come. Now i'm playing both dota 1 and 2. I like the buying system implemented in dota 2 but somehow the simpler/cleaner graphics of dota 1 help me on team fights to have a better response. Happy gaming!

New ROGer Array

Why I chose LoL

So I voted LoL.

LoL has issues yes, there's always some champ broken (Camille ahum), or people flaming at each other and more. But when you look past that you can see a great fun community where people help each other get better, have loads of fun and more. Also Riot works incredibly hard to deliver a fantastic experience. They have been nominated for top 100 best companies to work for so that sure says something about their dedication. If people here have played LoL they sure remember when the EUW servers where constantly lagging, down, DDOS'ed and more. But Riot invested into making our experience better and fixed it with their new networking system.

I might not be a good LoL player or anything of such sorts, but I have fun and ain't quitting soon. I want to contribute to it's fantastic community and improve it, by being a better person and player.

Let's see what this season is gonna bring.

New ROGer Array

The Best MOBA Games Is Just DOTA 2!!

Well, Now, I Will Comparing MOBAs: League of Legends vs. Dota 2 vs. Smite vs. Heroes of the Storm. Which Is The Best??

-LEAGUE OF LEGENDS (LOL)
    All hail the MOBA king. League of Legends was one of the first standalone MOBAs, and it was able to transform the spirit of the original mods into a free-to-play money-maker. While it has faced plenty of competition, none have knocked it out of the No. 1 spot.

League of Legends got rid of some of the complexities of Defense of the Ancients (the mod for the real-time strategy game Warcraft III that all MOBAs grew out from), notably the capability for players to deny the other team experience and gold by killing their own minions. It also continued to add a steady stream of new heroes, and right now it has a gigantic roster of 126. It has added different maps and modes besides the traditional three-laned MOBA standard, but the original still remains by far the most popular

-DOTA 2
    While League of Legends made some changes from Defense of the Ancients, Dota 2 is a pretty faithful update of the original mod. It features the same mechanics and even most of the same heroes. It’s the most technical of the four, so it’s probably not a great place to start if you have no experience with MOBAs.

While League of Legends experimented with alternative maps and game modes, Dota 2 is strictly about playing on the same field of three lanes between two bases. However, developer Valve has recently allowed the modding community to create custom games using Dota 2’s assets, so we’re going to see all kind of wacky variants now.

-SMITE
    The biggest difference with Smite is its perspective. While most MOBAs have an isometric, top-down view (a carryover from its real-time strategy origins), Smite is a third-person game. This allows for most of the abilities to require aiming, which can make the experience feel more frenzied and dependent on player skill. Also, while most MOBAs have a purely fantasy setting (another carryover from Warcraft III), Smite bases all of its playable characters after gods from different myothologies.

Smite is also one of the few MOBAs to come to consoles, with an Xbox One version currently in beta. The third-person experience makes a lot more sense for a controller than the traditional, mouse-dependent top-down view. Smite offers a $30 bundle that gives you all playable characters present and future.

-HEROES OF THE STORM
    The newest kid on the block, Heroes of the Storm is the most casual MOBA on this list. Unlike the other three, it doesn’t have an in-game shop that requires you to buy and use items during play. It also has teams leveling up together, instead of heroes earning their own experience. This can prevent players, especially poor ones, from becoming quickly outclassed in a match.

Also, each Heroes of the Storm map — while retaining the traditional MOBA objective to destroy the other team’s base — has an additional goal that can help your team. One map has you collecting gold coins to turn into a ghost pirate, who then shoots cannons at the other team’s buildings once you meet its price. Another spawns tokens around the map, and getting three of them curses the other team, weakening their minions and structures. These objectives make team fights break out much earlier than in traditional MOBAs. Heroes of the Storm is also something like Blizzard’s take on Super Smash Bros., in that its roster includes characters from all of its franchises.

Well, I Vote Dota 2 Because Valve Has allowed the modding*community to create custom games using Dota 2’s assets That Can Be Funny To Play It And Other Moba Games Doesn't Have It, And Dota 2 Just Have Only One Arena But All Char Here Is Free So You Can Choice It What Ever You Wan It, And Other Thing Dota 2 Have, That Doesn't Have It In Other Moba Games. I Hope The Best MOBA Is Dota 2.
    Last edited by Hadid21Vpro; 12-20-2016 at 03:13 PM.

New ROGer Array

Lol best moba

I think league of legends is the best moba because it has a lot of different Champion and each with a different playstyle, It is very easy to play this game *and the tutorial explain in a Good way the basic of the game for a new player. This moba is very enjoyful to play with your friends and you can choose the best Champion that suits you. You can play very competitive in this games and to see how many player are Good at this game, you can trust your teamates and it is always fun to play

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sh3pathome View Post
    First off I'll just say it now... Dota 2 is better, and I have played them both casually and competitively achieving challenger for two/three years in LoL and competiting in WESG APAC regionals for Dota 2 so maybe my word will be a lot more influential than others (those who only played one, I'm looking at you).

1. Heroes and Abilities - LoL > Dota 2

Both MOBAs have the typical 5v5 and a wide variety of heroes / champions to choose from, I always see people comparing them and in 90% of the comparisons made LoL players will say Dota 2 heroes are way more diverse and interesting whereas Dota 2 players will say LoL champions are more diverse and varied. General consensus is that the new and unknown game will always have the more interesting heroes. But having played both quite a bit I will say LoL takes the cake with this one, heroes with multiple forms like Jayce and Nidalee are always interesting and a lot of champions that can manipulate or use terrain to their advantage like Poppy or Anivia. To top it all off, runes / masteries / AP and AD scaling and summoner spells all create a huge variety for a way to play a certain champion. Sure, there are optimal ways to play a champion but there are always different ways to play a champion to suit your playstyle. AP and AD variants create 2 champions out of one like AD/AP malzahar or AD/AP shaco, other ways that utilize masteries and runes can create different builds for champions like tank/AD Rengar or Tank/AP/AD Ekko and even Tank Jayce. I mainly played Tank Jayce to get Challenger which says something about the variety.

In Dota 2 all heroes are generally played the same, you do see a few outliers like a vengeful spirit going carry or gyrocopter going support but the heroes themselves are the same, they just build different items. There are unique heroes like Meepo, Chen and Invoker but they don't really raise the bar too high. LoL also releases a champion every few weeks while Dota 2 can take months.

2. Map, Movements and Vision - Dota 2 > LoL

Both Dota 2 and LoL are better in their own ways. LoL has an extra big advantage option (Dragon) along with red and blue buffs which sort of adds a PVE element to it as well. Bushes are there to jump people and make jukes (BIG PLAYS) but the map is small and the trees and environment are two dimensional (meaning a tree has the same effect as a cliff they just look different). You can't really TP in LoL unless you have the summoner spell so rotations rely on you running to other lanes which generally allow the enemy team to capitalize on objectives / kills if they know where you are. Vision is important and with vision you can play around all the bad foreseeable outcomes which makes the game bland and plain boring (IMO), there just isn't much variety in what can happen.

In Dota 2 the map is bigger, contains more environment you can interact with (you can even cut trees to create paths). You can stack the neutral camps and save them for farming later and runes itself add a huge variety and depth to the game. With big movement items like blink and TP you can move around the map at any given moment (you can TP to allies). Smoke adds a huge feature in Dota 2 in which you aren't visible to the enemy unless you get close to them or a tower, there is scan to counteract this but the point is, you can be anywhere and the enemy can't 100% predict where you'll be and what you'll do. There was just a new update in Dota 2 adding shrines and changing the map around so there's a lot more to offer now.

3. Different approaches and strategies- Dota 2 > LoL

There is no doubt about this one, I'm sure everyone can agree with me, the world of Dota 2 is far more varied than one on the Summoner's Rift. Let's look at the typical draft first, in LoL it is almost the same every game, 1 top 1 mid 1 jungler and 1 support / ADC bot... You rarely see anything different and the worst it can get is a lane swap so top goes bottom and bottom goes top. There was a game where a Korean team ran an all mid push strat with Heimerdinger but I'll have more on that later. In Dota 2 there are way too many strategies that are used, sometimes 3 people in one lane, 2 people mid, 2 junglers... And the list goes on, but if you've watched or played Dota 2 you will know what I mean. Every game can start off differently and there isn't the exact same "lets trade farm for the first 15 minutes" that happens in all solo queue games in LoL.

4. Denying - Dota 2 > LoL

I have to bring this one up because the most common argument I have seen on the internet is "You can deny in Dota 2 but you can't in LoL", this is both true and false. In Dota 2 yes you can kill your own creeps so they give no gold and less exp to the enemy, you can't do this in LoL. However what you can do in LoL is indirectly deny creeps by pushing them to the enemy tower and get that to kill them for you, obviously when the enemy just went back or is roaming. You can also zone the enemy champion by standing on the other side of the way to deny too but this require you to be at a higher skill level than the opponent or have a better jungler. In Dota 2 "zoning" the offlaner is pretty much the same as denying him of farm so I feel this should count in LoL too.

5. Casual gaming - LoL > Dota 2

As a casual player, both games are similar in this respect as it lets you play with your friends and run strategies together or just play together as a group. In Dota 2 there are loads of strategies that will be viable and fun which makes the game fresh, you can run all carries, 4 junglers(????) do insane push or all in strats and they will all work decently well. I've seen all these random strategies that people use in LoL that work well like 5 man tps or double bruiser bot lane or something. They are all fun to do and you can pull it off against other casual players easily. You can talk and strategize with friends making different things work but they only work to a certain level. As a casual LoL / Dota 2 player there are lots of different ways you can play the game and most of them will be viable at that level of play. The LoL community is a LOT bigger and there are way more events to follow with LoL so maybe that will be better if you are in it casually.

6. Competitive gaming - Depends on what you are after

Dota 2 has the bigger prize pool, this year's International was almost $21 million USD, far superior to LoL's $5 million. The best in Dota 2 make a lot more money than everyone else and same goes for LoL but the curve isn't as steep. There are championship series for LoL which give players a set salary on the games they play during the Season if they manage to make it in making Riot the main sponsor for most people. In Dota 2 prize money will be the main source of income even though sponsors do pay out to some extent.

Dota 2 requires a lot of teamwork and trust whereas LoL just requires a lot of individual skill. I'm sure people will tell me I'm wrong but this is very true to a certain extent. In LoL you even have Korean players in NA / Chinese teams and they don't even speak the language fluently. I know these teams don't perform that great so you can argue that teamwork isn't needed but imagine a team of the 5 best players in the world, they can outskill and there wouldn't really be much teamwork needed because it is very easy to play with each other in the game as long as you have the information.

In Dota 2 there are so many things that can happen in the game and so many things for you to watch out for that make the game very hard, there are TPs, smoke, runes, blinks and even buy backs so you can't really visualize what's going to happen ahead of time, you just go with the flow with the information you have. In LoL the game is boring and has nothing much to offer, early game the only variable is the jungler and you can play around almost everything as long as you have the information and it's very easy to see the options. This is why Koreans are always the best in LoL (and SC2), because they rehearse a lot and can process information quick, it's easy to win when you can rehearse the same game plan 100 times and have no variables that make it go wrong (as long as you have skill to execute). If you see a jungler bottom you know the options are dive tower or get dragon so you can either play around top or countergank bot depending on what you have available. If the enemy top laner used tp you know he can't tp for 4 or 5 minutes so you can send your top laner to split push and maybe secure baron area. Vision can also decrease the number of various game playouts as well, if you can plan how long it will take an enemy to arrive somewhere or look at where can they be in the next 30 seconds you can play around that. If somebody is dead he is dead, no buy back so you also have information there whether you are stronger or not to take an inhibitor or something. Don't get me started on Dota 2... There is way too much that can happen and you can't rehearse anything you just have to trust your intuition and teammates.

7. Watching as a Sport - Dota 2 > LoL

Both games have hype and action, amazing crowds and massive prize pools. But I just need to say one thing here and that is: SKT1 won the past 3 LoL World Championships and the Koreans have dominated the scene. LoL games have the same strategies and picks/bans every single game it just feels like you are watching it more to see the players play not the actual game being played itself. The only game that stood out for me in LoL was the Heimerdinger all mid push strat which is definitely worth a watch. However Dota 2 is amazing in the eyes of a specator, there are still the main picks/bans but almost all heroes are picked and there are a LOT of strategies run with some of them being new and fresh. Dota 2 has become a great game to watch because there is so much variety and you never can predict who will win. Some of the most hyped up teams can come last place whereas a new random team like Ad Finem can come 2nd place in the Boston Major. So much can happen in a game that it will leave your mind puzzled and have you thinking what just happened. There are insane moments with buy backs, clutch spell usage, smokes and a lot more which makes every point of the game fun to watch. Meta is always changing and created even though patches stay the same, I think Wings were the first to run SD Luna and that itself created the illusion meta with SD being picked almost every game despite never being picked up before.

I've said way too much here but hopefully it truly shows how much better Dota 2 is overall, LoL can still be picked up as a if you have some friends playing it but if you are looking at a new game to start, Dota 2 is definitely the better MOBA.
    A very well elaborated points from an experienced Dota 2 and LoL player. I've read all the points and I'm glad to see that we have the same perspective

ROG Enthusiast Array DJFulcrum PC Specs
    DJFulcrum PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Aorus X7 v2
    MotherboardASUS H81-GAMER
    ProcessorIntel ® Core™ i7-4790
    Memory (part number)Corsair Vengeance 8GB x 2 DDR3-1600MHz
    Graphics Card #1XFX AMD Radeon™ R9 280X Black Edition Double Dissipation
    Sound CardASUS SupremeFX
    MonitorASUS VE228H
    Storage #1SSD Crucial BX100 250GB
    Storage #2HDD WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM - 64MB Cache
    CPU CoolerCM HYPER 212X
    CaseCorsair Carbide Series ® 200R
    Power SupplyCorsair CX Series™ CX750M
    Keyboard Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming M65 RGB Laser Gaming Mouse
    Headset CM Storm Resonar
    Mouse Pad Razer Destructor Hard Gaming Mouse Mat
    Headset/Speakers Creative Inspire T6200 5.1 Speakers
    OS Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterTP-Link TD-W8960N
    Accessory #1 Logitech WingMan Extreme Digital 3D
    Accessory #2 Logitech WingMan Formula GP

Quote Originally Posted by leopretorius View Post
    I also find the concept of the game quite interesting, how ever I don't think you can say its the best MOBA out there if its so early in its life.
    You're other point is also a mystery to me regarding; "it promotes teamwork", cause all MOBA's are built on that principal of teamwork to achieve victory. It's not up to the game to achieve team play, but each individual player. That fact brings me to my biggest concern regarding 3rd person MOBA's, each player focuses more on there own individual actions apposed to having a top view where you can see what each player is doing thus having a more robust team orientated experience. It becomes more an FPS brawl than an actual ARTS.
    I have been playing the game since it had gone Beta, got me hooked. Fresh.

As an CSGO player, the teamwork carries the same merit, where voice commands/updates, roles and map knowledge are critical to achieving success which also is applicable to any team based game, but where you have mentioned that players attend more to their own individual actions as opposed to the top view where the traditional MOBAs have a more robust team orientated experience I may argue with my CSGO experience that there is no consistency without a team. Teams are built on the learning curve, strengths, individual skill, risk and trust, to promote individual contributions. Once you go PvP as a team, the card customisation largely contribute to the overall strategy. As long as there is communication the teamwork is as robust as any 'top down' MOBA.

Even as a new game, I have only had one or two PvP’s where non-team players were on the team, every other game the team, together, contributed throughout the 1st phase all the way towards the end game. We are already more than 5 regulars playing the game. I have also had at many times experienced non-team players on other MOBA's, especially due to mistaken matchmaking, though any online game is exposed to this.

I am yet to experience toxicity in solo queuing.

New ROGer Array

Dota!

It just has the best updates and expansions

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast